MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-17-2001, 11:52 PM   #21
Snorman
Registered Member

Quote:
posted by Coupe5oh
Snoreman....not the case in my area, i know a guy with a 99 m6 that has his 6spd popping outta gear, and grinding, his car goes low 12's with cam, 373gears, minor boltons, cuttouts, and e.t.streets. he recently destroyed his rear too, but i know of a guy that has a 10sec s-trimmed f-bod a4, that broke his rearend months after he had been running it, now it has a 12bolt.
There are exceptions to every rule. I've run my stock T5 behind a 150 shot for ~2 years and behind a ~400rwhp blown KB combo since May '99 and only recently started having problems. I know guys making 225rwhp and breaking T5's every other trip to the track. There are many LS1 guys running 10's on the stock rear...they just get good at rebuilding it...often. The T56's seem to have a penchant for eating syncros, but take quite a bit of abuse.
IMO, the A4 is preferable in the LS1 cars if you want to have a street/strip brawler. My buddy just went 11.9@113mph yesterday in a '99 Formula with (get this) a JP cam, pulleys, cutout, de-screened MAF and a convertor (I think a 2600 stall). No headers, no head work, nothing else, full weight (without a back seat)...pretty impressive. The A4's are tough trannies, and a head/cam car paired with the right stall and gearing will be a very dangerous combo.
I may very well put an LS1 in my garage after I pay off my Tahoe next year. I've been close to buying one a few times in the last few years, but decided that I needed to have a more practical daily driver (I've got a '99 DOHC Taurus).
S.

Snorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2001, 12:51 PM   #22
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snorman
There are exceptions to every rule. I've run my stock T5 behind a 150 shot for ~2 years and behind a ~400rwhp blown KB combo since May '99 and only recently started having problems. I know guys making 225rwhp and breaking T5's every other trip to the track. There are many LS1 guys running 10's on the stock rear...they just get good at rebuilding it...often. The T56's seem to have a penchant for eating syncros, but take quite a bit of abuse.
IMO, the A4 is preferable in the LS1 cars if you want to have a street/strip brawler. My buddy just went 11.9@113mph yesterday in a '99 Formula with (get this) a JP cam, pulleys, cutout, de-screened MAF and a convertor (I think a 2600 stall). No headers, no head work, nothing else, full weight (without a back seat)...pretty impressive. The A4's are tough trannies, and a head/cam car paired with the right stall and gearing will be a very dangerous combo.
I may very well put an LS1 in my garage after I pay off my Tahoe next year. I've been close to buying one a few times in the last few years, but decided that I needed to have a more practical daily driver (I've got a '99 DOHC Taurus).
S. [/B]

Damn I am so out of touch....With this sh!tty air here where I live I am use to seeing LS1's run 13.9-14.1 and new GT's run 14.5-14.8...

I would love to see what my car would run at sea level.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote