MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-10-2001, 08:11 PM   #21
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Really? I tought Toronto was a Hot spot for street racing! I am surprised to hear that.
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2001, 10:01 PM   #22
Try Me
Registered Member

Talking

There are tons of wicked cars in Toronto
I'm not bragging here or anything, but it's hard to imagine bigger street racing gathering's than the one's we've got here 70+ cars

Has anyone here been to some Toronto or Montreal organised street racing? Maybe in the states?
Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 12:25 AM   #23
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

SISU, you have my written invitation to come over, with you friends. I'll give you a map of where we go to meet and where the races are.

We had about 70 cars last time,... but I hear from others that about 30-40 others got lost on the way there. We have a new spot, and they couldn't figure out where we were. The scene is really growing fast and the new spot is really nice!!!!

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2001, 06:43 AM   #24
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

I went to Montreal to check out the illegal races two summers ago. It's weird, the cars race on Thursdays and Bykes race on Fridays. Since I have to work Fridays I could only make it on a Friday and watched some bikes race. That was on the south shore and there is probably more racing at the North of Montreal.

What about that red Corvette from Missausaga that was featured in GMHTP, he runs 8's on slicks. Does he run in the streets sometimes?
Old 05-11-2001, 05:40 PM   #25
SisuStang

Cops have been cracking down big time on the street races. That, coupled with the huge amount of ricers, has pretty much drowned out most of the serious cars. They tend to just go to the track these days.

That red 'vette - I've heard that he used to street race alot, but I don't know if he has lately... I've seen it run at the track. Those 'vettes can launch something fierce!

We do still get large amounts of cars out, but like I said above, mostly rice. None of them will race me. I wonder why?

I haven't been there this year yet, but last year we cruised out to Hamilton a couple of times. Nice cars & decent action out there.

I was out in Oshawa last year too. Not a bad turnout there.

We've gone as far as Peterborough. We know some 'stangers out there & get together with them for some country road fun.

Are the cops not a problem up there in Ottawa?
Old 05-14-2001, 12:08 AM   #26
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Dude the cops just want to make sure we stay out of town to do it. They are totally cool with us. I haven't seen what ticket for racing in the past 2 years.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2001, 08:14 AM   #27
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

That's true Lizard, I can't beleive how lenient the cops are in Ottawa, they just show up at a random time to show who's the boss and watch us leave. Apparently, this week they ticketed an Eclipse but the guy was speeding. Not too smart if you ask me, we know they leave one or two cruisers up the road for backup all the time.

When they show up, nobody panicks, we just leave in an orderely fashion. One guy was asking the cop to make a burn out, I didn't see the officer's reaction but he didn't do it.