MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-01-2001, 06:40 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Thumbs up New Times (long)

well i got my mccreary on and at the local street races they felt good, so finaly got to the track last night to see what the clocks would tell me. first run, did short second gear burnout and since i was making a solo pass i took my tim staging and rev'ed to 2500 and on green let clutch out quick but was as quick on gass and bogged a bit but felt good hit second and tires barked a tad ( ) them got overanxious and couldn't find third but then found it and finished my run. the way the track is setup when you finish your run you can briefly see what you run is cause of where they have the timing board. i could see i ran a 9.6 and was a bit bummbed till i saw my 60' times, 2.05! i was surprized and went around to make another pass. same rourine this time except no missed gears and time was 9.37 with another 2.05 60' time. met my buddy in staging lanes and he told me to bumb my r.pm's when leaving. they started running the friday shootout cars so we had a long cooldown period and car was at 140 so i started it up when it was time to start moving up but kept hood open to keep unhood heat down. did my usual starting line routine except for leaving at 3000 and got into gas hard and felt like a good run and it was! 9.13 with a 1.98 60'! i was grinning and found my buddy and he was happy for me and said now try 3500. we had to wait about an hour to make another run and when we finally did i was running solo this time so i took my time a when staging and left at around 32-3300. all i heard was a short screech and then was time for second gear and then 3rd, i crossed the line and look at the scoreboard and was showing a 9.06! got my time slip and 60' time was 1.94! a few more run to get used to having traction and i feel i can run in the 8.9's. then i can start adding hp to it.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:30 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Those are nice times that would be a 14.1 in the 1/4 mile.
Do you have to use alot of clutch with the McCrearys or do they bite if you dump the clutch.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 09:10 PM   #3
venumus93
Registered Member

lx mike: nice runs on the mccrearys! i'm hoping to pickup some d/r's for my extra 15in rims sometime soon so i can get below 2.0 60' times myself. in the meantime, still practicing on the street tires! my racing mechanic told me a trick to practicing my launches on the strip: after your burnout, try a short launch at different rpm's before getting to the staging lights and see where your best launch is. with only getting a few runs on the strip each time i go there, i'll get more launching practice this way. take it easy & let us know how you so next time on the track. later!
93Cobra#3974, 114K miles
3.55's, flo's, pullies, C&L
1/4: 13.985
60': 2.088 (street tires)
MPH: 99.58
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote