MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-18-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
lx mike
Undescribable

Talking Traction

well i finaly broke down and bought some decent tires for the lx and they make a big difference! got to the races and everyone was just standing around b.s'ing so i asked a friend i hang out with to run and he said ok so we lined up and i did a few test launches and it felt good so i decided to see what thy could handle so i launched at 2500 and dumped the clutch and matted the gas and it felt great!! i had him right off the line and each gear just kept pulling on him, after we shut down and was turning around he said " lets go again" i said ok so we did with the same results. he said he wanted to run later on so i said ok just say when. after that then more people started racing and we both said that "we" got it started.

oh b.t.w the tires are mccreary g-60-15 and i ran them at 26 p.s.i I got them for under $100 each from powered by ford. have to wait till week after thanksgiving to get to the track to get some times.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 12:59 PM   #2
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Good tires at a low price, nice.