MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-24-2001, 11:26 PM   #21
JuicedPGT
Registered Member

i understand, i just dont like when some people think that its a v6, it cant beat any v8. Everyone i hang out with has a mustang. The only reason ive been sticking to probes (my 2nd one so far) is because its different. Theres no fast probes around where i live and i want something different.
Your right, my car is a mid/high 13 sec car. But after i finish, it should be quicker.

PS...there are some VERY fast probes/mx6's out there. Check on probetalk.com and you will see. Theres quite a few puting down well over 300hp and 350ft/lbs and the wheels. And for a car our size, that is damn good. Exspecially since there isnt much out there performance wise for the probe. I have basically every bolt-on you can get.
Old 11-24-2001, 11:32 PM   #22
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JuicedPGT
...Theres no fast probes around where i live and i want something different...
You just answered your own question. While in some cases they can be fast, what are the chances it IS fast? An LS1 driver isn't normally afraid of an SN95 GT, but there are several out there that will wax an LS1. Just not the norm, and that's why the stereotype on the SN95 is what it is.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 11:39 PM   #23
inferno
The Instigator

JuicedPGT, no one bashed the Probe. They were just surprised that a car that usually doesn't compete did. Most of the people are very respectful of other makes and models(except for Unit ). And as far as Probes go, I have seen a lot more faster 1st gens than I have seen 2nd gens....turbo cars are easier to upgrade. I hope you stick around to see that most of the guys(except Unit ) are respectful and eager to learn about cars that don't have a horse on the grill.
Old 11-25-2001, 01:33 AM   #24
46stang
Registered Member

ok i could have worded the title of the post different! but in all actuallity i was a little surprised by how fast it was! I'm not bashing probes one bit! i can't say i care to much for making a front wheel drive car fast but that's just my oppinion. there are plenty of 4 bangers that can wax my car and it doesn't bother me one bit! I can tell you that the time in my sig. is kind of old and my car is faster than that time represents! If you live near so-cal I will meet you and race you any time! I enjoy racing all types of cars! I just got beat by an audi S4 a few weeks ago! no biggie. win-lose-or draw it's all good fun
Leon

11.49@122mph bakerfield raceway!
11.67@120mph fontana

98 GT, stock for now.
46stang is offline   Reply With Quote