MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-25-2001, 02:11 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Got in Several races with a 99, or 01 Cobra Vert.

The last few weekends have been kinda slow in Fayetteville, not much action going on in the street racing dept.

But a trend seems to be setting in, no action all night till I decide to head home and call it a day.

Seems like I cant get a race at all till I begin to head on home. Then everyone and there Grandma wants to race, and revs there engine. (There all usually going the other way though. I usually dont do U-turns to catch races, good way to draw attention to yourself)

Anyway, on the way home from the hang-out tonight, We run into a Laser Red Cobra Convertable. It was either a 99 or 2001 model. Well alittle passed the mall, we were at a light, I leaned over and looked through the window of the car between us and saw a women that looked to be in her mid 30's driving. I had hoped it was the asian girl I have seen around town driving a laser red Cobra Vert, but no such luck.

I dont expect any race, even though she was playing around before we caught the light (Same intersection I raced the LT-1 at in my old Stang). THe light turned green, I did my usual granny shift into second when all of a sudden she Nails it. I floor my girl (Car, 2000 GT) and catch her by the time I hit third. We play some cat and mouse through traffic, Tim C was behind me also, in his 99GT.

After doing this for about 5 miles, me and her catch a light. I whip over in the lane next to her, she began to edge foward to the line. I knew it was on then. I creep up and give a little Rev.

The light turns green and I get off the clutch to quick and spin, she does the same because I hear her Axle hoping all over the place. We hook about the same time and Take off. It was a close race the whole way through.

I'd pull on her pretty good till about 5000 RPM, then she'd start pulling even with me again. I shifted (Didnt loose any ground whats so ever in the shifts) at 5800-5900 into second and started pulling away again. She ran her car WIDE OPEN. I expected her to short shift it like most Cobra Guys (opps, Girl in this case.) do. But she wrang that mill out. When she hit second she started falling back slightly. Same thing through the whole race.

That one ended at the beggining of fourth due to a sharp curve we were approaching quickly.

We did some more cat mouse and caught the next light side by side. I went to yell "A women that can race. Are you available?" Jokingly and see where it went from there, but i was too busy getting down to bussiness. Wathcing the light. I gave her a thumbs up and she waved and smiled back. We both watched the light, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her take on the "Stance".

Unlike alot of Cobra Drivers around here, she knew what she was doing.

The light turned green, I launched softer, carefull not to spin. She launched harder and got massive wheel hop (Guess I kinda phsyced her out and she launched to hard) and I spun for about a second, hooked and shoot off. I won that one hands down, she couldnt catch me, We raced to about 110 MPH.

Again I could hear that Cobra mill just screaming, but what really surprised me is to hear her Bounce the Rev Limiter between shifts. She power shifted that sucker.

Tim C said it was awesome. He said when he saw that Cobra he said to his Borther "Oh hell here goes Thimons."

Chalk another kill for Mercury.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.

Last edited by Mercury; 11-25-2001 at 02:22 AM..
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 08:58 AM   #2
Bad Dad
Registered Member

Cool

Apparently She didn't really know what she was doing or she would of lift you by car lengths by 110.
Pre Fix 255RWHP 264RWTQ Post 274RWHP 275RWTQ After Mods 310RWHP 305RWTQ

Steeda Variable Rate Springs, Tokico Illumina 5 position strut, Koni 2 way adjustable shocks
3.73 gears, Pauls Pinion Brace, Steeda Pinion Bushing, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter
Cobra R rims 17x9 with 275 40 17 Yokohama A520 tires

Mustang Club of Central Iowa Auto-cross stock class points winner
¼ mile 13.063 @ 107.88 with a 2.071 60'
There's no exhilaration like acceleration.
Bad Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 11:29 AM   #3
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Nice kill, Mercury. She really needs to get some good lowering springs in that Cobra so she can nix that wheelhop.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 03:20 PM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

good kill merc.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote