MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-18-2001, 02:13 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Talking Tim C Waxes an LS-1 Trans-Am INFRONT OF EVERYONE!

The Fire Bird guys hung there head in shame tonight. One of there finest got shot down buy Tim C.

My good friend and cruising bro Tim C did us Mustangs proud tonight, especially those of us with 4.6's, with his modded 99 Aniv ed. GT.

Tonight was a pretty good night considering we had only about 15 cars at the "Spot". Tim C (Okay now this might be hard to follow) was talking to his Brother in Laws, Cousins Boyfriend tonight. There friends of ours, they have a Perf. Red 2000 GT.

He was asking us about the 4:10's Tim C has in his car. Tim C thought he'd take the guy for a quick spin to show off the gears. While they drive off, a guy runs to his 2000 LS-1 Trans-Am (With After markert Ram-air, 4:10's, and some other alleged crap) after Tim C.

Well, me and the other guys commence talking. I was telling them what had happened last night (From my Shocking Offer post.) When all of a sudden we hear tire squealing. Nothing unusual, we go back to our converstation, when Navigator (Just about everyone has Call names) points and yells.

"Oh sh*t. Tim's racing."

I hear the tires spin, and the sound of 40 series flows. I turn to see Tim C running WIde open against the white LS-1. Tim C is usually the Sane and Collective one of the group. Dont get me wrong he races, and loves it as much as I do, But he doesnt show his A$$ like I do.

"Holy Hell, he's racing a LS-1" I stammer and watch with surprise.

Navigator is all excited and waving his fist in the air yelling "Take him..Take Him...yeah man."

Next thing you know, everyones yelling and cheering them on, each cheering for there represented side.

"Sh!t!! The GT's winning!" someone yells. They fly buy us Wide Open.

"Damn Tim's waxing the guy". Tim C had a little over half a car length and was still pulling away from the Bird when he let off. Well into Fourth gear is when he shut her down, rolling at over 100.

The distance was Damn close to a quarter mile.

Tim C pulled in. The passenger he was carrying (weighing in around 210+ lbs) jumped out and started yelling "Hot Damn we just waxed that Bird. I need gears NOW."

The Fire Bird crawled back to his bunch with his tail between his legs and popped the hood. After we got the skinny from Tim C, me and a few guys went to the FireBird guys to see what there reaction was. They were all standing around, looking underneath the hood of the car that had just been beat (Maybe to find some hidding horsepower ) When they saw us coming, the guy slammed his hood shut and drove off before we could get there.

Some of the Mustang guys who didnt already know asked Tim what he had done to his car. Which is just Home Made Ram Air, Resitor in Air Temp sensor trick, Flotech off-road H-pipe, 40 series flows, Steeda Tri-Ax, and 4:10 gears.

The FireBird he had beat, supposedly had (Before this, the guy boaseted he had) 4:10's, resistor in air temp trick, AfterMarket Ram-Air, after market exhaust.

After 15 minutes, the Trans Am came back. And a few minutes after that, they sent one of there guys, whom we call "The Groper" over with a lame excuse off.

"He said he wasnt all on the throttel."

This gets kinda interesting. We the mustang gang ponder over that statement. Why would a F-Body GM man, not run Wide Open against a Rival Ford. Especially infront of all his guys, and the Mustang Guys.

Then after a few minutes, the Groper comes back saying. "It hung in First gear, wouldnt hit second." We laughed and asked how he could run a quarter mile in First gear the whole Time and not hit the Rev limiter. We wondered about the validity of that statement.

Then once again the story changed as the Groper came back and ANOTHER TIME gave a diffrent reason.

"Chad says it wouldnt get out of second gear."

"Thats funny, how could it be stuck in first and second at the same time and still be accerlerating foward?" Tim C asked with a chuckle.

After several more minutes he returned and said Chad wanted to run again. So many cops had rode by buy that time that TIM C didnt want to chance it. Tim C told the Groper to tell Chad "I'll get him again on the street one of these nights."

For not getting on it, the Bird (Along with Tim C) spun at the start, and for not getting on it, the Bird chirped a pretty mean second (It was an auto) gear, and for not running wide open and getting stuck in second, it hung in third for an awfull long time.

Tim C also had a heavy passenger, the Bird had only one person in it, he was a light wieght.

The guy got his A$$ handed to him and didnt want to admit defeat. He drove off real ticked.

I raced this same guy about 7 months ago, and we were dead even till I missed third Gear (Before I had the Steeda Tri-Ax).

Yep Tim C did us proud tonight. Good Job man. I knew you could shift clean and fast.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.

Last edited by Mercury; 11-18-2001 at 03:32 AM..
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 02:17 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default A picture for you all.

Here's a pic of Tim C's Stang. Sweet ride I think. Its bark is everybit as bad as its bite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apr20$40.jpg (101.2 KB, 137 views)

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 11-18-2001, 07:54 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

another good one merc tim c has a great looking ride, score one for the so called weak 4.6 engine,hehe bye bye fartbird, an auto stuck in 2 different gears haha thats a good excuse i may have to use that one, hehe see ya .

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 11:36 AM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Not Possible

Actually, I'll have to agree with the Fbody guys.

#1 The LS1 cannot be beaten period.

#2 The LS1 cannot possibly be beaten by a near stock Mustang, regardless of type.

#3 If you find yourself ahead of an LS1
A He's not racing
B He's parked
C He's backing up
D He's just toying with you

#4 If your race shut down anywhere before the LS1 tops out, it was a pussy race, and therefore it is to be considered null and void.

#5 Any race with an LS1 cannot be counted if it did not start at above 50mph, and must also be subject to the topping out of the LS1

#6 The LS1 never tops out, it accelerates forever, therefore any victory against the machine would have been null and false, since the LS1 is still acclerating.

#7 An LS1 is deemed to have won the race if it's license plate bracket at any time eclipses the front of your vehicle, so regardless of what happens after that, the LS1 is considered the victor.

#8 If you still feel that you may have, cough* beaten an LS1, please refer to numbers 1, 2, 3, 6. And read closely 4, 5, and 7.

Thanks!

BTW, I love to see the LS1 go down.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 12:21 PM   #5
bri32z
street racing junkie

Talking

Man that is cool. Love it when that happens
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 01:16 PM   #6
Tim C
Registered Member

Damn, Mercury, you beat me to posting this. Oh, well, you can tell it better than me, since I was all excited, and didnt really know what happened untill I pulled back in and you guys were cheering. By the way, I know we had gone alittle farther than a 1/4 because when I let off, I looked down and saw 115MPH, and you said I let off first.

Tim C
Tim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 01:20 PM   #7
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Unit, thats just to much man.

Unit, I got a good chuckle out of that. Something I noticed after I actually started talking to LS-1 people, for the most part there not as bad as we make them out.

Its the GM people who dont own/drive an LS-1 powered F-Body that swears they cant be beaten. There the ones that give those who do Drive LS-1's a bad rap.

Tell an LS-1 owner you beat another LS-1, they usually say "Damn, watcha got?" and dont dwell on it.

Tell a GM guy that DOESNT Own/Drive and LS-1 and its like. "No man, you couldnt. You must have boost or you sprayed him. Theres NO WAY you can beat that guy. He beat my uncles, cousins, nephews, nieghbors boyfriends, 504 BB Chevy Rat Motor that was in a 69 Camaro. And he runs NEGATIVE 3's. And the LS-1's stock man."

That guy Tim C beat is one of the few Jerks thats out there. Last weekend when me and Tim C finally broke down and talked to the Fire Bird people we found they were actually cool and had alot of respect for the 99+ stangs, both Cobras and the GT's.

We mixed it up alittle bit with them on our way to the hangout last weekend (No serouis side by side, just Cat and Mouse kinda stuff) and they were surprised that our cars were relatively stock and thought we were down playing our mods.

We actually taught one another alot about each others Manufactuer, they told us about the "Mystical, Magical LS-1" and gave us some specs like gear ratios, weights, options, tranny specs. We told them about our "Little" 281's.

One of the first things they said to us when we walked over was. "Hey guys, I thought those 4.6's were SUPPOSED to be WEAK." Shortly followed by "You all's rides arent stock are they?"

They were surprised they couldnt catch us or gain on us during our Cat and Mouse and Follow the Leader street plays.
Old 11-18-2001, 01:51 PM   #8
bri32z
street racing junkie

There is a guy at my work that says his GMC stock pickup will smoke my stang because it is a non-Ford product. And he is serious too. He says ALL Fords will loose to any GM product. He is willing to put money on it. I told him he must be smoking some serious crack laced with pcp to think he will when. Some people are real hard headed and learn the hard way.
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 03:48 PM   #9
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Good Kill, Tim C! Try to race him again so there will be no excuses to why he lost.
Old 11-18-2001, 09:11 PM   #10
Tim C
Registered Member

Smile

I seriously intend to run him if I see him on the street again. The only reason I didnt run him again right away, was because the area where we hang out is frequented by cops, and it could have been considered prearranged drag racing, causing me to loose both my car and license. But... if I see him again on the street...

Ive never been really scared of LS1s especially after me and Mercury both blistered a Firebird Formula not too long after we both got our cars. (He posted that one too, but it was about a year ago.) Plus around here the stock Z28 (not SS) and Firebirds run 13.6-13.9 to the stock GTs 13.9-14.3. Half a second isnt much on the steet, where anything can happen.

This guy had it coming. Mercury said he hopped in his car and took off after me. I went down two lights from the "spot", getting all on it, turned right, and made a u-turn on the side street to go back after showing off the gears. While sitting at the light waiting to turn left, I noticed the Firebird with his right turn signal on. He turned right after his light changed, reved as he passed me, whipped a u-turn of his own, and got behind me. When our light turned, I pulled out normally, not trying to provoke him. He pulled into the center lane (there were three each way) while I was in the far left lane and he gunned it. I pushed it to the floor in third, and he sort of walked away. The light ahead turned yellow. My passenger yelled "Oh, Sh*t!!" The Firebird driver started downshifting his auto. I began downshifting, just before I stopped I crammed it into first. We both stopped completely. The light turned green, I sidestepped the clutch. We both spun. I had the jump (half a fender). I chirped second and he pulled even, and then he chirped second (even though it was stuck in first). I started to pull away slowly. I remember him not being visible directly beside me when I glanced over in 4th gear. The light up ahead was red, so I waited till the last second and started slowing down. Mercury said I was still pulling until I let off. Just after I let off, he did, and still had time to pull into the left turn lane behind me (cutting over two lanes), to follow me to the parking lot.

I guess the LS1s are powerful if he was able to stay with his nose by my door handle as Mercury said, with a transmission locked in two gears, half throttle, over 1/4 mile . By the way Mercury, I measured the distance between those stoplights today. It measured between .3 and .4 miles (1/4mile = .25).

Tim C
Old 11-19-2001, 02:38 AM   #11
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Good kill, it's all about the driver.
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 04:28 AM   #12
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

yep, i heard quite a few excuses before, like that supra driver i posted a while back, we slowed to 20mph, he crammed it into 1st (my buddy) we rode like that forever, just jumping, and hopping, finally nailed it, and put like 5 bus lengths on him, and he said he was trying to downshift, i was like how long does it take? but that supra rode close to my friends 347 coupe up around 100 mph, of course we let him catch up....oh theres an excuse.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 11:18 AM   #13
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Talking

* LS1 guy walks back over*...."Uh, his hand slipped in the 1st to 2nd shift and he racked himself. How's that one?"

LOOSERS!!!! Good run Tim C! Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2001, 12:02 PM   #14
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

nice kill!

hek, if someone is going to go through the trouble of following you to get a race, they could at least take the loss like a man. c'mon it's just a race. this hobby is supposed to be fun right. why do people get so pissed when they lose. just go buy more mods and practice!
Old 11-19-2001, 12:09 PM   #15
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Gonzo, that is one sweet looking TA you have there man. There's a 98 Ram Air TA that comes looks similar to that soetimes hangs out with us.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:52 AM   #16
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

gonzo, that is a nice car no doubt,

looks like my aunts a4 01 t/a, man i'll tell ya those a4's are not dogs like the aod mustangs, sorry, c4 guys...no pun intended.
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 07:36 AM   #17
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

thanks for the compliments guys!
Old 11-25-2001, 12:07 PM   #18
black281
Registered Member

Good kill Tim C. By the way for those of you with the 4.10's I have a couple of questions. Are still driving on street tires? If so is there any serious traction issues? What is the new top speed for your car with the lower gearing? The reason I'm asking is because I'm just curious since I have a set sitting in my room waiting to be installed.
Steeda Underdrives and T/A
Steeda Subframe Connectors
Nitto Drags 275/40
black281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 03:17 PM   #19
Tim C
Registered Member

With my 4.10s, I'm still running street tires (Kelly Charger HPs, not Z rated). I sometimes get a little loose after 5500 RPM in first, but not everytime, and its not bad enough to cause traction control to kick in. These tires seem to grip better than the Goodyear Eagle FS1s i used to run. I got these because dad works at the Kelly-Springfield Tire plant here in town, and I get his discount. Im still running stock 245/45 17s now but when i get new ones, they'll probably be 275/40 in the rear, but the same brand because these seem to be the best tire ive run yet for traction, and i've gone through several sets. With the gears you have to be allittle careful on the launch and the 1-2 shift, but its easy to get used to. Driving in the rain however is a major pain in the ***, cause 1st, 2nd, and sometimes 3rd are tricky if the roads are soaked. I havent tried top speed yet, but the other day, i had it at 130 (well into 5th), and still pulling. Im using the abbot ERA to fix the speedometer because the 4.10s throw it off 25% (55mph=70 on the speedo) at 81 mph i'm now running 3000 RPM. And I cross the 1/4 at about 3/4 through 4th instead of the top of third like before.
Tim
Old 11-25-2001, 04:04 PM   #20
black281
Registered Member

Thanks for the run down about the gears. You answered just about everything I needed to know.
Steeda Underdrives and T/A
Steeda Subframe Connectors
Nitto Drags 275/40
black281 is offline   Reply With Quote