MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-25-2001, 12:36 AM   #21
66 Racer
Registered Member

The definition of street racing is is something like "engaging in a compitition of speed against another car or clock" somthing like that, basically anything that looks like any kind or sort of race.

I was lucky enough, in a way, to have a cop nice enough (if thats possible) to just let me go with a speeding ticket, doing 70 in a 35, he said i was probably doing aroound 90 though, it was a 4 lane industrial street though at liek 10 or so.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:35 PM   #22
crumbie

Update...
My fellow "drag racer" talked to a lawyer this morning and he advised us to try to do PTI (community service) work...The only catch is that the officer has to agree to it, since the charges would be dropped against us...If he doesn't agree, then the lawyer said the maximum fines are:

1. 1 year license suspension
2. 3 year insurance hike (basically as having a dui)
3. 6 pts.
4. $600 fine
5. 2-4 months jail time (although I think this is for extreme cases)

These are if the judge has no mercy on our case...We're going to try and sign up for PTI this week and I'll let you know if the cop goes along with it...

My advice for anyone who thinks of street racing is to read the above fines again and think twice...Also, as in our case, if lined up at a light beside another mustang, just sit there until the other stang leaves so you can't be blamed for racing