MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-24-2001, 04:20 AM   #1
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Default Street races tonight

My friend and i went to a different spot, about 40 miles from us, (cops are getting bad here) to have a change of scenery, well my buddies 85 coupe has a killer sound to it, noone really wanted to race him, finally an A4 formula ls1 grew some nuts and said he'd run, but only from a roll, since my budd was on e.t.s, well, they went from about a 40 mph roll, but my buddy broke something again in the rear, one side saggs, and it feels real loose, dont know whats the deal? he was putting on a show, burning out for everyone earlier, i told him he was gonna break something, so the formula took a victory....well i guess

Now this is where it gets good, i got challenged from a kid in an 88 gta 5.7, with a shift kit, and a stall, nothing major, we went on the 3rd honk, he pulled me, while i spun, finally i hooked up and walked him about a car, and shut down about 90, lol he said he heard my t-5 shift into 3rd, and heard my motor "breathing" hard, and he said he knew it was over, a real cool dude.

As we stood bye watching ricers burnout, and showoff there neon lights and fast and furious, wings and stickers, i see a nice black 95 svt cobra drive in, he parked bye us, and i told one of his friends i wanted to run him, about an hr later, i hear him say "hey white coupe, lets go" so we went, i honked twice then we were off spinning trough 1st, then we hooked, and i pulled him hard, harder than the gta, im sad to say, all the way up to 120 i had about 2 cars on him.

So we park, and my buddy is like "hell yea!" the guy was kinda cocky, and said, i wasnt ready, you honked too quick, so then i said lets go again, so this time i let him have the jump, and it was dead even through 1st, 2nd chirped i jumped him hard, 3rd chirped tires, and i was pulling harder to about a 100 i hit my hazards, i had about a car on him.

The cobra had an x-pipe amerthndr catback, and stock gears, he shook my hand, but was kinda a dick, the guy in the gta said he is buying a mustang a soon as he can, and he was cooler than the cobra guy, the 2nd time he said good run, and i got only 1 car on him, i was thinking yea, i let you go first, lol, but i hate to admit, but that cobra wasnt that fast i had a blast

Btw, the cobra did cool burnouts, everyone in the parking lot was asking me if i had a blower? wtf? do i have a freak car?
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 02:25 PM   #2
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Good Kill!!! A '88 GTA and a '95 Mustang Cobra all in the same night, SWEET!