MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #1
BtownPony
Registered Member

Default Pony Down! Need Help!

Hello all -
I'm hoping I may be able to receive some form of help from anyone who may have ever been in my spot --
Last Thursday I spun my Mustang into a guardrail while avoiding another vehicle on the worst hill/corner in town. (Pretty good job, all things considered) --
Speed was not a factor, but after I had cheated to the right to avoid the car, I had to come hard left to get back on the pavement, in a laft-hand corner, and I had already started to lose the a**-end in the gravel on the side of the road.
Long story short; I was now going down a hill, hard left, now having lost the back-end, and swung (with a whole lotta momentum) intothe guardrail on the opposite side of the road. IOW, the passenger side took the hit. My major question;

My Mustang is a 1992, mint, with 27,000 original miles on it. Body, engine, wheels - everything was flawless until last Thursday. Now, obviously, the passenger side is beat to hell, but I truly believe the car can be "brought back". I don't know how to talk to insurance adjusters, and my worry, and what everyone is telling me, is that my insurance guy is gonna take one look at the car, one look at the fact that the Blue Book on a '92 Stang is less than $4k, and Total it, leaving me screwed with a car loan, and no chance of getting the car repaired.

Also, please excuse my ignorance when it comes to these matters -- I bought the Mustang from my neighbor in March and have kept it as meticulous as he and the original owner did, but am new to the game when it comes to owning a 13+ year old car that has been covered and garaged its whole life and has ridiculously low mileage. And worst of all -- I Love This Mustang.

Anyone oout there have any advice or thoughts they wouldn't mind sharing?
Again - Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

Much appreciation -
JMS
"jon.shisler@gmail.com"
BtownPony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: