MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2001, 08:23 PM   #1
exgmguy
Registered Member

Default Winter mods and a spring challenge

First off I want a 10 second slip more than anything. I went to the track around a month or so ago and got my 11.3 @ 125. My 60 ft was a low 1.7.

So far I have removed my interior, used a torch to "heat and peel" all that rubber mat that is glued to the sheelmetal, and taken every peice of insulation and dead weight out.

I also have my 6 point cage mocked up and just needs to be welded in. I will only get away with telling the track officials I run 12's for so long.

Of course I am keeping my 12SECGT plate to keep my pony on a steady diet of GTS Vipers.

I hope to get opinions about parts changes.

I have a 65 mm throttle body, with a C&L 73, attached to a panel K&N. What about a larger t.b., and a larger meter?

I also have equal length shorties. Maybe long tubes?

And my E-cam. Perhaps a different grind better suited to my Holley intake and ported TFS heads?

Lastly, injector size. I currently run 24's and make 309 rwhp on motor. But on spray I am a little lean up top. My fuel pressure is steady, but my plugs are pure white. They are Champion RCY9C's. I was thinking of going to 30's.

And for the challenge. A friends car that he just bought. He has no idea what it will run, but we played for a gear on the street and I pulled him a little. It was too little of a run to tell.

He has a 93 LX with a carbed 396 stroker, Dart Windsor sr heads, Super Victor, solid roller, Demon carb, with a race prepped C4 with 3.73's out back. We both will be running on 10.5x28x15 ET streets. So I have to get into a 10 to seal this one up. The previous owner said he went mid 11's @ 120 something his one and only pass at the track.

1989 Mustang notchback
Warmed up 306 with a Procharger.
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote