MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-25-2001, 01:27 AM   #1
13sec95vert
Registered Member

Post dakota r/t gets totalled right infront of me

i was just cruisin down a street near my house when this dakota r/t pulls up next to me and starts reving his engine. he asked me if i wanted to race but theres always a bunch of cops on this road so i said no. when the light turned green he took off and i just creeped out he must have been doing at least 100 mph when another car pulled out from a parking lot and he t- boned it with out even slowing down the r/t went up the curb and into the parking lot and the other car flew about 20 feet across the road and there were cops and ambulances everywhere within 2 minutes this all just happened about 5 minutes ago. the screwed up thing is that i met the guy like an hour earlier at taco bell and we talked about cars and he told me that he just got a ticket for doing 105 in a 45. i dont even know if he lived through it or any of the other 3 people he had in the truck or the guy driving the other car lived.

------------------
1995 gt convertible:
3.55 gears, underdrive pulleys, cobra intake , fenderwell cold air, 65mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, off-road h pipe, borla cat back, 155lph fuel pump, yokohama a520(drag radials) 275s, 5 speed conversion with t-5 and all ford racing parts a ram clutch and a dino tuned diablo chip done at strictly performance in houston
13sec95vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 01:45 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Man people like that Just plain suck. Those kind of people dont need to be racing on the streets. What kinda person races with that many people in his own vehicle, putting all there lives at risk.

I hope there all okay, especially the people he T-boned. Let us know if you hear anything about there condition.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 10:57 AM   #3
moosejaw
Registered Member

Hopefully no one tries to put you at scene saying you were racing even though you were not. This is a perfect setup for the unreliable witness. "Uh yeah, I saw him an this Mustang revvin at the light, then he took off."

If it was me I would have kept going also. Just being there would imply guilt to many of our "guilty, because you were there" citizens.

Hats off to your NO RACE decision. I admire your discipline. (thats not a deadly sin is it?)

Mike

------------------
Live near St.Louis?
Check out Mustang Muscle and Dyno in High Ridge, MO
Check out my ride.
moosejaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #4
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

That was definately a smart decision not to race him, probably saved you jail time. Also a smart decision to keep going just because of the unreliable witness as moosejaw stated, sure you could've helped out but then again you probably would've ended up in jail. Maybe I'm sefish thinking about saving myself in a situation like that rather than trying to save another life, but if I'm innocent and there are other people around that can help, I'd just keep going too!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 01:55 PM   #5
aurilius_maximus
Registered Member

God that is absolutely terrible. Once again if you hear what happened to the people involved in the accident give us a post. That was seriously a smart decision not to race... I am glad you posted this, just a good reminder, saftey first.

Old 05-25-2001, 06:21 PM   #6
13sec95vert
Registered Member

im going to try and find out if everybody was ok. I drove back by in my dads truck after i posted the message and life flight was just taking off and they had to tear the car apart with the jaws of life. I saw the driver of the r/t standing up near an ambulance talking to the parametics. it looked like he had a some cuts and scratches but he was ok. i dont know about any of the other people but ill try to find out and let you know
Old 05-25-2001, 07:12 PM   #7
Fostang
Registered Member

That would totally suck if nothing happened to the driver but the other person's were seriously injured. Most of the time the wrong person gets hurt and the one that caused the accident goes on to do again. Some people never learn. What was he doing driving like with so many people in the truck???

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 07:45 PM   #8
Rev
Registered Member

I'm gonna look for it in the Houston Chronicle in the morning. Bet there will be something about it. Not to take responsibility from the speeding Dakota, but it does take some lack of attention to pull directly into the path of a 100 mph vehicle. Did they just not look or fail to estimate the speed of the Dakota? I can't imagine that I would pull out in front of that 100 mph Dakota.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 01:17 AM   #9
13sec95vert
Registered Member

Angry

i did what i could to find out what happened to everybody involved. The lady driving the car died from brain damage and the guy driving the r/t is in jail. I think the woman driving the car just wasnt paying attention. I couldnt find out about anybody else but i might be in trouble for fleeing the scene of an accident or something like that. I know their going to try and say that i was racing him and if that happens im going to be pissed.
Old 05-26-2001, 01:39 AM   #10
Wes89GT
Registered Member

that's pretty shitty man, when innocent people gotta die... hope they don't try and pin sumthin on you....
Wes89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 01:41 AM   #11
Wes89GT
Registered Member

that's pretty shitty man, when innocent people gotta die... hope they don't try and pin sumthin on you....
Old 05-26-2001, 01:46 AM   #12
Wes89GT
Registered Member

Old 05-26-2001, 03:44 AM   #13
moosejaw
Registered Member

Thinkin' about it I always buckle up when I'm in a car or truck except when I'm in the middle seat. I can never get those belts to line or up or even find them. Some people have messy cars.

I'll bet the middle passenger got hurt pretty good too.

You said you met him at Taco H*ll earlier so he probably wasn't drinking. But that 105/45 is not going to help at all. But they probably won't find that till he goes to trial.

If what you say is true (I believe you) then you should have no "leaving scene" concerns. If they need your eye witness testimony it can be given after the fact. If they think another vehicle was involved (i.e. you) you will probably hear about it on the evening news. Otherwise, you will be a very d*mning witness at this guy's trial.

He sure does have purty(pretty) lips, don't he?

Mike

[This message has been edited by moosejaw (edited 05-26-2001).]
moosejaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 12:45 PM   #14
aurilius_maximus
Registered Member

13sec95vert, I would say you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If your story is correct you were simply driving, and your being there was just a matter of circumstances. Its a terrible thing though... Sad thing is, I know that I have been guilty of being stupid and racing in non-appropriate places, could have easily happened to me. A very good wake up call...
aurilius_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 12:50 PM   #15
aurilius_maximus
Registered Member

13sec95vert, I would say you have absolutely nothing to worry about. If your story is correct you were simply driving, and your being there was just a matter of circumstances. Its a terrible thing though... Sad thing is, I know that I have been guilty of being stupid and racing in non-appropriate places, could have easily happened to me. A very good wake up call...
aurilius_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2001, 01:23 PM   #16
13sec95vert
Registered Member

everybody except the woman driving the car was ok with minor injuries. the guy driving the truck wasnt drunk i dont think ill be in any trouble i might just have to write out a testimony. now that i think about it if i was racing him i probably wouldnt have seen the wreck because i would have been too far in front of him. Thats another reason i didnt race because those dakotas dont even give me a race. I dont think hell be in too much trouble because it was both of their fault. Him for speeding and her for not paying attention and pulling out in front of him.

------------------
1995 gt convertible:
3.55 gears, underdrive pulleys, cobra intake , fenderwell cold air, 65mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, off-road h pipe, borla cat back, 155lph fuel pump, yokohama a520(drag radials) 275s, 5 speed conversion with t-5 and all ford racing parts a ram clutch and a dino tuned diablo chip done at strictly performance in houston
Old 05-27-2001, 01:43 PM   #17
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 13sec95vert:
I dont think hell be in too much trouble because it was both of their fault. Him for speeding and her for not paying attention and pulling out in front of him.

Nope, he's F*cked. He was doing something illegal, and in the process someone was killed. That's involuntary manslaughter, and he'll see AT LEAST 5-10 years in jail if convicted. It' doesnt matter that she was partly to blame.
This young man near my area was street racing and a little kid ran out into the street. The guy hit him, killing him. The kid was convicted, and is in jail for the REST OF HIS LIFE. If you're street racing and something bad happens, you're screwed.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Pulleys, mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 02:39 PM   #18
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Exclamation

I really doubt they'll go for involuntary manslaughter.

More likely vehicular homicide.

Since both parties were being illegal (reckless driving, failure to yield), and both were in a car going for the actual 3rd degree charge is unlikely. In the case of hitting a pedestrian, they bend the rules to make your car into a deadly weapon so they can satisfy the public's outrage. Of course in that case, the public could be asking why in the hell did the kid run out into traffic in the first place? Best blame somebody not responsible for the lesson's taught to the child, because he didn't get hurt, right? **** that! It wasn't the drivers fault the kid ran into the street. Who's fault was that? Was it the child's? Was it his parent's? Was it the school, or the church, or his friend's, or his friend's parent's?

In the case of the kid getting hit and dying in CA, it's a shame. In my personal opinion, making the driver out to be 100% responsible, or really 1% responsible is hard for me to do. Busting him for a general offense, like reckless driving, reckless endangerment, speeding, etc is perfectly acceptable. The kid shouldn't be running out into moving traffic. Would the kid have lived if he would have run infront of the car when it was doing 40mph? I just don't understand the direct linking of blame do a non-direct illegal action of a driver. Now had the driver veered off and killed the child it would be completely different. In that case the driver's speed could be directly associated with the death.

In the case of the Dakota, the same as above is fine with me. I think he should get the legitimate book thrown at him. Honestly, making him out to be a murderer is stupid. He's a moron for sure, but you know, I've done the exact same. I'm sure sometime I've done 100 in a 45 somewhere. It takes all of 14sec for my car to hit that speed from a dead stop. Well under 10 from a hiway roll. How many of us have noted really dumb speed limits before? I have very little pity for people that do not watch what they are doing on the roads. How many times had that lady pulled out in front of other people causing panic situations and/or accidents? As brutal as it may sound, had she lived I would have liked to see her charged with failure to yield, careless driving, and reckless endangerment. Just because somebody get's hurt, or the worst of it, doens't let them off in my book.

How many times have you or I been speeding along and some j-rod pulls out in front of you, not even checking the passing lane in case you were coming? You slam on your brakes and wonder, if you had hit that guy, would you have had the book thrown at you?

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of the Joe Schmoe deciding to get outraged and rile up another whole group of people trying to figure out a way to let themselves, and the rest of the no attention paying Corolla driving zombies (no offense to Corolla drivers, just ramdom choice of economobile) off the hook when they get hit because they weren't paying attention.

It's completely understandable that people within a society do and should have the right to decide what is acceptable in public places such as roads, but when the interest of a few big-mouthed, get everybody riled up about people who actually enjoy life losers use their collective power to attempt to represent the greater populations interest, it really pisses me off. What you really get is the far right wing, who feel that they have the right to dictate everything in society because they have the notion that they are such self-rightous individual's everybody should live the way they do. I'm sorry, but I really don't think everybody in this country really wants to have a beige house, drive a Toyota Corolla, have 3 kids, a CR-V, eat only white meat, mow their laws with Honda Harmony's, own high efficiency toilets, go to church 3 times a week, and get their enjoyment from family sing-a-longs.

It's getting to the point now where it's becoming the trend. A small group of self-righteous feeling people with big mouths are dictating that you cannot spank your children, you cannot send them to bed with no dinner, you cannot snowmobile here or there, no jet skies, big wake zones, no fishing, no camping, no speeding (cause if you do we'll lock you up and throw away the key when some idiot who's not watching the road pulls out in front of you gets killed), no this, no that, better do this, or you better have that are controlling what we can and cannot do.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 02:46 PM   #19
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Unit, I always knew you were cool. Very well spoken.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 06:19 PM   #20
StangDan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302:
own high efficiency toilets
Hate to break the seriousness of these posts but Unit this quote really made me lmao.

As for the rest of your post, I could not have put it in any better words myself

StangDan is offline   Reply With Quote