MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-29-2001, 10:04 AM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default I finnaly won a race!!!, and got smoked at the same time

Ok I was out crusin last night. I was stoped in a parking lot talking to one of my friends(1986 Z-28, build 350). Anyway this guy in a green Ranger pulls up and I'm like "Who's that".

"Oh just some idiot that wants to race me "

"What's he got"

"four banger, auto"

So I take off after him in hot persuit, I get beside him doing a little over 30 in second, he nails it and I hammer it in 1st(thanks for the tip unit). I started slowly pulling on him and had him buy 3/4 of a car at 55-60(speed limit 40).

Now the funny part, so me and this little Ranger are racing, giving it all we have and my friend with the Z-28 cruises up beside us at part throdel and nails it. He goes flyin past us like we're in reverse. He said he just had to put everything in perspective for us, LOL.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 10:27 AM   #2
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Default Re: I finnaly won a race!!!, and got smoked at the same time

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
He goes flyin past us like we're in reverse. He said he just had to put everything in perspective for us, LOL.
LOL

NewEngland Auto www.baystategearheads.com
-91 Mustang Coupe, ex 4cyl (sold)
-99 F150, 3" lift, 35" Procomps, Magnaflow exhaust
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 02:26 PM   #3
SuperchargedRex
Registered Member

Always remember, there will always be some nut that's faster than you.
Old 12-29-2001, 02:47 PM   #4
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Default reminds me of myself...lol

hahaha LOL...that's awesome...that's somethign that would happen to me in my slow stang...that reminds me of last night...my girlfriend stephanie and I went over to a good friend of mines house, Mike...He has this awesome 87 Berlinetta camaro...with a 350 in it...it only has one tailpipe comming out from the back, some idiots think it's a v6.lol neways my friend John has a volvo turbocharged and it's a lil' faster than my stang...(not for long tho ) but we pull up at a light the camaro (me and steff are in mikes car, and john has his friend matt in the volvo)...mike goes not even half throttle just taunting the volvo while the volvo gives it all he's got...as soon as the turbo kicked in mike Punched it and we were goin 40 and the tires are still spinning like crazy (he didnt' have the slicks on yet) he pulled ahead by like 7 cars ...we were at like 80 mph when we slowed down, due to a cop and a red light...lol fun times...
Old 12-29-2001, 07:18 PM   #5
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Shift into 2nd once you hit 40. You'll be able to keep your little run going to 45. The older 350 Camaro's will be neck and neck with you from 35-45. Trust me, heheh. It drives them nuts, lol.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 10:22 PM   #6
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

When are you going to drop in a 351 Windsor and show that Camaro you can't "F" with us?
Old 12-30-2001, 01:59 AM   #7
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

When are you going to drop in a 351 Windsor and show that Camaro you can't "F" with us?

lol...I wish man...I'm only 16!!!....then again so is he, and he's got a 13 second camaro...(bought it off his bro.) it's actually his second...he had a 90 IROC...as soon as I caught up to speed with him he just switches and buys his bros. car!!! (he's not spoiled either...he worked and paid it off. of course the money from the Iroc helped...He's hella cool tho. as for the 351...I wish...i'm trying to beef up the 302, maybe a very good stall converter here, longtube headers there, and a cat-back over there... w/e I can afford ; } Of course with my huge *** paychecks at Toys R' Us..HOW CAN I NOT AFFORD THIS STUFF!!! j/p
Old 12-30-2001, 02:55 PM   #8
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Nice job burner......you should take your Stang to the track and get some times....we'll see if you compare to some of the rice....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 06:16 PM   #9
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I would take it to the track, but they don't have a sun dial

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote