MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-22-2001, 03:55 AM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Unhappy Odessa TX camaro capitol of the world??

In Odessa every teenager has a new z-28 or SS, and every redneck has a 68' camaro with a monster big block. I am not in friendly territory. At the drag strip I will be out numbered 3 to 1 and on the street even worse than that. So knowing that you have to pose the question how will I survive in the land of the bowtie. There are two paths i can follow. I can buy sugar in bulk and poison them all slowly.(lol)or i can dump a butt load of time and money in my car so i can compete with 454cubic inches. Well i am still considering both options,but there is some good news I am almost track ready and if i do get waxed by all the chevys. I can always go and pick on the ricers.YES!!!

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 10:42 AM   #2
PGkelly
Registered Member

Karo syrup works a lot better than sugar

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 02:54 AM   #3
StreetStang37
Registered Member

If you think that's bad, you should come over here. I feel as if there is no such thing as an LT1 Camaro, only SS LS1 Camaro's, out numbering the LS1 Z28 by 2-1. Everybody and they're mom has an SS. They even seem to out number the 6cyl. The 5.0 Mustang is a rare species here, about 1/2 that I do see are driven by older women (not that that's bad, just not very likely to race).

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, 3.73 Gears, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. mandrel bent cat back, High Flow H-Pipe, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 03:49 PM   #4
84stangLX

You guys are lucky....ALL we have hear near south seattle are ricers. MY friend even wants to buy an acura (i'll give him a bag of rice for his birthday), and i can't convince him otherwise. My car isn't that fast, but all my friends who like rice think my car is REALLY fast...which it is compared to the junk they want to buy. I'd gladly race a chevy over a honda or acura anyday, no matter how many times i get spanked...at least camaros sound nice usually.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 T5, FMS aluminum radiator & 180* t-stat, 1 5/8 shortys/2.5" duals, '88 GT tail lights and wheels, Holley 4160 4 BBL, FMS smog pump idler
Old 04-25-2001, 10:40 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Yeah man i hear you, ricers live in a dream world. What gets on my nerves is the people that are driving non si civics toyota tercels and honda accords. What the hell are they thinking everything that they do is cosmetic, bodykits and decals DO NOT ADD HORSEPOWER. A loud fart pipe does not transform an econo car into a sports car, and most important of all painting your engine parts does not alter there performance. I have alot of respect for true sports cars import or other wise, but there are alot of ricers that just dont get it.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote