MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-15-2002, 02:02 AM   #1
CausingHavok
Registered Member

Talking confirmed kills

I had a great saturday night at the sreet races here in houston. When I first showed up at around 9 p.m. there was only a couple of 80s gm cars. So my first race was a late 80s early 90s z28 and even though the flagger caught me off gaurd and gave him about 3 or 4 lengths i still caught up and pulled a few more on him. The second race was the most one sided of the night. it was an 80s trans-am and i beat him by like 15 carlengths or something he was to far behind for me to tell. Around 10:30 the cars just never stopped coming, there was anywhere from 100-200 cars there until 12:30 when the coppers finally showed up. during this time i beat a 95 gt with a small cam and some other mods by about 1 length and he wanted to give me a headstart. I also beat a turbo talon that i had to race twice cause the first time he pulled out two lengths off the start then thought he won so he stopped(gotta hate that all wheel drive) the second time we raced all the way down and I caught him and pulled another length. Next I raced a 96 gt mustang stock except the 3.73s out back. i set him out a length and came by him for the win. next i beat an early 90s celica with a turbo it was pretty close. Then we took off cause the cops showed up and this maxima with this really loud blow off valve and turbo kept on trying to race me on the freeway on the way home. we started at about 60 mph and he pulled about 1 length once we got up to about 100 mph and i backed down but i wasnt happy so i got him to get on the feeder and do a stop light race. i beat him pretty bad that time. when i finally got home my friend was waiting for me in his 93 lx coupe which he claims is "stock" but ive gotten a few of his secrets out of him like 4.10 gears and a tremic 5speed with a king cobra clutch and an off road h- pipe with flowmasters. (who knows what else he has). He is the best driver ive ever seen and we had been itchin to race for a while. so again i start my stang up and we went out to a desolate road we were both used to and raced 3 times. The first time from a dead stop we both raced our best and off the start he pulled maybe a length and a half but by the end of the race he was about a bumper in front of me. Then we raced from a rolling 20 and i pulled about a half length on him by 100mph the third time we were mainiacs wanting to win. Niether one of us had been in races so close so we did a dead stop race again and again he pulled about a length off the start but by the end of the race we were looking at each other side by side at over 100mph. That had to be the biggest rush in the world. So we still didnt settle our "who is faster" dispute. but i had a fun night and this is getting kind of long so ill update u guys when we settle this once and for all.
Black 1995 mustang 5.0 convertible: Black leather interior, mach 460 sound system, tremic 5 speed, ram clutch, cobra intake, 65mm throttle body, fenderwell cold air induction, 77mm mass air, underdrive pullies, 3..55/1 gear ratio, dino tuned diablosport chip, 24 lb fuel injecters, 190 lph fuel pump. off road h pipe, borla catback, subframe connecters yokohama a520 275/40/17zr (back) a520 255/45/17zzr (front)
CausingHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 02:19 AM   #2
faststang90
Registered Member

Talking

WHERE WERE U RACING AT MY HAVE TO COME OUT .
faststang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 02:50 AM   #3
CausingHavok
Registered Member

everybody calls it brittmore because its around brittmore parkway to get there from baytown just go I10 west past houston until u hit beltway 8 go north until u hit west little york and take a left and its ur first right but you should go to the light and take that right and then turn right again a couple streets down so u dont hold up the races if you go on a saturday night at around 10 u should run into a couple of parking lots full of cars like imports, bikes, street stompers to all out trailor cars. oh yeah when the cops show up they never really bust anybody, one or two cop cars just pull up and sit there until everybody leaves unless someone provokes them. and there are two different close by spots that everyone goes to when it gets busted. i go every saturday so just look for my car and ill show you around.
Black 1995 mustang 5.0 convertible: Black leather interior, mach 460 sound system, tremic 5 speed, ram clutch, cobra intake, 65mm throttle body, fenderwell cold air induction, 77mm mass air, underdrive pullies, 3..55/1 gear ratio, dino tuned diablosport chip, 24 lb fuel injecters, 190 lph fuel pump. off road h pipe, borla catback, subframe connecters yokohama a520 275/40/17zr (back) a520 255/45/17zzr (front)
Old 01-15-2002, 03:11 AM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Those sound like some sweet races. It's always cool when a bud's car is like just as fast as yours, and comes down to who gets a better launch, and drives the **** out of their ride.
What kind of RWHP does your setup make?

Also, is that your stang in your little pic under your name, cause it kind of looks like a 94-98v6 vert?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 03:23 AM   #5
CausingHavok
Registered Member

it does look like a v6 in that pic its just the way the rims got cut to look like those stock v-6 rims when i resized the picture when actually they are the optional 17in and the gt emblem also looks like the little horse go look under users rides to get a much much better pic
Old 01-15-2002, 03:28 AM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I tried to look up your stang in users rides but it said there was an error. Oh well, I think the rims you're reffering to were the ones that came stock on my cobra, right?

Also, you didnt say what your RWHP #'s were?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote