MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-28-2001, 07:33 PM   #1
what_import
Registered Member

Question I ran a Ford Lighting and won.....I am pretty sure.

Guys, help me out here? I am a stock 98 GT. This afternoon I was at a light when this grey Lighting pulled up and rev the engine a couple times. So what to do, when the light turned green I went for it(note 1. I did not spin the tires)(note 2 I did not quick shift at all) I had him by a half a car length at 85 mph. I could hear the supercharger very clearly out of my right window, we had to shut down cause of traffic but I think he was gaining and might of taken me had we not needed to slow down. Does this sound right? I was sure that those things were running faster than stock GTs' any thoughts?
what_import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 07:49 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

It wasn't a lighting. He probably stole someone's badges then that whine you heard was the sound of an engine without an air cleaner lol What year lighting?

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 08:39 PM   #3
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Thumbs up

I say good kill!! I killed one a while back and I was just as surprized as you. Although, my Cobra(94) isn't quite stock anymore. I just had the bare nescesities, gears(3.73), cold air intake, E-cam, headers, off road H pipe, and a shifter.
I would have thought that these trucks had more ballz than that. Whatever, a win is a win, right?
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 10:47 PM   #4
1995MGTS
Registered Member

I raced a new Lightning twice at the track a couple of weeks ago. His best run was a 13.7@102 to my 13.4@112. He was on street tires and would take off like, well, lightning. So I would say either you didn't race a new Lightning or he wasn't really racing. I just don't believe a stock 98GT will take a new Lightning, all else being equal.

------------------
FMS/Powerdyne 6psi SC, 73mm maf, 65mm TB, Cobra u/l intake, 24lb inj, 1.7" rockers, GT-40Y aluminum heads, Steeda #19 cam, MAC 1 5/8" long-tubes, MAC 2 1/2" pro-chamber, Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, MAC 2 1/2" chromed exhaust, BBK 255lph fuel pump, FMS aluminum drive shaft, FMS 3.55 gears, and custom chip dyno-tuned by Swanson Performance. 391.0rwhp/377.5 rwtq SAE corrected
1995MGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 03:45 PM   #5
what_import
Registered Member

Cool

If I stated that it was brand new, then I was wrong...But infact it was only, maybe, at tops, 2-3 years old. I know it was a sound of a supercharger do to the fact that a family friend has one and I have witnessed its rath! But thanks for the input guys
what_import is offline   Reply With Quote