MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-14-2001, 11:02 AM   #1
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Post 2nd Day with New Engine and get a challenge.

Geez, go figure I just get most of the bugs out of the new engine and I get a bone stock 84 Vette that wants to race. He figures cuz he has 48 cubes on me he'll win. I just said wait a week or so til I have the engine worked in good (and my ignition, fuel pump, and long tubes on). Anyways, when I pulled out of the gas station where we were talking, he revved his car and it stalled, and sounded all stock. I just left the station with a trail of smoke (only at 2,500 rpm too). Oh well, I guess I'll have my chance to pick on him soon.

Oh yeah, I know this is a stupid question but when I get the nitrous in, should I use it just to show how badly I really can beat him?
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 04:02 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

I would give a hell yeah for nitrous!!! Kill the damn chevy!!!

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 04:28 PM   #3
Godslayer
Registered Member

Should you use the nitrous? Let me tell you a story... . About 9 months ago I got completely stomped by some guy in a 94ish Camaro with a 383. The guy had an easy 4 cars on me by the top of second and was still pulling like a mofo. All of a sudden I see his car squat and some white smoke squirts out the back. So needless to say he pulled away even faster and by the top of third he was a dot in the distance My worst defeat hehe. The funniest thing was that he used his nitrous when he totally didn't need it. I guess he really didn't like Mustangs

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 05:17 PM   #4
slider
Registered Member

Cool

LOL

slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 12:20 AM   #5
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

Okay here's my plan.. I've got 500kms under my belt now, so I'm thinking the engine is getting nicely worked in... I'm gonna borrow my brother's BFG Drag Radials and stomp this guy... Without the bottle first.

Then after I get the control arms in, and the bottle in.. It'll be even more fun, right?
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 06:23 PM   #6
lx mike
Undescribable

race him and just beat him and tell him he has good running car and ask to go again and then use nitrous.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 10:12 PM   #7
rbatson

I think you'll smoke him either way but this might be a good time to get alittle cash back . You could either tell him you want to run for money to start with or you could let him beat you and get his ego up and let him suggest running for money.

Let him beat you bad and then tell him you could beat him if your foot didn't slip(or some other bs).

Otherwise, I'd use all I had.