MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-24-2001, 03:46 PM   #1
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Post Z28 Kill

Well last night was my first night out with my new stroker motor..Man its a beast. The only problem that I had noticed so far is traction. When I launch its squirrly threw first and second. Got just out of town and up came my buddy in his 30th Anniversary Ed. Camero..We slow down to about 10 then we are off I pull quickly bout half a car length..End up winning bout about 1 1/2 car length..Second race--This time starts off at about 50..drop to third and motors sputters awful and camero pulls and keeps pulling..well my problem is my dumbass still have "STOCK" injectors with this motor and stock fuel regulator..so my motor runs out of fuel when i get to my top end...luckily my adjustable fuel reg. and injectors is scheduled to be put on next wednesday..

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, 24lb Bosch Injectors, Cobra Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extude Ported and Polished Upper and Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, High Tolerant Painted Calipers
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 04:15 PM   #2
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

YUP. YOU NEED FUEL...Those 30 Ann. Z's are 13.8 second cars at best. with a 347 you should be running low 12's atleast with good heads and cam.

------------------
Dustin
TFS Street Intakes,TFS TW Heads, TFS #2 cam, Crane 1.6 rr's, Bassani Full lengths,Bassani short X-pipe, American thunder Cat back, 3.55's. More to come...
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote