MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-14-2001, 10:49 AM   #1
cobrayankee
Registered Member

Thumbs up Thunderbird turbo coupe

I was at the light on my street waiting for the green and a primered/body work in progress TC pulled up. Just as he stopped, the light turned and he took off. I tried to follow but spun bad on the wet pavement from an early afternoon rain. He waited for me though and we went again from 40MPH. He just fell back quick. He tried again and same results. As I waited for him this third time, he had his window down and put his arms up in the air and said "Can't do it" with a smile. I guess it's not really a win since we only went from 40 to 70-80MPH, but it was the only time I've run a TC. It sounded nice for just a 4 cylinder though, and the driver was pretty cool.

------------------
1997 Cobra (Black on black), C+L 80mm MAF, K+N filter, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK Springs, Taylor Wires, 2 Chamber Flows, ASP Pulleys, BBK off road H pipe.
cobrayankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Talking

My '85 Turbocoupe was pretty quick for what it was. Not bad for a 180hp 2.3L Turbo. Still, at probably around 3500lbs it was no lightweight. Dropping the clutch produced wild two wheel smokin on 235's. I didn't like the driver postition, but other than that, it was a pretty cool car.

Nice kill!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 03:51 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

T birds aren't exactly quick cars. Kinda heavy but still fun to drive just like an SVO mustang. I've never driven a newer 5.0 with the type of handling that a stock SVO has. Or the braking power. Just a great car to drop a nice 5.8 windsor in.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote