MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-18-2001, 08:37 PM   #1
Fostang
Registered Member

Post Ford v. Ford

Today I went to in-n-out burger. There was quite a few classic cars in the parking lot. For some reason a 67-69 cougar cought my attention as I was leaving. To my luck they were leaving also. It was a guy his girlfriend and what seemed to be his girlfriends friend. As they're backing out I throw a rev, drive slowly off and they're behind me, caught a U-turn to get back on the main road. On our third light it turns red. Very busy intersection but up ahead no cars in sight. Since he hadn't thrown a rev I paid it no mind but still put the good old hurst in ratchet mode held the brake and began building some rpm. Light changes and I'm looking to the left my mistake. He takes off and since I'm scrabling to take off I punch it and the drag radials start spinning making him gain about 3/4 of a car length on me by the time we cross the intersection. Finally catch some traction start realing him in switch to second and let him hear my tires chirp right next to his window then stuck my hand out the window and waved bye. Keep on going and by the time I'm going 60 I have about 3 cars ahead of him so I shut it down and what does he do...Yes of course a fly by and throwing some revs. I make no effort to catch up to him but about 4 lights up ahead we catch another he he hee. What do you think I did...yup smoked him again. What do you think he did...uh huh another fly by. When will people learn? What was funny is that on both fly by's his girlfriend and the girl in the back both were smiling at me and the guy had a kind of pissed off look.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 08:55 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Good show Fostang. Were you spraying? That's great that the girls smiled, hee, hee.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 11:21 PM   #3
Red514LX
Registered Member

Great kill! It's too bad people have to try and win races by paying no attention at first and then hauling tail at a light like that. Usually, however, I think they do this because they know it's the only way they'll have a shot at winning.

I'm glad you took him out -- especially since he sorta jumped you at first.

------------------
Jeff Kane
1990 LX Mustang ex-5.0 Coupe
No engine. No transmission.
Prepping car for a "big" big-block.
http://hometown.aol.com/red514lx/

Red514LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 12:29 AM   #4
rbatson

Thumbs up

Good Kill! Too bad it was a Cougar though, I love those 67-68 cougars(my dad had a 68 XR-7). I'd love to have one.

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 03-19-2001, 12:44 AM   #5
Fostang
Registered Member

Yup I hated doing it to a Ford but it's the race I got and I haven't been getting very many of those. Last race was about month and some odd days ago. Nope wasn't spraying.
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 02:17 AM   #6
46stang
Registered Member

good kill. bet he felt dumb in front of his ladies. you should have asked him to pull over and then seen if the girls wanted a ride in a real car personally I race anything, ford,chevy,dodge,vw, rice, motorcycles, even the neighbor kids on there bicycles (just to the end of the block ) I beat the kids all the time, can't seem to beat the 1100 katana's though.

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 99 intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies, 373's, 70mm t/b, gutted maf, bassani x-pipe w/cats, ultraflow catback,iat mod, home depot ram air, k@n. fms spings, tri-ax shifter.
46stang is offline   Reply With Quote