MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2001, 12:51 AM   #1
Snakeman
Registered Member

Thumbs up Close race!

cruising down the freeway tonight, i saw a mustang getting on the freeway with a cowl hood...

he caught up quickly, so i knew he'd be game for a little racing fun!

we played around a bit, i think our cars were evenly matched (too bad i have my stock h-pipe and tuned down the timing to 10* to go smog the car today). I'd love to see this guy at the track!

we had one good race. both of us went at the same time and were door handle to door handle until he had to let off. i think i would have had him on the shift, but no telling. he said his car had some nice heads.

I was smelling burning rubber the whole time, kinda confusing until i started overheating. turns out the fan hit the shroud and wedged there wasting precious horsepower!

I fixed the problem at a friend's house close by, fortunately!

I guess the old car is broke in, eh?

Gotta get me to the track!

Oh yeah, i raced another firebird or t/a it was a convertible, lowered, with ground effects. i let him catch up, gunned it and waved him to catch up as he fell behind...

he flipped me off when he turned off a couple blocks later. it was daytime and his girlfriend was riding shotgun to witness his humiliation/bad manners!

LOL!

anyway, if the guy i raced (I-80 in sacramento. westbound) is reading this; great race! i want to meet you at the track!
I'll beat ya!
without nitrous!

------------------
Rob Wegner
90LX
Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 04:03 AM   #2
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Sounds like a good run. Get out to sears point and see what that thing will do!

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Runs on 87 Octane and gets 24mpg!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 03:05 PM   #3
Snakeman
Registered Member

hey skyler!

i don't run at sear's point. too far for me. I have some items that won't pass tech, so I'll have to stick to sac. they know me, so they usually just ask if its the same or whatnot. i have an oil pressure gauge on the dash. mechanical. big no no.

Oh well. I think i can go to sac on t&T and get a few runs in, anyway.

Gotta get this baby past smog so i can revert to my high-power setup, rather than this detuned beast.

You know the baddest thing?

That mustang i raced looked FAST! I mean from a watch it accelerate standpoint. the way that thing would get up and go was awesome! even more awesome was realizing mine is just as fast or faster!

Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 08:22 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Ha! Snakeman,

I just posted a story that happened to me about a week ago ("Wounded Fox (Flesh wound)"). During mid race with a modded GN, I hear this loud bang come from my car . Turns out that my fan hit my fan shroud. It tore up the fan shroud and also broke off one of the fan blades which flew off and dented the hood from the inside .

Your's wedged?? Man. Fortunately, a friend was riding with me and I stayed at his house that night (5 minutes away. mine was about 30 minutes away) and fixed it the following morning. Now I'm in search of a fan shroud.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2001, 10:38 PM   #5
stng87
Registered Member

Talking

Snakeman:
thats funny as he11! Id love to hear all the excuses he was feeding his girl.
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote