MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-16-2001, 01:13 PM   #1
sedanman
Registered Member

Post Sedanman vs Modded LS1

Ok first I was to race a New Ram Air 6spd we lined up and it was 3,2,1,go so the starter says 3 and the TA is off WTF I Drop the clutch now 1 1/2 down and spin and stay in it just for $hits and Giggles then from a punch same results

But anyway we go out to race again but the race gets broken up so I end up racing a 99 TA 6spd with 3:73,K&N, CatBack, Powerprogramer, and something else. We run from a 30 punch because he did not want to go from a stop he took the jump and I hit it and he pulled about a car then it was dead even with the TA just starting to pull up top So that one was a loss, but after the RA heard about this race he said no to another race "maybe another night", I guess the TA beat the RA even before the gears. Oh well theres always another night.

------------------
1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd, GT-40 Heads, Cobra intake, 73MM mass air, 65mm TB, FPR, 24lb injectors, E303, Headers,off road H-pipe, Flows, K&n , hurst, 3:55's, pullies,electric fan, mac upper and lower control arms, HD trac-loc, lakewood 50/50's on back, shift light, centerforce dual friction, and rebuilt heavy duty T5, A/C SP delete 255/50/16 BFG DR AL D/S
New time
13.2@105.5
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 01:29 PM   #2
1mintlx

Cool

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to show those two what time it was. You have all those mods and all you pulled was a 13.2??? I don't have much more. Do you spin to much in the box? I can't imagine that you had a real problem with the TA.......from a stop I think you would've take him. Keep on 'bangin.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside sub-connectors; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass cowl hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; Flomasters; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; 190 lb fp FPR; TFS Twisted Wedge Intake 12.513 @ 108 mph (Pre-inj/fuelpump/FPR/ intake)
Old 04-16-2001, 01:34 PM   #3
sedanman
Registered Member

1 mintlx my factory short block now has 155K miles, I am sure that does not help, that and I need to tune the car bad (might take it to Kenny Brown to have it tuned) New motor and the bottle hopefully by the end of summer.
Old 04-16-2001, 01:36 PM   #4
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Sounds like a tough LS1...take it from a stop and a diff. turn out.

I posted in the windsor forum about the Fuel pump. replys said a relay under the drivers seat! when can u tuen the car up?

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows

'87 GT.
Stock
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 01:57 PM   #5
sedanman
Registered Member

HEY Ez, remember the TA that ran neck and neck that was stock last year? That was the car!

We can tune it up tommorow after 4:00 if that works for you, otherwise maybe thursday after 4:00. Let me know.

Sorry about not getting the relay posted, been one of those weekends.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:26 PM   #6
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

There are some tough ls1's out there. I went up to new castle and drove around abit but couldnt find one damn race! My car needs tuned in bad! Do you guys know a good dyno here around town that doesnt cost a arm and a leg. I was the one who posted that your fuel relay was under your driver seat. I know it is on my model. It probably is on your car too EZRIDIN.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 03:12 PM   #7
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Let me know when you guys want to meet up..I got my fuel and temp under control..I am ready but still need some fine tuning done. Only problem now is that sometimes it wants to act like its doesnt want to start..

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote