MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-13-2001, 05:45 PM   #1
I hate Rice
Registered Member

Post Fork in the Performance Road

Hello, what is prompting this is getting ripped a new a$$hole by another stang. But I am a stuck on weather to get a mac offroad h pipe (not prochamber) for 109 and a set of pullies for 159 or a bassani h o/r h pipe for 299. I care about sound but performance is so so much more important to me. Which would perform better in the short run and in the long run. These are my first mods beside the obligatory K&N. Any advice?

------------------
97 Mustang GT Convertible
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1858
K&N filter
No silencer
Sidewinder 5000 Alarm

Gotta love Rice cuase they always travel in groups so you can embaress them in front of their buds.

I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 01:27 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

What is the Other Mustang your supposed to race? Just an off road H-pipe or X-pipe and Pullies wont give you that much extra power! Not trying to be mean, just truthfull.

Although I havent raced a stock GT 5spd in a while, so I cant gauge how my Bolt ons did.

I'd save up for 99+ heads and intake, Doesnt have to be a Mustang to donate the parts. I'm not sure if cam specs are the same though for trucks and all. I assume not, heads yes, cams no.

If you absolutley need something NOW. Get Gears. You wont be dissapointed. Trust the Ol'Mercster.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax. Ordered 4:10's.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 10-14-2001).]
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
I hate Rice
Registered Member

I know and o/r h and pullies wont make that big of a difference but it is someplace to start. The race was some random stoplight action and I have no clue who it was. i know the the 99 heads and intake would be awesome but i am seventeen and no tengo mucho dinero. would my little money be better spent on 373s and and an o/r h?
I hate Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 08:50 AM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Post something over in modular madness and we'll see what we can do...

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote