MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2001, 03:50 PM   #1
fastang
Registered Member

Post SOS

Ok, Once again Kevin I know this isnt the forum but please leave it here for now.

I put an open breather on my car and it stopped sucking oil out of my valve covers...this is good. But its still sucking oil through my PCV

My PCV valve is sitting in the back of my lower intake. The valve is connected to a hose that connects to my intake elbow right before my TB. Its sucking up oil through there and making my car run like crap.

I thought about plugging the whole and just letting my breather cap do all the crankcase venting but it might build too much pressure and shoot oil out the breather cap.

Can you guys please help me out here? Im set for a dyno tune on tuesday and I really want to have it fixed by then. Thanks guys...Jesse.

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
Old 09-29-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Fastang, I know you said in an earlier post that the engine had good compression. Did you ever actually do a compression test? If so, what are the numbers for cylinders 1-8? That is basic here to figure out the problem. Even if those numbers turn out OK, you may still need to do a leakdown test to determine the basic status of your engine. Without this kind of info, it's all just a big guessing game.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Old 09-29-2001, 05:03 PM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

All I have is a breather cap, nothing else.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Old 09-29-2001, 09:52 PM   #4
fastang
Registered Member

Thats what I was wondering Sky, Thanks.

I took the hose connecting my pcv valve and my upper intake and cut in half. Then I put a small fuel filter in between the two pieces. Theoreticly the oil gets caught in the fuel filter bag while the gas escapes to my upper intake. It seems to be working for now but I might just plug the damn thing and run it like you are Sky.

I think my passenger vc gasket might be leaking too

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
Old 09-30-2001, 10:38 AM   #5
Kevin Price
Registered Member

Technical questions sucha s these belong in WIndsor Power. Please, from now on, post these questions there.

Closed Thread