MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-29-2001, 07:12 PM   #1
66 Racer
Registered Member

Post Crazy Fri... mach1 vs. 66 coupe...COPS!

Ah man, where do i start,

Okay, the guy across the street has this friend with a 71 or older mach1 w/351. The owner said its original. Well, ever since i fried the guys civic and burnt his sisters Gand Am v6 he has wanted to set up a race with his friend with the mach1. I told him i was down to race, but didnt know if it would be a close race. I heard the mach1 is a 4spd auto so that kinda eased me a bit, but man a 351? I was hoping the extra weight of the older car would help me out.

Friday night comes, im hanging outside with some other neighbors that were gonna go watch (4 of em). He rolls up and asks if i wanna race, i tell him im ready, wanted to go to the regular street where we race, but he knew of a better street, which i agree after seeing it, it is better.

Well, we each run a practice run and line up, the 3rd car going to watch was a 66coupe I6 and they were down the street with their emergency flashers warning us we would start soon, then they turn their head lights on and we hit the gas! I break loose a bit, ease off the gas then floor it again, he had a little lead over me, then i hit 2nd and not only get even with him, but pass him by about a car distance, shifting into 3rd i kinda held him till i got off the gas. I thought he already got off the gas since my lead, but he wasnt so he passed, we raced a LONG distance, over a 1/4 mile, thats basicaly why i got off it. I was SO happy! I thought i would get KILLED! Then we go for a 2nd race.
We line up, i thought i jumped the launch since i had a good lead so waited for him to get a little closer then punched it ( i didnt want to hear "YOU JUMPED IT" if he lost). So near the end if 1st he is already passing me, i get into 2nd and i pass him up like last time but only get a 1/2 car lead (front bumper @ my door). I go into 3rd and i see him cathcing up, im like "NOOoooo" And when we cross the line he had about a car on me. It was a Fun race though, both were.

Going back for one more i turn and see lights coming after us, i already made a U-turn on a dead end street and was like, "AH Shlt !" The other guy not making his U-Turn yet just took off. The cop asked me to get out of the car and threw me in the back of the car. He began telling me that street racing gets my car impounded for 30-days and go to jail till i get bailed out. I was like man, i ask tell the cop "Ah man, officer I would appriciate it if you could let me go, this wont happen againe" And looks at me saying, you know how many times i have heard that? He asked me all these questions, searched my car, asked me how fast we were going. I told him i didnt know, i was looking at the road, he said that we were going about 90mph, thats how fast he was going. He ALSO asked me "SO how many times did you race now? I COUNTED 3", all i said was thats about right sir (MAN HE WAS THERE THE WHOLE TIME!). About 30mins later, the cop turns and tells me, "this is what im going to do, Since i couldnt really tell how fast you were going how would you like it if i just let you off with a speeding ticket for 70 in a 35 and let you go home tonight?" All i do is smile and say "I would like that officer" He eventually lets me out of the car, gives me my liscence and has me sign the ticket. As im doing this he says, i dunno which car i heard more, yours or his, but what engines do you guys have. I told him i had a 289 and he had a 351. He was like... "Dahm, 351 huh?" He said you have a nice car their, take care of it, you know state farm insurance is good, you dont want to get droped from them, other insurance companies may just total your car for a little accident. He also asked me if i have gone to any other street races, legal or not, i was like no, he said, "you know what, you might find this interesting, we have 12 squad cars with cobra jet engines and 5 speeds" all i could do was laugh, then said "DAHM, thats bad man " He let me go and i was getting into my car. Before i do he said " by the way who won?" I kinda smile and say it was 1 for 1.

IS THAT A CRAZY night OR WHAT!!! I was so happy i got off like that. When i got home i just laughed, i was so proud of my car, and was happy for the way the cop let me off.

Oh yeah, my friends saw the cop fly by after us with his lights off, they 1st thought it was another racer, they didnt even think it was a cop till the lights were on, when i told them he said we were going about 90, they said "no way" YOU GUYS FLEW BY, the cop as he passed looked slow compared to you guys, they said if he was going 90 we were around 100 or more.

Man, im gonna keep it off the streets, at least for now!

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction

[This message has been edited by 66 Racer (edited 09-29-2001).]
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 07:27 PM   #2
66 Racer
Registered Member

By the way, both our engines were about stock, AND....

Basically, we all rag on the pigs... i mean cops, what im trying to say is that I GUESS all cops ARNT ALL that bad.

------------------
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction
Old 09-29-2001, 07:42 PM   #3
mustang marty gt

Thumbs up

oh 66 racer you are lucky, i was running 80 in a 65 ,fooling around looking for the next cd i wanted to play ,oooppp's look up just in time to see a red bank cop sitting with no lights on , sh1t he turned his parking light's on & i just took my foot off the gas, slowed down & got past an on ramp& just pulled over ,he spun around & threw on his blue's & pulled in behind me , he was behind my car for a long time ,hum he finally walked up & said do you have any id ,yes sirwas my reply & handed him my liscence he asked if i knew i was going 80 in a 65 i said no ,not till i looked up & saw you he asked me if my gulf war vet tag's were real , i said yes they are registered to me . he handed me my licences & said slow down! i said yes sir , i know this was a long one but red bank is an off shoot of chatt ,i had to pay a ticket there for a31mph in a30zone ,was damm lucky that night .

------------------
Old 09-29-2001, 11:43 PM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Sounds like u had a fun night. 71 mustangs with stock 351 are low 15 second cars. At least that is what my dads was. It was completely stock.
Good thing the cop let u go. I find that they do that when they lick ur car. I be that is going to be one hell of an expensive ticket though. Oh well at least it was fun.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 06:30 AM   #5
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

i got pulled over a few months ago. i was making a lot of noise in 1st. the cop just heard me and didn't see me, so he thought i was going fast. so he gets up to the car and asks for the liscence and reg. well stupid me forgot my wallet at home with my liscence in it. i was asked to get out of the car, he patted me down and checked for weapons and asked me to sit in the back of his car. he ran my info then let me go and warned me i could have gotten a $35 ticket for not having my liscence. as i was getting in my car he asked me if i wanted to race. not sure what to say i just turned him down. he then pulled up next to me and said i was no fun, then nutural dropped it trying to peel out. it was all kinda funny!

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims. 14.9 at 95.07mph with stock 2.73's.

89LX 2.3 Notch, daily beater!
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 03:45 PM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Great Story, 66!! Man you got lucky!!

------------------
Black 2000 GT Auto
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.
Ran Once, 14.52@96.57 with a 1.32 R/T & 2.3 60'!!

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Shorty Headers, Flowmaster 2 chambers, K&N, short throw shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 09:02 PM   #7
66 Racer
Registered Member

YEah guys, im like kinda happy about getting elt off. I want a rematch against the mach1, i think i can run better and beat him good, but im a little spooked about street racing right now. I dont want to lose my licsence.

All the guys there were saying that cop was a waste being there, how he stoped me when on other nights there are usually like 20 guys there. Oh well, tonight im off for a kickback night at in&out to kick it with all the car guys in the area. Its pretty much like a show, all the guys showing up with their rides talking car talk, heh heh, too bad they are mainly rice rockets. The funny thing though is that there are a few muscle cars counting mine but there are so few the camaros and stangs park near each other, they dont talk, but they are near eachother.

------------------