MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-02-2001, 12:24 AM   #1
deciding

Thumbs down Got pulled over, ALREADY!!!

I got pulled over tonight (Monday) I just bought the Cobra Thursday. I wasn't even speeding at the time. I simply punched it a little as I made a left turn at a light. Well, maybe slightly more than a little, but not as much as I could . Anyway, it was late tonight and there didn't seem to be anyone around, or so I thought. By the way, I LOVE THIS CAR!! I can't imagine what it will be like supercharged. I was wondering how you guys stay out of jail. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, I don't look forward to traffic school for the 4th time! It's been a long time since I've had to go and I'd like to keep it that way.
Old 10-02-2001, 12:48 AM   #2
quackenbush
Registered Member

Rule number one. never speed at night
Rule number two. the best radar detector is your eyes.

No rule three.
quackenbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:08 AM   #3
66 Racer
Registered Member

Man,

Im still 18 and have been driving since april, thats like 6 months. My 2nd day driving, which happened to be with my 66 i want to see how good my car can burn out. So i try it, i look everywhere, nothing. Next thing you know, there is a cop behind me! To this day i dont know where he came from, im guessing a driveway, defenetly not the street. He let me off with a minor ticket, switching lanes w/o signaling. Man, i wish i took the drivers training, it cost me $150 increase in insurance AND i still have that point!

This last friday I got pulled over for racing too! Ah man i have BAD LUCK! It was an industrial area, a dead end on top of that (except for a small side street)! Well, on the 2nd pass when racing this mach1 w/351 this cop goes FLYING out! Didnt even see him, none of us did, he didnt even have his red and blues on till i made my U turn, the people on the side that saw him go by thought he was another racer too untill he put the lights on. Well, i have to thank someone up above or something man cause he let me off with a speeding ticket instead. For doing 70 in a 35.

I guess i have good luck or something huh? Well, i wont be street racing for a while. Could have been jail time and 30 day impoundment of my baby!

---Anthony

------------------
Under Construction 66 Coupe
-289 V8 - 600cfm Holley -Tri-Y Headers - Flowmaster 2.5 dual exaust, Centerforce Dual Friction
66 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 03:00 AM   #4
PKRWUD

The first 5 years I was driving, I received enough tickets to wallpaper a small bathroom. Everything from speeding to having less than 2/32" tread on one spot on one tire. In the 5 years that followed, I got another 5 or 6 tickets. In the past ten years, I haven't received a single ticket. No, wait, I got one for speeding along Highway 101 near Santa Maria 6 years ago. Anyway, my point is that if you don't want tickets, drive smart. You don't have to race every car with a hole in their muffler, and you don't have to beat every changing traffic light. Pretend like there is always a cop either behind you or around the next corner, and you'll be fine. Street racing is fun, and if you're going to do it, do it in a safe, isolated place, then LEAVE! Don't wait around for the cops to find you. When you're out late at night, remember that the odds are alot better that you're going to be seen by a cop. In fact, the odds are alot better that the car who's headlights you see way back in your mirror IS a cop. Drive smart.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 01:12 PM   #5
mustang marty gt

Cool

pkrwud is right i alway's look around, then will ck out the action i did get pulled over about 4 month's ago for doing 80 in a 65 i think the only reason he let me go ,no ticket? was because i had gulf war vet tag' .
and i just pulled over brfore he ever bluelighted me,my point is i was not looking around i was looking through my cd's.doh!

------------------
Old 10-02-2001, 01:38 PM   #6
bada$$lx

Cool

I've been driving for 12 years now.....and I'm proud (knock on some serious f'n thick wood) to say that I've gotten 3 tickets (red light, stop sign, and speeding in my commuter Toyota Echo ). It's all about using your head (assuming you've got common sense). "Don't be stupid you moron!" You can speed at night, but know the area you're speeding in. Look around before you just lay rubber across an intersection. Don't have a "spur of the moment" race....know who you're running against, make a safe pass first checking out the area, and DON"T race in traffic. There's a few more rules, but my hand's getting tired !

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles;FMS 3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside weld-on subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini 3" turbo hood;A/C delete;gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS custom chip;Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat intake (12.299 @ 113mph w/ a 1.78 60')
....soon to be b