MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-25-2001, 02:06 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Angry Got chased by some guys from DELIVERANCE.

This Saturday was a decent Saturday. Cruising was okay, got to pick a fight with a few cars, nothing spectacular though. Got to hang out with my friends without worrying about the Girl-Friend getting mad.

Well on my way home, about 1 in the morning I pull up next to a Primered 68 Mercury Cyclone. It was skipping (NOT CAMMING) and had a nice aroumic cloud emintating from the single exhaust pipe.

I looked over and was checking the car out ( hey I love the old ones )when I heard this horrible whistling gutteral sound. I looked to see that it was the driver with his one tooth chuckling at me while nodding his head. THe whistling was from the air rushing pass his yellow decaying TOOTH. Creepy

I knew they were going to get on it. No surprise, the light turned and the peglegged wonder spun one tire for about 2 seconds and left the light.

I wasnt going to race, didnt want to race these guys, they just gave me bad vibes. FOR THE NEXT FIVE LIGHTS, I HAD TO BE BESIDE THEM. AND THE SAME THING. the same horrible laugh, the same AWESOME TIRE FRYING DISPLAY.

Then finally the passenger said something about new Mustangs sucking with the 4.6 . I thought I'd give them a little show. The light changed and I gave it half gas and pulled away. Shifing at 4200-4400 RPM.

At the next light the passenger yelled "You only got a 4.6" I said. "SO...Yeah....Whats that supposed to mean"

"You cant take my 302......Its a BOSS 302" This guy had at least 3 teeth.

Of course Words flew and we started getting alittle Verbally abusive. I told him I'll smoke his A$$ bad when the light changes. The light changed. I gave him about a car length jump then floored it. I wanted them to hear Off-road H-pipe with 2 chamber FLOWS at 5800 RPM.

Of course I destroyed them. Next light. They talked more trash, so I gave them no head start. Just gave it all I had. by the time I hit 80, he was WAY far back. I slowed down and made a few comments about my 4.6 and his TWO BARRELL, SINGLE Exhaust, Boss Crack Head 302.

They chased me for several miles after they tried to run me off the road. I lost them once. THought the coast was clear and pull up next to them at the next light. There car had died.

To my misfortune they got it fired back up and chased me into my neighborhood. I lost them in it. after a few minutes I found them again, but I was 200 or so yards behind them with my lights turned off.

I wouldnt of ran if it wasnt for them trying to run my new GT off the road. Hell, I would of jumped out and beat the puss out of them, but they were the type to just run me over.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 02:19 AM   #2
mustang marty gt

Talking

jeez, just when i thought we got all those type of guy's to move out west, damm you need to hit the comedy club scene, you alway's have the great story's too bad idiot's like that own the old muscle car's. but another good one i enjoyed it. see ya.
Old 09-25-2001, 02:27 AM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Is that story for real??? Either way, it was entertaining, but damn, that's some scary *** **** !

------------------
Black 2000 GT Auto
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.
Ran Once, 14.52@96.57 with a 1.32 R/T & 2.3 60'!!

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Shorty Headers, Flowmaster 2 chambers, K&N, short throw shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 03:38 AM   #4
BTS88IROC
Registered Member

LOL Awesome story. And i thought it was bad here in Kansas!
BTS88IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 12:35 PM   #5
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Yeah, unfortunatley its true. First time I been chased in years. Nothing really new to me, happened three time prior. Twice in my old 6 cyl stang, once in my 64 1/2 V8, and now once in my new stang.

True, I just added my creative touch in the charector description.
Old 09-25-2001, 06:53 PM   #6
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Angry

You need to have me along! I'll dress up in my best sweatpants and torn hole infested flannel buttonup and whip full moon hubcaps at them all while yellin YYYEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAWWWW, Ahilk, ahilk, ahilk, WAAAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously, being chased sucks, not for fear of getting beat by some a-holes, but for damage to your car when you know they'd never be able to pay for it even if you did have them busted.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 07:50 PM   #7
bri32z
street racing junkie

Not too fun. Had that happen to me about 15 yrs ago when I was driving my 85lx 5.0. These guys in a Camaro where trying to get me to stop and fight. I was real scared. They chased me for miles---we almost wrecked a few times. My sister's boyfriend just happend to be in the area and saw what was going on. He cut the guys off and then they ran with their tails tucked between their legs. Me only being 5-8 135 I had no chance of fighting them. My sister's boyfriend was about 6' 250 plus. He also had a friend with him about the same size. Maybe next time they thought twice about picking on a person driving down the road minding their own bussiness.

------------------
95 gt:edelbrock intake and heads ported and matched, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, 2040 cam, 1.7 cobra rockers,cold air induction, bbk equal lengths,high flow h-pipe(bbk) super chip, 24lb injectors,190lph fuel pump(bbk), under drive pulleys, 3;73 gears, Has other mods but not too sure what my mechanic did. Hoping for low 11's in the 1/4 mile. Now have my 347 block installed.To see all mods look at my spec page.

My Car: [URL=http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1855]
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 09:44 PM   #8
69fastback
IRAQ VET

U always have the weiderst stuff happen to u. That is a kinda scary story too bad u where alone. If u had a couple guys with u just get out and fight. I would kill someone that treid to run in to my mustang.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 10:24 PM   #9
Five0
Registered Member

I have been chased before also, but I had a little fun with them before I lost them on the highway.

One time I was going out with a friend to play pool at about 12 am or so and I pull into the parking lot and their are a lot of hoodlums (for lack of better words) standing in the lot, anyway I park and get out and they come up to me and try to start something.
I just tried to ignore them but they were getting in my face and I thought I was going to get killed or something.
Well we had just got back from the local muscle car hang out spot and I took my old pet with me which was in the hatch of my mustang gt, my pet just happened to be a 18 foot Burmese python (snake) which I had had since he was about 5 foot. So I walk around to the back of the car and one of them pushes me into the trunk and says what you got a gun in there, I did not answer I just continued to open the trunk and the guy started to push me again when he saw the snake in the trunk and jumped back and started yelling and they all turn and run about 15 or 20 ft back and start freaking out. There were about 15 to 20 of them and just trying to start trouble but after I started pulling him out of the trunk they were my best friends saying man we were just playing man, damn, does he bite, man what does that thing eat, man don't bring that thing near me, and all sort of things. I played it cool for a while like I wasn’t scared and they left me alone after I put him back in the trunk but man it was classic seeing them all run and freak out like that.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
No good times with 347 stroker yet!
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 09:43 AM   #10
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

BAWWWWqyeeek yeeek, Boy you got a purdy mouth!

No but that is kinda scary, i knew OF a guy that used to cruise around in his 81 t/a with that, oh so powerful 301, he had like 3 teeth, but anyway those are the kinda guys that have a single exhaust, but a duel barrel 12 guage lol, i would of ran the redlight, screw the dumb shiot, kinda reminds me of that unmarked cop i had to lose in my neighborhood, boy i left him like he was stopped lol

I heard of some backwoods dudes in NC before, but imagine here in tx , i also had to outrun your average gangsters in a cutlass with gold rims, haha, think my stang handles crappy without a swaybar, imagine those guys gold 100 spoke rims, when they went up over a large curb lol.

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, energy susp trans mounts, fms hd clutch, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

someday mods:4.10's, slicks.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 11:36 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thumbs down

YEah there are some Hicks here. Red Necks I can stand, BackWoods, Back Waters, Country Bumpkins like the guys that chased me I Cant STAND.

There Family tree was definetly drawn using One swipe of a pencil and a straight edge.

Dueling Banjos anyone?
Old 09-26-2001, 08:26 PM   #12
PGkelly
Registered Member

man, i was chased by some hicks once. two friends and i were walking home from a 7-11, when these three guys in a red pickup truck pulled up next to us. their truck was totally hickish, NRA sticker, easy-rider gun rack, the whole nine yards. anyways, they chased us in the truck because they though my friend was "queer" and that my friend thought they were "purty". rrrrright. these were by far the ugliest white trash motherfuckaz anyone has ever seen. well, we ran, hopped a few fences, and got away.

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster

AOL: MCVillain45
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 11:04 PM   #13
mustang marty gt

Wink

hey merc, ck out this topic ,SS's and w6s -what, guy donkey hunter must have taken a trip to nc just to ride inthe cyclone i know i'm a dic- but just could not help it ,qoute- my stock ss will beat the shi- out of your modeed cobra heehee , he must have been hiding in yhe back seat of that cyclone drinking red white & blue beer . what do you think , probably had 2 or 3 of his rabbit dog's with him, hope to meet him on the road if he has the boy;s to come to the chattanooga area, i'll show him the southbound side of a stang , turn around & beat him again. see ya!

------------------
Old 10-01-2001, 10:55 PM   #14
ricekilla
Registered Member

Smile

that sucks man. only if they were to chase a drunken fightstarter like me we could of all had some fun

------------------
89 GT BLOWN, GEARED, AND SHAVED
ricekilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 05:31 PM   #15
Stang Runner
Registered Member

How did they stay with you at all. not to rip on you but there is NOWAY one would stay on my tail for to long
But I is VERY scary. I have lost a guy that was trying to get me. I lost him. Going Over 110MPH in a parking lot and took a corner at over 60MPH and slid about 200ft but never lost it. I am Glad I did not kill any one.. I was dumb and no repect for life.. This was a Very BAD place I did this at. I would not do it now!

[This message has been edited by Stang Runner (edited 10-03-2001).]
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 01:20 AM   #16
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I didnt Nail it and speed away, I could of rather easily lost them. I blew them away several times.

I tried to keep the speed down and use my Brain and not my right foot. Right foot can get you in trouble, and the cops dont always buy the story "I was being chased buy to Hicks that had one tooth between them Officer, thats why I was going 140 MPH."

With my prior driving record, they wouldnt buy it for a second. I used there cars inability to handle and brake (Well it Broke, but thats not what I was talking about) to get away. That and Speeding while trying to pay as much attention to whats behind you is a great way to Wreck/Kill Some one/Kill yourself. At 100 some MPH alls it takes is a second, and boom...Your dead.

Racing is onething, Its usually (USUALLY) on a straight stretch and you can afford to glance at the mirrors or out the window for a split second, but when your bieng chased and actually WORRYING about what behind you, while speeding around curves isnt the best thing to do.

I lost them, my goal was accomplished. I could of easily out accerlerated them, and Out ran them but I'm not going to risk innocent peoples lives in a busy area.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Future resto.