MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 06:50 PM   #21
bri32z
street racing junkie

My old combo was with a 80 shot. And it was 374 hp no joke> My new combo should be at least 400 at the wheels. I am keeping it N/A for now until I save enought for a big thumper turbo. I should be getting 700 at the wheels then. I have never took it to the strip yet. Will do so when I am all finished with my motor. My exhuast leak I had yesterday fried a plug wire. Capped off the egr and header for now. Cant find anyone to fab me a new tube. Spent 8 hrs looking around town for some help---no one wanted to even touch it. Need a flex high heat metal line. Anyone know where to find one?

------------------
95 gt:edelbrock intake and heads ported and matched, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, 2040 cam, 1.7 cobra rockers,cold air induction, bbk equal lengths,high flow h-pipe(bbk) super chip, 24lb injectors,190lph fuel pump(bbk), under drive pulleys, 3;73 gears, Has other mods but not too sure what my mechanic did. Hoping for low 11's in the 1/4 mile. Now have my 347 block installed.To see all mods look at my spec page.

My Car: <A HREF="http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1
Old 09-24-2001, 07:44 PM   #22
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

I beleive that, my friends carbed 347 is probaly close to 390hp at the wheels n/a, hey do you know if your mechanic "butterfy cut" the pistons to work with that 2040 cam?
Old 09-24-2001, 07:50 PM   #23
bri32z
street racing junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by 90dpscoupe:
I beleive that, my friends carbed 347 is probaly close to 390hp at the wheels n/a, hey do you know if your mechanic "butterfy cut" the pistons to work with that 2040 cam?
I do not know if he did or not. All I know is that he had it for a week and he was happy to see it leave. It wass a pain in his but he said. He also charged me 2400 dollars. Which I guess is not so bad for all the work he did. The 2040 cam is great. My computer is still learning to deal with the new engine. Stalls a few times at stop lights. He said it takes a week or two for it to run normal.

------------------
95 gt:edelbrock intake and heads ported and matched, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, 2040 cam, 1.7 cobra rockers,cold air induction, bbk equal lengths,high flow h-pipe(bbk) super chip, 24lb injectors,190lph fuel pump(bbk), under drive pulleys, 3;73 gears, Has other mods but not too sure what my mechanic did. Hoping for low 11's in the 1/4 mile. Now have my 347 block installed.To see all mods look at my spec page.

My Car: <A HREF="http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1
Old 09-25-2001, 01:00 AM   #24
mustang marty gt

Wink

unit & 90 , you know i ain't going there again it's just the rice action , is just now moving in here , it's allway's been ford vs chevy vs dodge for my area , i just love my ford's that's all , take care guy's. oh yeah the old lady gripe's at me for racing, she had to own up to jumping on a car the other day ,hehe.oh yes buy the way she WON! it ws rice.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mustang marty gt (edited 09-25-2001).]

Old 09-30-2001, 10:07 PM   #25
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Question

whats with all the chevy people that come just to argue about brand loyalty. i mean this site is called mustangworks. i hear this chevy thing all the time at school some of you have probably seen thier hp claims in the windsor power section - 380 hp from a iron headed '68 307 with no power adder. maybe some day ill challenge this guy with a brand new SS who like me is a senior in high school. His parents bought the car for him.

Later

------------------
'89 LX Hatchback 5spd, Flowmasters, K+N, B+M Ripper shifter
Old 09-30-2001, 10:21 PM   #26
mustang marty gt

Angry

take my word for it ss mean's super sh-t they ain't nothing just talk , i hear it everyday, otherwise i would not hate blowtie's they brag , but they alway's want to run a STOCK ford with their built out the wazoo chevy real fair huh?

------------------

Old 10-01-2001, 10:36 AM   #27
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

marty,
Just to let you know your mustang has next to no chance against a LS1. I don't want to start a flame war but damn man come on. you talk all this crap all the time and do you even know the specs for a LS1 320hp and yours has what? seriously no offence to anyone but come on marty is talking out his arse. always bashing the chevy when he has no idea what he is talking about. what have you run at the track Marty, post some numbers to back up your claims of being a LS1 killer. again no offence I do like mustangs but this guy just talks to much. I wish I lived close by him I would run him in my LT1 and give him a run for his money.
Old 10-01-2001, 12:24 PM   #28
mustang marty gt

here we go again, you wont even say where your from hum, i don't go to the drag strip my car is stock ,but yes i have stomped 4 newer z-28, and a trans am, maybe they can't drive like i said about 5 year's ago, iv'e also beat a later model 5.0 mustang, the guy did'nt know how to shift , so unless you are donkey boy hush, this is a MUSTANG site not a chevy site so go there.bother me no more,ionly street race for now , so come on down, like the new rice wing on the, new camaro's , amf.

Old 10-01-2001, 04:08 PM   #29
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

Marty,
Did you drop out of school in like 3rd grade or what? you are about as smart as a box of rocks and about as sharp as a bowling ball. It is funny as hell the way some of you people think. I guess you have just proven every chevy guy who says mustang owners are ignorant right. I didn't come here to be a dick to anyone but obviously you feel the need to be a dick to me huh. wtf d!ck

seriously though does anyone think this guy is cool or think he knows anything or am I the only one who knows this guy is full of **** .

damn, sorry about the rant but this guy constantly spouts off ignorance. I understand I don't have to read it or be on "your" site at all, But I happen to like cars as I have said a million times I am not a mustang hater by any means I like them to tell you the truth.

In closing I would like to say if you want to be a dick then **** YOU

oh and btw I am from the bay area near San Jose since Marty asked.

Old 10-01-2001, 04:32 PM   #30
bri32z
street racing junkie

I think Marty is funny as heck. He has a good way of making me laugh. Camaro Guy the cobra is only like one tenth slower in the quater mile and the 0-60 speeds are dead even. They are both fun cars to drive. Personally I think the Stang looks better and is priced lower. Oh yea and it does not blow rear ends every 30000 miles. But it is up to the person which one they want. Someday Ford will mass produce a lage cubic inch engine in the stang which will kick a$$. As far as his education (Marty) Lay off unless you want to start a fued that will not stop. And if you happen to need my education backround it is none of your bussiness. Put it this way--I am an engineer manager for a multi-billion dollar corp. The new Cobras will hang with any stock camaro---Yes a stock Cobra will. With the right driver in either car it could go one way or the other. I have no beef with anyone on the board so do not think I am lashing out at you. Hey Marty, You make my day every time I read your funny a$$ posts

------------------
95 gt:347 stroker balanced,edelbrock 150 shot, edelbrock intake and heads ported and matched, 70mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, 2040 cam, 1.7 cobra rockers,cold air induction, bbk equal lengths,high flow h-pipe, super chip, 24lb injectors,190lph fuel pump(bbk), under drive pulleys, 4;30 gears, Has other mods but not too sure what my mechanic did. Hoping for low 11's in the 1/4 mile. To see all mods look at my spec page.

My Car: [URL=http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?
Old 10-01-2001, 04:38 PM   #31
CAMARO GUY
Registered Member

I never once said a damn thing about the Cobra being slow or said that I think I could beat one so what are you talking about. and you don't type like a 3rd grader so I don't have to ask about your education.
Closed Thread