MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-24-2001, 08:14 AM   #1
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Talking 1st kill with new motor

I changed my oil and spark plugs on Saturday and now that I've got my combo straightened out (if you're read my some of my previous posts, you'll know the motor I purchased from Excessive Motorsports wasn't put together correctly) I decided it was time to find some action.

I didn't find much, but I ran across a riced-out Eclipse. This thing had the biggest coffee can I've ever seen sticking out the back, I mean this thing was huge. Speaking of huge, the factory spoiler was replaced with what appeared to be a picnic table. I'm sure this guy figured he was making 500hp on appearance alone.

So I pull up next to him doing about 45mph and he downshifts to 2nd. I could hear the turbo spooling and I thought this may be a race. I put it in 3rd gear and hopped it once. He punches on it and I go a split second later. He's next to me for all of 1 second. I pulled 4-5 car lengths in 3rd and at least another 10 lengths in 4th.

I don't think I'll be fooling with the ricers anymore unless they're asking for it. They just can't hang. I need to find me some good-ol American-made V-8 action.

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 12:51 PM   #2
ronny50
Registered Member

This thing had the biggest coffee can I've ever seen sticking out the back, I mean this thing was huge. Speaking of huge, the factory spoiler was replaced with what appeared to be a picnic table. I'm sure this guy figured he was making 500hp on appearance alone.+

LOL
hehehehehehehe

Picnicv table haha too funny

------------------
1990 GT 6k Original miles!!
Ripper,Pullies,73 MM C&l Mass Air,9mm Wires,Piaa Headlights,MAC Cold Air (Fender), Bassani X-pipe
ronny50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 02:42 PM   #3
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Cool

Classic kill. Bet he thought that fart pipe would scare you. I bet some of these big a** spoilers would make nice tables though...

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires, Chromed '95 Cobra R's (bought for $19.95, now 2 are warped!).
http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1883
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 03:35 PM   #4
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Question

I missed your posts about the motor. What did Excessive Motorsports do wrong? My buddy is ordering a motor from them also.
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 04:32 PM   #5
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Christ - Don't let your buddy deal with them. They put the camshaft in wrong. It was off by a tooth. These guys won't even reimburse me for labor/trouble I've gone through. They are the worst company I've EVER dealt with.

DO NOT DEAL WITH EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS

Go the Windsor Power forum and do a search on "EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS SUCKS" There were quite a few replies on how bad this company is.

DO NOT DEAL WITH EXCESSIVE MOTORSPORTS

------------------
Eric - 89 Mustang LX coupe
302 - Cobra Intake - GT40p heads - TFS stage 1 cam - FRPP 1.6 roller rockers - Naturally Aspirated
3:73 gears - KYB shocks and struts - Eibach springs - HPM Mega-bite Jr lower control arms - HPM upper control arms
89 Cobra LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 05:15 PM   #6
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Talking

Hey hilaroius story. i love the picnic table wing and coffee can exhuast part. I brought part of your story and had all my friends rollin on the floor during school. It is so funny seeing those cars try to get over speed bumps. Also those eclipses think they're bad a** because they have a turbo. hehe. Anyone who thinks they have seen it all just come to southern california- then you will have seen it all

Later

------------------
'89 LX Hatchback 5spd, Flowmasters, K+N, B+M Ripper shifter
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote