MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-27-2001, 10:13 AM   #61
dinomite
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by jerryIII:
pleading guilty for something you did'nt do is the weak way out of a situation, so these are the morals of todays youth??? instead of standing up and fighting for your rights, you take the 'easy' way out, because it only cost you a few dollars????
See, the thing is that our legal system is not longer based on equality and equal justice. it is all about who has more money. there are only a few corporations in the country that have the fiscal ability to stand up to the government, the rest of us are screwed. and then when you get more down to this stuff, its a f****** di**a** c***su**** cop's word vs yours, and no matter who you are, you could be g***amned jesus, and they would believe a fat pig who spends his days eating donuts above you.

------------------
90LX AOD Convertable: Lakewood control arms, FMS springs.
Best 1/4: 15.277@92.25 (2.27 60')
AIM: dinomite1, roadracestang
dinomite@softhome.net

[This message has been edited by dinomite (edited 07-27-2001).]
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 03:37 PM   #62
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

pleading guilty for something you did'nt do is the weak way out of a situation, so these are the morals of todays youth??? instead of standing up and fighting for your rights, you take the 'easy' way out, because it only cost you a few dollars????

so then you lied to all of us by claiming you were'nt racing????

See Jerry whether I plead guilty or not, it didn't matter. I would've been found guilty. The camaro guy was there and so the judge had two tickets that said we were "racing" against EACH other. When I went up there the judge told me what I had been accused of, and I said NO CONTEST. And to my suprise he said that is not a choice, he said you can either get a lawyer or represent yourself. So I represented myself went out in the hall and talked to the prosecutor, he gave me two options as you guys already know. If I would've paid $200+court costs I COULD have been done with everything. But my insurance more than likely would have canceled me, even though this is my first offense. It's drag racing, I would have wanted a speeding ticket so much more than a DRAG RACING one. I WASN'T SPEEDING THOUGH, but it would have been a lot easier. The reason I said I wasn't racing which I still believe I really wasn't, the camaro was beside me and he really wanted to go, but I was like there are a bunch of cops around I know. He kept on and kept on, So I was probaly doing 30-35mph maybe and I gunned it to MAYBE 50mph I was just messing with him. The speed limit is 50mph. I wasn't roasting them, I wasn't speeding. And TO me that wasn't drag racing, I don't know about you guys. But...anyway back to your post. I didn't take the easy way out, I took the smartest way out. Yeah I could've walked in there and said NOPE I WASN'T RACING AT ALL, about that time the camaro guy would walk up and say yes we were racing. What if he did that?
Anyway I seriously know I would have been found guilty anyway. If I would have plead guilty, next would have been a trial with a jury. I would more than likely need a lawyer. And if found guilty I was told jail time up to 90 days. Even if it was 1 day WTF jerry? So your saying I should have stood up and fought for my rights, so I could then bend over and hold my ankles in jail. I still believe I was not racing, because I wasn't, if I was truly racing I would've known it, and admitted it. But to the LAW I suppose what I did was drag racing. Lesson learned, I need to be real careful, and more drag strip time. Oh by the way Jerry have you gotten your car to the track? Thanks again guys for all your replys.

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter, PRO 5.0, Subframe connectors, Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor, moroso battery relocation kit, strut tower brace, 4 inch harwood cool hood, autometer phantom gauges

http://www.geocities.com/i8ur
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 07:50 PM   #63
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I'm not flaming, if you were reffering to me. The DOT is the branch that took my friends license away, not the city etc. etc. My friend tried to fight it when they yanked it, but it was no go.

As soon as the DOT saw the payment, it didn't matter. It's not like the judge sends a copy of the report to the DOT, all they see is ticket, pay fine, or no pay fine. If you pay the fine that is linked to that ticket, you are guilty. License gone.

I would agree, the ticket has a little evidence to it, but it's almost 0. Simply because a month later, the cop won't remember jack squat about the event. It's unecessary for a regular speeding ticket, because that is considered a "Petty Misdemeanor", it shouldn't go on your criminal record, and you cannot serve jail time for it. Street racing is the same as assault. No incident report, no document to refresh the officers memory, how in the **** is the damn flatfoot going to remember the details based on 1 sentance of chicken scratch on the ticket?

Hopefully your state works a little different than MN.

Best of luck man.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 08:15 PM   #64
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

No I wasn't talking about you UNIT. My court date was JULY 19th, and it's done with, scroll up a little to see what happened. Thanks for your reply's.

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter, PRO 5.0, Subframe connectors, Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor, moroso battery relocation kit, strut tower brace, 4 inch harwood cool hood, autometer phantom gauges

http://www.geocities.com/i8ur
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 12:35 AM   #65
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
Just a little trick ive herd through the grapevine.

set a court date
call in that day that you are supposed to go & say you cant make it, then do that like a lot of times.

by the time you actually go in to court, the cop wont think you will show, so he wont be there. then you automatically win!!

simple???

BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 01:17 AM   #66
oldman
Registered Member

I'm probably a little late but in the hopes you still have time, GET a LAWYER! He can go through the motions and if there's a snowball's chance in Hades, you'll walk away with no moving violation and a reduced charge. If not ask for Deferred Adjudication. It's like probation and it's up to the judge whether or not he wants to go this route but most will if you don't get nasty with him/her. You pay a bit more up front, Example: speeeding ticket fine is 160 and years of higher insurance premiums compared to a 200 dollar fee for the adjudication and no record if you keep your nose clean for 90 days. One caveat. . .if you get anything more than a turn signal ticket in that 90 days, you pay the maximum for the original ticket plus the max for the second one. This works, ask my granite - headed 18 year old.
FYI. . .this works especially well for those of you who have already maxed out your traffic school priveledges for the year.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 11:23 AM   #67
MrJo1094
Registered Member

I got the lawyer,never saw a Judge. Never went to court. WON. Car load of thugs was punking me one night. I thought it was going to mean my car being stolen, or jacked. I left in a hurry. Out running them. I came to 5 complete stops, and even drove slow after each turn, realizing each time they were still back there. Finally after the last turn I decided that if they make this one too, I am going to hit 140 and vanish for good on this stretch. BUT, turns out they pulled off, after 1 turn, and a cop pulled in. Both cars were white, and it was night time. I realized it was a cop since I was driving slow waiting. NO blue lights yet, but did zoom up behind me and light me. I was driving normal then. Pulled over, he wrote me up for running 5 stop signs, and wreckless driving.

BY his own admission, I was NOT evading the law, he had no lights on, or siren. He also had to have given chase to see me run 5 stop signs 8 miles apart. WHICH I didnt run, I waited for him to appear each time befor accelerating. The Judge ripped him apart, he was wreckless driving also, could have killed a citizen too. I was running for my Life, Which I would probably have just pulled into the hospital nearby and gotten security or something, only 1/2 mile from where was pulled over. I am friends with my lawyer. Called him the next morning.

By his own statement, he was condemnd.
MrJo1094 is offline   Reply With Quote