MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-01-2001, 07:33 PM   #21
ThreePonyStable
Registered Member

Another thing with the '93 Cobra is that they made <supposedly> 20 less pound feet of torque than the stock 5.0s. They were rated at 235hp and 280tq. Although I think these numbers are off a friend of mine with nearly the same setup as a Cobra on his LX can only hit 97-100 in the quarter and hasn't seen 13s all year. I blame it on the driver, but seeing his trap speeds, theres not much improvement with street tires.
ThreePonyStable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 08:00 PM   #22
Unit 5302
Registered Member

It's quite simple 1BAD89. LS1 owners and Ricers quote the fastest time for their cars possible. A stock LS1 M6 will run 12.90@108mph, and an Integra Type R will run a 14.6@96mph.

Here in the real world, Mustang guys quote what the car will run with a good driver. Quite frankly, as SaleenGTS has pointed out, his Cobra made 260RWHP nearly stock. Translate that to flywheel hp, figure in the weight, and his car will run right with a stock LS1.

Even the guys at Motor Trend got a 99 Cobra to run a 13.5@105, and they routinely got the 96-98 Cobra's to pull off 14.0@102, and those guys are no 1/4 mile masters.

GM is widely known for giving factory wringer cars to the testers.

Sorry about the awful typo. If the only thing you can find wrong with my post is a spelling error, I'd say I'm doing alright.

(Notice my use of a complex sentance with inverted order there. "If" was at the beginning of the sentance so to signal the use of a subordinate clause. The subordinate clause required the use of a comma to seperate the multiple ideas expressed in the sentance.) In other words, sometimes I don't care what my spelling looks like so I don't always go back and proofread my posts.

I get the distinct feeling all Mustangs are slow in stock form because your car performed poorly.

[This message has been edited by Unit 5302 (edited 11-01-2001).]
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 08:11 PM   #23
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***Sorry about the awful typo. If the only thing you can find wrong with my post is a spelling error, I'd say I'm doing alright.

I was just messing with you, calm down. And my times for my SS are right on.

***(Notice my use of a complex sentance<--- with inverted order there. "If" was at the beginning of the sentance<--- so to signal the use of a subordinate clause. The subordinate clause required the use of a comma to seperate the multiple ideas expressed in the sentance<---.) In other words, sometimes I don't care what my spelling looks like so I don't always go back and proofread my posts.

AHAHA it's Sentence man. ;o) Oh well? At least you can seem to talk big to the uneducated eye.

***I get the distinct feeling all Mustangs are slow in stock form because your car performed poorly.

No I just know how stangs run with just an H-pipe and mufflers. My mustang runs good by the way. ;o)

-1989 GT, not stock.
-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383, RPM air-gap intake, demon carb., tubbed, trick flow TW heads, trick flow pistons, 6" rod's, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, 4 inch cowl hood, Ford 9", auburn Pro-series Posi, Pro-billet distributor, Sanderson Jet-hot coated headers, Custom radiator,4:11 gears, etc..etc...custom 3 inch exhaust and I ran out of room. ;o)

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 11-01-2001).]
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 11:28 PM   #24
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

So I've made another spelling error. Oh no, what am I ever going to do?

Regardless, you know jack **** about how Mustangs run. Maybe it's because you can't drive, or maybe it's something else altogether. At least you've got an automatic to do all the shifting for you now. That way you won't **** up by granny shifting your cars. I don't know why you even hang around the Mustangworks anymore to tell you the truth. You do nothing but rip on just about every Mustang on this board while simultaneously claiming to like Mustangs?

I don't really feel much like calming down to tell you the truth. I've stayed calm watching your bullshit attacks on the Mustang since you picked up that **** pile f body several months ago. I even backed off completely and watched you continue to rip on 'Stangs for a few weeks.

If you really want to know what a Mustang can do, learn how to drive a stick shift and find out. You could just find some one who already knows how to drive and watch them as well. There are guys who can put stock fox bodies into the 13's.

You're correct, the proper spelling is sentence. I don't know why I spelled it sentance. Perhaps it was one of those common mistakes such as spelling maintenance incorrectly as maintenence

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Spelling Bee:I was just messing with you, calm down. (omit And)And (My)my times for my SS are right on.

AHAHA (It's)it's (s)Sentence(,) man. ;o) Oh well(,)? (a)At least you can (omit seem to)seem to talk big (about English) to the uneducated (omit eye)eye.

No(,) I just know how ('S)stangs run with (omit just) just an H-pipe and mufflers. My (M)mustang runs good by the way. ;o)
You're talking about how poor my spelling is; meanwhile, your grammar is terrible. A simple tool that comes with every decent word processing program is the major reason why I don't perform a detailed check for spelling errors. The tool I'm referring to is a spellchecker. Although there is a grammar check, most programs allow you to use, it's archaic in comparison to the spellchecker. The difficulties of creating an artificial intelligence and populating that intelligence’s database with the proper use of the English language are significant.

I don't know when this ridiculous spelling issue became such big problem. Quite frankly, I see typos and misspelled words in many posts by intelligent people here, but you don't see me bringing it up. If it bothers you so much, I suppose you could just leave and find a site that is more open to your negative comments about the performance potential of a stock Mustang.

[This message has been edited by Unit 5302 (edited 11-01-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 12:32 AM   #25
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Wink

***Regardless, you know jack **** about how Mustangs run.

Yup your right I've just ran in the low 12's with a few of them. This is all to funny hearing this from someone that has never raced at a track.

***Maybe it's because you can't drive, or maybe it's something else altogether. At least you've got an automatic to do all the shifting for you now.

The SS is just my daily driver, I like the auto. It's fast and comfy, it's not my racecar. And I got a he!! of a deal on it.

***That way you won't **** up by granny shifting your cars. I don't know why you even hang around the Mustangworks anymore to tell you the truth. You do nothing but rip on just about every Mustang on this board while simultaneously claiming to like Mustangs?

LoL.

***I don't really feel much like calming down to tell you the truth. I've stayed calm watching your bullshit attacks on the Mustang since you picked up that **** pile f body several months ago. I even backed off completely and watched you continue to rip on 'Stangs for a few weeks.

Bullshit attacks huh? I don't know where you are getting that from? But I still see that you are having the female problems huh, so I'm taking it as your just a pissed off guy, letting some steam out? Well it's ok for me, this is just the internet, not my complete life. It'll be alright, just don't be so angry. Another girl will come along man.

I haven't seen ANYWHERE at all that I have been bashing mustangs. WTF are you talking about? You need to get over your insecurities that my sig. says SS. Geez. I was actually just ****** with you about the typo(hell I have typos all the time, no biggy, we all do it)until you pulled this crap, and you were trying to sound intelligent, and then you mispelled sentence over and over. Hell man I didn't do a grammar check on your post...lol

***(Notice my use of a complex sentance with inverted order there. "If" was at the beginning of the sentance so to signal the use of a subordinate clause. The subordinate clause required the use of a comma to seperate the multiple ideas expressed in the sentance.) In other words, sometimes I don't care what my spelling looks like so I don't always go back and proofread my posts.

My point is, everytime I say ANYTHING about how a mustang runs, or anything, you bring up LS1, or my car, and you always say I sh*t talk about mustangs, everytime you say that....I really don't know what your talking about, it's pointless......I don't know what your problem is, I mean what posts have I bashed mustangs? I'd sure like to see them...? Riigghhttt....because there are none. It always starts out with you starting sh*t with me. It's ok though..some people are just angry. But I mean how can you talk crap when you have never raced on a track? Your sh*t talking seems cheap and pointless to me. How's the G-tech doin? SSee ya later. ;o)

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.
-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383, RPM air-gap intake, demon carb., tubbed, trick flow TW heads, trick flow pistons, 6" rod's, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, 4 inch cowl hood, Ford 9", auburn Pro-series Posi, Pro-billet distributor, Sanderson Jet-hot coated headers, Custom radiator,

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 02:45 AM   #26
fastang
Registered Member

Dustins figures are pretty accurate but 1BAD89 definitely knows how mustangs run. He's got experience to back his mouth with that most internet racers do not. Stop attacking eachother over stupid **** . Personaly having an LS1 for a daily driver and a stang as your racecar is fine.

Your average GT would never hang with a Cobra. Mine is a Hartop stickshift with the 308's from the factory at the time. My mods were ADS superchip (the same one I gave to Cam), off road H pipe, and a drop in k&n filter with the factory airbox and the factory catback.

He had a 95 Cobra with an off road H pipe, exhaust system, cold air induction kit, and a pro5.0 shifter.

I had him by a full car at the top of 3rd which is I was crossing the traps at the time, he didnt catch me till 5200 or so in 4th gear. His car had a little better top end than mine.

My car hit a 14.6 @ 96mph on a 2.2 60ft totaly totaly stock. Add my little mods and you get a mid-low 14. Go figure.

I have a hard time believing that a 94-95 Cobra with pullies and a MAF will keep up with an LS1. A 93 with a set of bolt ons and gears might, but no SN95.

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 04:24 AM   #27
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

GO unit! go unit!

ok, i see what he is saying, 1bad89 is cool, but just like the windsor power topic, he (1bad89) is saying how this guys mods wont get him a certain amount of hp? wich it wont, but if your such a mr. goodwrench....help the guy? tell him what he needs, and that his mechanic is totally stupid? thats how i see you bashing, you think you know it all about mustangs, but your here telling us how these cobras and mustangs wont hang, or cant go low 14's?

I agree a little with you, and unit, and like rev mentioned, (and he runs close to me) i have beat 99-01 cobras, it was a vert, with kennybrown suspnsion, he couldnt run better than 14.3.

And all the 94-95 cobras i run, seem to be in the 13.8-14.0 range, stock!! or close to ******
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 08:57 AM   #28
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

[b]fastang[\b]
Nice setup, what are you running? I always wanted to go the Holley route before I got my blowjob and had my pony stroked.

------------------
Dustin
89 Saleen GT Sport,347, TFS Street Heat Intake(port matched),TFS TW Heads(Stage 2),TFS #2 cam,BD-11A 9 psi,Crane 1.6 rr's,BBK 70mm TB,Pro-M 80mm MAF,MSD 6BTM, FMS 9mm wires,BBK longtubes,BBK Short H-pipe,American Thunder cat back,3.55's

516 rwhp
553 rwtq

http://www.mustangworks.com/rides/pictures/Listing1549-slot1.jpg

12.3@119 street tires OLD MOTOR

11.496@121.08slicks OLD MOTOR
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 03:46 PM   #29
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***ok, i see what he is saying, 1bad89 is cool, but just like the windsor power topic, he (1bad89) is saying how this guys mods wont get him a certain amount of hp? wich it wont, but if your such a mr. goodwrench.... help the guy? tell him what he needs, and that his mechanic is totally stupid? thats how i see you bashing, you think you know it all about mustangs, but your here telling us how these cobras and mustangs wont hang, or cant go low 14's?

I never said I was bad a$$ Mr. Goodwrench. And he never asked what he needed to make that hp, he seems pretty content on the engine builder, and what he says. I should've re-phrased what I was saying. I've never seen a 94-95 cobra run 13.8 stock, or a low 14. I just go off what I have seen at the track, but everywhere is diff. You have to have a good driver to get good times, and we all know that there are some unexperienced drivers. But in no way have I bashed mustangs on here at all. I mean I said it would probaly run 1 tenth slower than what you guys said, and I am bashing mustangs? I just don't understand....?

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.
-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383, RPM air-gap intake, demon carb., tubbed, trick flow TW heads, trick flow pistons, 6" rod's, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, 4 inch cowl hood, Ford 9", auburn Pro-series Posi, Pro-billet distributor, Sanderson Jet-hot coated headers, Custom radiator...etc.....

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 11-02-2001).]
Old 11-02-2001, 03:53 PM   #30
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Getting back to the original topic...

I'm sure with better weather, and driving, on my part, my GT could pull a 14.2.

That being said, my cobra beat my GT with me driving the cobra, and not laying rubber down in ANY gear (granny shifting). So I figure with my mods to the cobra, it's gonna run maybe a 13.8-13.9. Meaning about 14.3 stock.

Hope that helps the original question.

------------------
Black 2000 GT Auto
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.
Ran Once, 14.52@96.57 with a 1.32 R/T & 2.3 60'!!

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Headers, Flows, Nittos, K&N filter, Shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 04:27 PM   #31
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

1BAD
Do you have aol or some kind of messeger where we can communicate back and forth with out having to post stuff?

------------------
Dustin
89 Saleen GT Sport,347, TFS Street Heat Intake(port matched),TFS TW Heads(Stage 2),TFS #2 cam,BD-11A 9 psi,Crane 1.6 rr's,BBK 70mm TB,Pro-M 80mm MAF,MSD 6BTM, FMS 9mm wires,BBK longtubes,BBK Short H-pipe,American Thunder cat back,3.55's

516 rwhp
553 rwtq

Old 11-02-2001, 05:18 PM   #32
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Yeah I have AOL, *Burnrubber7*.

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.
-2000 Camaro SS-A4,
-1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383, RPM air-gap intake, demon carb., tubbed, trick flow TW heads, trick flow pistons, 6" rod's, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, 4 inch cowl hood, Ford 9", auburn Pro-series Posi, Pro-billet distributor, Sanderson Jet-hot coated headers, Custom radiator,
Old 11-02-2001, 06:05 PM   #33
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Yea the 94 cobra i raced was on nittos i think, sorry, and maybe had gears, but he clicked off a 13.9 around 101-102, and im just saying what i see at the track, being i live about 5 minutes away from one, and getting ready to go right now....see ya'll around, im gonna go race a 97 t/a with an auto and some mods, his best was 13.9 @ 100, so we know we will be a close run peace....

and no problems here 1bad.

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, energy susp trans mounts, fms hd clutch, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

someday mods:4.10's, slicks.
Old 11-02-2001, 07:15 PM   #34
Unit 5302
Registered Member

It's not girl issues, lol. I think it may have to do with this ******* client making some ridiculous demands at the workplace though. Basically the job is suckin *** for the moment. Don't all these millonaires have something better to do with their time????

I really should blast you that hard. I think most of the time we agree on **** , just almost never on the stock performance of the Mustang.

So lata, 1BAD89.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:37 PM   #35
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Sorry to here about your client situation....
See ya.
Old 11-02-2001, 09:58 PM   #36
fastang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SaleenGTS:
[b]fastang[\b]
Nice setup, what are you running? I always wanted to go the Holley route before I got my blowjob and had my pony stroked.

Thanks but I would MUCH rather have your setup The car put down 282RWHP when the intake and heads were coated with oil. My intake was sucking oil through the PCV valve. Now that I have stopped the problem and had time to burn the oil that was left the car feels much better. I think it is closer to 300 now.

I went to Fontana and ran pretty bad, I spun through first and second, then bogged third to a 14.0 @ 101. Hopefully Im meeting Sky at Carlsbad tommorow and using his slicks. I should get a decent time with a little traction.

------------------
95GT, TFS T.W. heads, Holley Intake, B303 cam, FRPP 30lb injectors, Scorpion 1.6 rollers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, March Pulleys, MSD coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550 trans, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors. 190lph pump, BBK adj FPR.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 12:00 AM   #37
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Well the guy i mentioned in the 97 t/a lost, i put at least a car lngth on him all the way down the track, and, i even spun almost all the way through 2nd, sorry to get off the subject though but i had a heck of a time! saw an all motor stang running 10.50s at 126 mph. i'll make another topic about that.

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, energy susp trans mounts, fms hd clutch, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

someday mods:4.10's, slicks.
Old 11-06-2001, 01:34 AM   #38
rollin68
Registered Member

Just for some more info...stock 01 Cobra ran 13.66@104.97 with a 2grand launch in 5.0 Mustang...and 99 Cobra did 13.9@102.4 in Motor Trend...there's some more figures for ya

------------------
68 fastback
mod 289, C4, 3.55s, 2 chamber flows
rollin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 10:01 AM   #39
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

The only thing you have to watch out for in motor trend, car and driver and road and track is that their times are corrected....I don't think 5.0's and MM&FF's are....correct me if I am wrong, I very well may be, but that is what I heard.

------------------
Dustin

516 rwhp
553 rwtq

Old 11-06-2001, 10:53 PM   #40
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Their "stock" SS on street tires ran a 12.7, that is why I think some of there times are BS. ;o\ And their stock Lightning ran a 13.31@104 on street tires. Most mag's are BS.

------------------
-1989 GT, not stock.
-2000 Camaro SS-A4,

[This message has been edited by 1BAD89 (edited 11-06-2001).]