MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2001, 05:43 AM   #1
st00pid
Registered Member

Post Must've been a 4 cyl mustang

http://www.houston-imports.com/10sec.html

...Or a V8 Civic...

Lets see what your excuses are...
bad launch
full out race civic
stock mustang
I would still rather have a mustang
a rocket powered turd is still a turd

let me know if you have anymore

------------------
92 honda civic
10.987 @ 131.5
full interior and street driven
Old 03-11-2001, 09:09 AM   #2
inferno
The Instigator

You oughta put my asbestos suit on now....cuz the flames are going to come down....I should know.
Old 03-11-2001, 10:13 AM   #3
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

What are you doing st00pid? People here are not interested in bashing you. A 10 second street driven civic is very impressive, even to domestic owners. We here at stang works are automobile enthusiests, not import hating red necks. If someone can build a car like that and still be a nice guy and respect other drivers, even thought thier cars might be slower, then that guy/girl is ok in our book. I liked the video, and i'm sure i'd like your car in person. Not all import drivers are ricers. Don't come here trying to rub it in our faces and you won't get flamed. We have several import drivers here that are productive members of a great site. If you'd like to hang around and play nice, you'll find that you won't get a warmer welcome and more support any where. Not even on other import sites. Thanks for the video. Hope to see you around, being hospitible of course. Light Em Up!
Old 03-11-2001, 11:57 AM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Hey stupid, ur uh st00pid. Have you come here to antagonize us or have you come here to just talk about respectable cars? If it's the latter reason (I hope), then WELCOME ABOARD, if not well, I'm sure you can figure it out.

BTW, my sentiments are similar to NoSlow5.0's. Just b/c this is a Mustang board doesn't mean we don't want import drivers here. What we don't want here, however, are "ricers."

Peace.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Old 03-11-2001, 01:20 PM   #5
st00pid
Registered Member

Actually it seems that no matter where I post that even on an import board, There is ALWAYS someone making an excuse of why I beat them instead of just accepting the fact the my car make a ridiculous amount of Hp for a 4 cyl and its a fast car.. I appreciate your intelligence.

------------------
92 honda civic
10.987 @ 131.5
Old 03-11-2001, 03:22 PM   #6
inferno
The Instigator

Quote:
Originally posted by st00pid:
Actually it seems that no matter where I post that even on an import board, There is ALWAYS someone making an excuse of why I beat them instead of just accepting the fact the my car make a ridiculous amount of Hp for a 4 cyl and its a fast car.. I appreciate your intelligence.

My name should be familiar to you from another board where I am a moderator(I won't say the name although several members here already know which one). I honestly think the reason that people didn't want to believe your story on that other board is simple: jealousy. You built something that most of them could only dream about and they don't want to think that it is possible because they haven't done it first. Most of the guys on this site are cool, although there are a few guys that are always going to try to prove you wrong(not mentioning any names like Unit, fastang, rev ) anytime you have a comment about an import related post, but other than that, very good car people. Unit seems to be very knowledgeable about engines in general and it could be that he just wants to pick on me. So welcome aboard and I hope your stay is a pleasant one.

------------------
"I know you don't really wanna, unleash the dragon..." Sisqo
Old 03-11-2001, 04:57 PM   #7
Fostang
Registered Member

tisk tisk tisk. How can a person with the knowlege to built such a quick honda be so arrogant.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Old 03-11-2001, 06:17 PM   #8
lx mike
Undescribable

lets see topic is " must have been a 4 cyl mustang" then first line is "or a v-8 civic" then you say " lets see what your excuses are"

looks like you are trolling for a flame party now! maybe it's the way you word it that bring the excuses. instead of gloating that you beat a mustang just post about your times that u run, might get a better responce.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
Old 03-11-2001, 06:47 PM   #9
2MFF

Jason (stOOpid),

Cars are just nuts and bolts, period. From the factory is one thing, modifying them is another. It appears from your mods and the picture that your car is very nice and runs extremely well. If YOU did the work yourself, I applaud what appears (said only because I have not seen it up close) a quality job. If you PAID for it then great, but anyone can write a check. But lets face it, your car is more of a contraption than a car. "shett metal oil pan", "sheet metal intake", "24 psi boost", etc.... Know this, it takes a hell of a lot less mods to get a V8 car (even a heavy one) into the 10's.
Nice job, but come on.

Old 03-11-2001, 07:34 PM   #10
st00pid
Registered Member

Ive built several mustangs the slowest one was a stock motored 95 cobra with a turbo at 9 psi, went high 11's work on team KFC with mark harwell to go 8.50 @ 160. My civic is Just as you would get it from the factory except that I turboed it to make around 480hp. Any one can make a fast RWD V8 car, but a fast FWD 4 cyl with full interior and a jammin stereo, thats a challenge. After reading the posts where some guy posted my civic and a viper racing and there were a lot of flames.. I figured Id see what kind of flames you guys would give me. But I was suprised to see that there are some intelligent life on this board.

------------------
92 honda civic
10.987 @ 131.5
Old 03-11-2001, 07:42 PM   #11
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

It seems like so many of the import guys who come here have such a chip on their shoulder. As has been said before, we here at Mustangworks applaud anyone who can build a fast A$$ car. If you want to do it in a Honda, then so be it. It really doesn't matter to most of us. I bought a Mustang cause I don't have enough money to start out in such a performance hole, as I would have been in if I bought say, an Si, or an Integra. Bottom line is, I love my stang, you love your import. No one is trying to say that Hondas suck, its just that this is a MUSTANG site, so obviously, the talk will relate mostly to stangs. But, if youre here to stay, welcome.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
Old 03-11-2001, 09:06 PM   #12
st00pid
Registered Member

I too chose a car to modify that I could afford, But my friends have cars that would blow my civic away, and still do.It gives me something to work for. Someday I hope to be able to keep up with them in the civic, but Im also working on a 92 mustang, built stock block with a YS trim. I dont keep up with either side too much.. Im just trying to go as fast as possible.

------------------
92 honda civic
10.987 @ 131.5
Old 03-12-2001, 12:54 AM   #13
gp001
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Nice job ! Still looks civil and kicks *** . Do you have any pics of the engine, I would love to see the work you have done. I do have one small question: HOW THE HELL DO YOU DRIVE IT? I couldn't imagine that power to weight ratio in a FWD car. I bet you piss off a lot of the Vette/Viper crowd, they seem to take it the hardest. One of friends had a PINK turbo'd bug that ran in the 9's, it REALLY pisses people off when it smokes them.

------------------
347, 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, 4 wheel power disc
In a 66 coupe
Old 03-12-2001, 01:14 AM   #14
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Hmmmmm.... Time for me to chime in.

I've got to direct a question at inferno, since I actually trust most of what comes out of his mouth. Do you really think a stock '92 Civic with just a turbo can do what this guy claims?

I believe you posted previously that the Civic's axles could handle 400hp, but the tranny couldn't. I also think slapping only a wild *** turbo onto a '92 Civic would more likely lead to 250hp max and at best 13's without other engine work. Also, seems like your car is supposed to trap in the 120's with only 350hp, how is he getting low 130's with another 130hp? Just like it came from the factory with a turbo is BS in my opinion. That thing would have to be running an ungodly amount of boost.

I'm calling BS on the factory Civic making 480hp without extensive mods, and a different engine altogether.
Old 03-12-2001, 01:27 AM   #15
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Well he did say he had a 1.8L GSR engine.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:31 AM   #16
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

<-- (Stands behind unit with his arms crossed and a frown awaiting answers to the questions and infernos responce. )

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-TFS Heads, E-303 Cam, Edelbrock Intake, and more. Added Eibach drag launch springs and 70/30's w/ 50/50's.
0-110MPH In car view (963k)
All Throttle through 3 gears! (497k)
<A HREF="http://members.aol.com/lskymanl/burnout.mpg" TARGET=_b
Old 03-12-2001, 09:37 AM   #17
Jaydee
Registered Member

Just checking - Is this a real time video? Putting a stop watch on it from launch to the flash of the win light comming on is around 12.5 seconds. This thing does haul a** though.
Old 03-12-2001, 10:57 AM   #18
Z28EATR
Registered Member

is that a 1\4 or 1\8?? no flame i just dont know.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:47 AM   #19
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by stOOpid: My civic is Just as you would get it from the factory except that I turboed it to make around 480hp. Any one can make a fast RWD V8 car, but a fast FWD 4 cyl with full interior and a jammin stereo, thats a challenge.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King:
Well he did say he had a 1.8L GSR engine.
Where did you see that he had a GSR motor? I don't see it posted anywhere. Also inferno is doing more than that to his car, yet he isn't crazy enough to claim that kind of hp.

If he's ripping off 131mph in the 1/8 I'll trade my Mustang for a Corolla, Z28EATR

Old 03-12-2001, 12:02 PM   #20
Z28EATR
Registered Member

i trade my stang for one to, but i only saw where he claimed to have run 10's at 130's the video i watched didnt show trap time, at least i didnt think it did.
Closed Thread