MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 12:03 PM   #21
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

It seems one active topic disapeared from yesterday... Remember KewKewKew and his post about Hondas handing there asz to Stangs or something like that... twilight zone.

Anyways in there he was saying that the engine was a GSR 1.8L VTEC.
Old 03-12-2001, 12:12 PM   #22
Z28EATR
Registered Member

here is the same car but i cant really tell what his time is http://www.houston-imports.com/vsalbert.html
Old 03-12-2001, 01:01 PM   #23
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Cool, sorry Lizard King I wasn't looking in other posts. Well hell... Then is it stock of the floor with a turbo, or is it a GSR motor and tranny? Plus even a GSR motor is going to need extensive modification beyond a bolt on turbo to make anywhere near 480hp.

I'm calling TROLL based on inconsistancies in his BS.

If you wish to prove me wrong stOOpid make a complete mod list. It had better be reasonable, cause we will find out if you know your **** .

Plus even a GSR motor is going to need extensive modification beyond a bolt on turbo to make anywhere near 480hp.
Old 03-12-2001, 01:35 PM   #24
gp001
Registered Member

Just to let everyone know, you can go to his site on Houston Imports to read his mods, that's what I did. It definately aint stock, but looks like a quality job. From his mod list it appears he's put a lot of work into it.

------------------
347, 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, 4 wheel power disc
In a 66 coupe
Old 03-12-2001, 01:38 PM   #25
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question

I actually downloaded that video with this ******* 33.6 modem. That's how bad I wanted to see some sort of validity to this. The video didn't show the time well enough for me either.

What was that car in the first lane? Looked like a first Gen RX-7? The fastest RX-7 in the world has barely cracked the 9's. That Civic got slaughtered and that was no 9sec RX-7. I'm calling total BS. The video appeared to be sped up, not realtime, and it still took a full 13 sec for the Civic to cross the line. If you look at the 131mph claimed trap speed and the 10.987 time, that would have suggested serious traction issues, there is no device to enhance the pathetic FWD cars traction, also the tires do not appear to be sticking way the hell out of his fenderwells. Having no traction devices and what appears to be stock tire size would say that if he was running very high 10's@131mph, he'd be having traction problems, not bogging problems (or just lack of low end) as was the case here. The Civic just got raped out of the hole by the silver unidentified vehicle (Gen I RX-7?). All in all, there best be some serious explaination here.
Old 03-12-2001, 02:16 PM   #26
st00pid
Registered Member

I will be out at Rivercity Raceway near San Antonio this weekend, March 18. Unit 5302, you need to climb out from under the rock in the backwoods where you have been hiding.. There are FWD cars running low 9s and one car that went 8.58 @ over 170. My car is a street car. I have all of the interior in it and a nice stereo. So Im ONLY running a high 10. Should'nt be that hard for you to understand.

In one of the vids on that site I went 11.022, on another I went 11.4. hopefully this weekend Ill be able to hit a mid 10 at around 135. Go ahead and call BS.. it makes you look really stoopid and ignorant.

------------------
92 honda civic
10.987 @ 131.5
full interior and street driven
Old 03-12-2001, 02:19 PM   #27
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Question

• stock bore
• stock stroke
• stock crank
• aftermarket rods and pistons
• CR: 9.5:1
• resleeved
• sheet metal oil pan
• stock oil squirters
• ported head
• stainless steel valves
• upgraded springs
• civic type r cams
• adjustable cam gears
• sheet metal intake manifold
• overbored GSR TB
• external fuel system with 1000hp pump and regulator
• 850cc injectors
• # 8 steel braided line
• upgraded fuel rail
• custom stainless steel manifold
• 40mm wastegate
• 60-1 turbo
• custom 3" downpipe
• prorammable engine management
• electronic boost controller with remote switch
• fully adjustable coilover suspension
• 16" wheels and tires
• 6 pt roll cage
• EGT, Boost, oil pressure, fuel pressure, 10Krpm Tach, water temp
• CD player and 1150 watt amp 10in sub and 6 mids and highs
• big front mount intercooler 2.5in inlet and out
• approximately: 480hp, 340tq
• 24psi boost

There is his mod list from www.houston-imports.com.

I don't recall the Civic running right off the factory floor with a GSR motor? Or a bunch of sheetmetal crap, cams, headwork, and aftermarket rods and pistons. Although I doubt the GSR crank/block could handle 480hp made with a 9.5:1 with 24lb boost. I'm assuming the tranny is from a GSR too, although the mod list doesn't list a GSR motor in it at all? It lists stock bore/stroke, which would indicate to me it's a Civic motor, a 92 Civic motor without V-Tech no less. Basically, 480hp should be much better than ultra high 10's on a 2200lb go-kart with a trunk.
Old 03-12-2001, 03:55 PM   #28
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Lightbulb

If I need to crawl out from under a rock, you need to drop out of the clouds, stOOpid.

You seem like all rice to me, you just can't answer a straight question can you? No matter how many questions pop up, and no matter how many inconsistencies I find in your statements, you simply cannot address a single on of them. In fact I had to take time out of my day and attempt to figure out what part of your story, if not all of it, was BS. I downloaded both video's, neither displayed a readable time, in the second you got cleaned up by what appears to be a first Gen RX-7. Pathetic, really. I haven't heard of any Gen I RX-7's that run 10's, in fact like I pointed out, the fastest RX-7 in the world runs 9's, and that was not it. BTW, the RX-7 is also RWD just so you know to add that to your wealth of knowledge to call upon at a later date that suits you. Furthermore, why is it every ricers NEED to point out that there are fast FWD cars somewhere? It's like a stock Civic Si owner coming on here tooting his horn about how he cleaned up a Mustang Cobra because his buddy's, buddy's, brother's, uncle's, daughter's, boyfriend said he saw a Civic Si run a 13.0 one time.

You could have simply not lied and said your car was a stock with a turbo, (maybe it is and you're full of **** , which I think you are but in another way) or you could have addressed the questions presented to you. Instead you've decided to call me "stoopid" (which is actually spelled stupid, you really should at least spell your own catch phrase correctly) and babble on about rocks and some wigged out, drag slicked, hollow shell of a FWD car that can run 8's. Yes, yes, that's all fine and good, but there are RWD Mustang's running 6's at 200! So yea! I'm soooo impressed.

When your overboosted Civic shoots the crankshaft through the bottom of that hamster of a motor, give me a call, I'll be happy to drive my Mustang down there and tow your sorry *** back to the junkyard your car came out of.

No hard feelings... I realize you're not that smart so I won't hold it against you.
Old 03-12-2001, 04:26 PM   #29
Fostang
Registered Member

When I read it and it said a stock out of the factory engine running 10's with just turbo made me think for a while also. But I was in a hurry to to post anything. Time to get out the fishing boots out again cuzz this bs is up to my waist. If you can run 10's with a stock even gsr engine and some turbo I'm about to sell my fastback and get one of those. Therefore I call it bs. I've seen a stock si vtech with a hole lot of turbo bost run MID 13's but that engine went to hell in 6 runs. There is no way a turbo is going to knock 5 seconds off anyones time.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Old 03-12-2001, 05:59 PM   #30
fastang
Registered Member

Inferno: I realy dont like how you refered to me in your first post. If I came off as stubborn or ignorant to you it wasnt my purpose. Im not the kind of person to flame or contest every Honda timeslip. I do remember contesting that a stock U.S. released ITR could hit a 14.6 though. I just dont like people coming to a mustang site with a video of some random guy in a stang getting beat by a Honda and then being an a$$ about it by listing excuses we might say before anyone even has a chance to post. I mean I sure wouldnt get a video of a 6 second Pro 5.0 stang kicking the $hit out of a civic and post it at ClubSI with a rude title and then talk $hit. Its doesnt have any purpose. Maybe make the topic name "My turbo civic VS a stang" or something but not "must've been a 4 cyl stang"

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
Old 03-12-2001, 06:51 PM   #31
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

This computer has no sound, so I really haven't addressed that possibility yet. Did you see the way he got creamed by that Gen I RX-7? Maybe it was a 4banger he raced?

Hahahaha!
Old 03-12-2001, 06:59 PM   #32
fastang
Registered Member

This ten second civic also gets 27 miles per gallon.
Old 03-12-2001, 07:59 PM   #33
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Hey Unit,

If you're talking about that other car on the link Z28EATR posted, that's a Dodge Viper with gobs of traction. Looks like an RT/10 with a hard top.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Old 03-12-2001, 09:09 PM   #34
st00pid
Registered Member

We'll just settle this.. I will be at the track in San Antonio TX this weekend. According to Unit, My car is a 13 sec car. So I invite ANYONE to come out and see me run. IF I dont run at least a low 11 then Ill come back on here a completely apologize and send Unit a check for $100. And Ill post a video of me apologizing and writing the check. Sound fair to you Unit?

Oh yea... What the hell is your obsession with RX7s?? it was a 99 Viper RT. that ran a 10.6 with a red light. I only went a 11.4. Maybe your rock doesnt have enough room under it to fit a nice computer screen. (No sound either?? -poor thing)

------------------
92 honda civic
10.987 @ 131.5
Old 03-12-2001, 09:18 PM   #35
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Red face

Allright, I knew I thought I saw a mopar type grill on the car. It's a bad movie, hard to tell, if that's a Viper your car is running hard.

Yes, no sound does bite royal *** ! If my new box would get here the problem would be fixed already. Don't even pretend to know how bad, cause you don't. NO SOUND BITES *** !!!! My monitor is a 17" trinitron, no problems there.

I'm gonna stand by the fact that you came after me, all I wanted was a real mod list. Had you come across with you mod list like I had to hunt down, you would have been received without flaming. Your car isn't anywhere near a stock Civic with a turbo, what got you flamed was misrepresenting what you had.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:52 PM   #36
SMOKE
Old School ROUSH

Cool

I guess we'll be tuning in this weekend for the results.

Wish I could be there to see the run.
Old 03-12-2001, 10:44 PM   #37
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

DAMN, I wanna see a video guys... DAMN. I'm in Canada, SNOW, you know. I need a video of this sh*t going down.

BTW, did anyone notice that the Kewkewkew topic disapeared from yesterday's posting. Was it getting bad in there?

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Old 03-13-2001, 02:42 AM   #38
inferno
The Instigator

Ok, I here is what I have to say regarding this subject; Unit, a stock b-series tranny is deep into the 9's(9.21). A stock H series tranny is in the 8's. These are on cars with over 600whp. Also, I am doing less to my car then he has done(at least I plan on doing less....but who knows) and that is why I am only shooting for 350whp. I also don't plan on having to boost more than 15lbs to reach my goal....if I were to turn up the boost(with a 9:1 compression ratio and my mods, I could boost over 20), I could have better HP after tuning(of course I would need bigger injectors...I am only going to get 550cc's). 480 hp is good enough to get his car into the high 9's with the proper suspension work and dropping his weight to around 2,000lbs(his car probably weighs about 2,600lbs). You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, and you don't have to believe him either.
Old 03-13-2001, 08:07 AM   #39
dinomite
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by st00pid:
In one of the vids on that site I went 11.022, on another I went 11.4. hopefully this weekend Ill be able to hit a mid 10 at around 135. Go ahead and call BS.. it makes you look really stoopid and ignorant.
I am totally with unit. If you would read anything else on this board, you would see that he knows what he is talking about, be it civics, rx-7s, or mustangs. Take your stupid *** down to the racetrack and prove what you say. And race YOUR car, don't bring someone elses. It's very hard to believe that your are making 480hp with your mod list. Do we know what a dyno is? or do you just pull these things out of the air?
Old 03-13-2001, 10:15 AM   #40
st00pid
Registered Member

Yea.. my car Dyno'ed 417 to the wheels, SAE corrected. That was on pump gas at 19psi boost. When I ran a 10.9 I was running 24psi on 118 octane.. Any other questions?

------------------
92 honda civic
10.987 @ 131.5
Closed Thread