MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 12:19 PM   #21
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

2MFF has been diagnosed as having CRIS(Cranial Rectile Inversion Syndrome). This condition is directly related to the amout of crap coming out of the infected persons mouth. Should the problem persist, Contact a Doctor imediatly.

B.S. it is recommended to have infected persons rinse their mouths out with Listerine before comunacating with others.

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
94 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
Old 03-13-2001, 12:46 PM   #22
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

This has got to be the most hillarious thing
I have heard. Reminds me of last night on
the way home a 86-89 accord lx with some
nasty ground effects comes up next to us on
the wet street and revs. My husband and I
just looked over at it, like, what the F***
was that? It just amazed me that some one
who drives that could think they could touch
my car. I know it could not, that was my
first car, a 87 Accord. Solara is nice but
not that d*** nice.

------------------
94 Mustang Cobra: off-road h-pipe, 3:73 gears, motersports underdrive pulleys, MAC cold air induction, MAC 1 1/2 inch lowering springs, K&N Air filter, Maximum Motersports caster/camber plates. steeda tri-ax shifter, Motorsports King Cobra Clutch with Steeda Cable Linkage.(its a gripper!)
94 Thunderbird SC: only mod is a K&N air filter. But she runs very well and hard.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:58 PM   #23
2MFF

Oh..I see now, it's OK too make wild claims when you are driving a "Cobra" (ooooh 4.6 liters of spookiness), but not OK when you drive anything else. I read all these "kill" stories where the Cobra kills it's equally powered rival by ridiculous lengths and you all get giddy and wet all over each other. But when someone claims to beat a Cobra you all jump all over them with every excuse imaginable. I kill'd it, and kill'd it good.
As for getting the year wrong, I apologize. I should have realized Ford recalled them because they lied about the rated horsepower and got called on it. Hey, maybe the BS Cobra owners on here worked for Ford. Not to mention it was a POS and there are class action lawsuits against Ford.
Cobra

Old 03-13-2001, 10:10 PM   #24
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Ok, fine, you killed SOMETHING resembling a cobra. It was either a V6 automatic stang with cobra badges, or it was not racing you, and was in fact laughing at you because you were trying to race a COBRA in a SOLARA! I dont believe you even have a Solara, I really just think you are a troll, but if you do have one, and beat something resembling a cobra, then more power to you. You can take your choice:

A. It wasnt a Cobra
B. It was a Cobra, but wasnt racing.
C. You have a nitrous kit, and just havent admitted it to us yet.
D. You need to get a life, and stop posting BS at legitimate Auto sites.

Other than that, just let this topic go. No one here cares about your POS toyota. It takes a lot to get me mad, but you have definitely suceeded. So, mission accomplished for you, now go away.

Mustangworks guys, do not post anymore to this topic, someone lock this thread please.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
Old 03-13-2001, 10:20 PM   #25
2MFF

Red face

See, excuses

Old 03-13-2001, 10:29 PM   #26
Bad Dad
Registered Member

Thumbs down

I..........I.............don't know what to say!

------------------
[b]'99 Cobra Electric Green/Medium Parchment Assembled 04/10/99 1464 of 4040
K Charger Filter, Nitto DR's, Steeda Tr-ax Shifter, March Pully's, 3.73 gears, Superchip
FIX Pre 255RWHP 264RWTQ Post 274RWHP 275RWTQ After Mods 307RWHP 304RWTQ
FRPP Shorty Headers, Bassani High Flow Cats to X-pipe, Dynomax Ultra Flow Cat Back
Steeda Variable Rate Springs, Tokico Illumina 5 position strut,Koni 2 way adjustable shocks,

Old 03-13-2001, 10:38 PM   #27
GP6T
Registered Member

I've seen 2MFF's car run and like I said before it runs HARD. I think he must have a gutted x pipe and some kind of HOT shifter and a K&N to make that thing run like it does. His car is truly a "FREAK".
Old 03-13-2001, 10:38 PM   #28
fastang
Registered Member

GP6T, Arent you the same guy that was posting your "Beacon of Reality" about how a modded cobra couldnt have possibly taken a stock LS1 by 2 carlengths? You were quoting hp numbers and gear/trans ratios saying that we were idiots.
Well whats the hp on a Solara ? I bet its not over 200. But its gonna kill a car with 120 more hp BAD right? Take your beacon of reality and shove it. Your both a couple of flaming Trolls.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
Old 03-13-2001, 11:39 PM   #29
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

This is the technical data from Motortrend for your POS Solara;

http://www.motortrend.com/mar99/miusa/toyotaC.htm
• 0-60 in 7.1 seconds and quatermile in 15.6/90.4-mph

The same magazine states the Mustang GT (not even Cobra runs - "...0-60 mph in 5.4 seconds and a 14.0-second/100.2-mph quarter-mile run.

Which means you are running in the same area as a Chevy Malibu family car 15.8/89.2MPH...

Is your Solara stock?
Old 03-13-2001, 11:55 PM   #30
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

So you own 4 cars? Plus a have access to a company car that you modded? What have you done to this Solara...
Old 03-14-2001, 12:11 AM   #31
2MFF

LizardKing - Yes I OWN 4 cars and a truck, AND have a company car (negotiated in my contract because I did not want to put alot of miles on my own car - I have a 40mi each way drive). I have done some exhaust mods and changed the shifter. Don't worry, your 13.6 Stang is safe up there in CanaDUH.
Thanks fer askin.
OK.... now more of the chronys that usually follow can now post.

Old 03-14-2001, 12:18 AM   #32
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

How old are you??? 4 cars and 1 truck plus a company car.

Need details on the Stangs...
Old 03-14-2001, 12:28 AM   #33
ed1371
Registered Member

You seem very proud of yourself that you supposedly "beat" a Cobra. You Also seem to think that all of us here regard it as the ultimate mustang...

Not true.

A Cobra is nothing more than a mildly hopped up version of the regular Stang. (before the rest of you start getting antsy hear me out.)

As far as 1/4 mi times, a regular stang can easily attain the same numbers as the cobra with some well chosen mods.

Just go away and dream about actually owning a mustang ok?

(cobra owners: Dont get me wrong, I love 'em but I dont think they are the end all when they are stock)

------------------
My Mustang
91 LX Conv. 52,000 orig mi. Hurst shifter,King Cobra clutch, 3.55 grs, NOS 150 dry kit, MSD 6al, MSD timing control, malory coil, pullies, fms adj fuel reg, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm maf, battery in trunk, JBA shorties, JBA subs, JBA strut tower brc, dynomax "super turbo" 2 1/2 exhaust, FMS billit distrib, Hotchkis lower cntrl arms, MAC Fenderwell cold air kit, off road h pipe.
Old 03-14-2001, 01:20 AM   #34
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Guys, just ignore him. He is obviously a troll. He didnt even put his email address, or where he is from in his profile. Who knows what his fixation is with Solara's but him and his friend GP6T ("his car is a freak") should just be ignored. Mustangworks is a great site, and we dont need 13 year olds with access to mommy's computer to be messing it up. For the love of God, just IGNORE these guys.
Old 03-14-2001, 01:21 AM   #35
2MFF

Well Ed, I will have to introduce myself to you after I introduce myself to fastang at the Carlsbad meet. I was planning on bringing the Solara as a gag, but I'm gonna bring my 408 stroker 90LX. Then we'll see just how big your & fastangs mouths really are. You might want to read your own f'in posts:
"You Also seem to think that all of us here regard it as the ultimate mustang..."
Then you say:
"(cobra owners: Dont get me wrong, I love 'em but I dont think they are the end all when they are stock)"
So apparently even you are aware of the feeling of Cobra owners, or you wouldn't have added your wussy disclaimer.
See ya at Carlsbad.

Old 03-14-2001, 01:44 AM   #36
ed1371
Registered Member

I am aware that ppl get attached to thier cars..nothing more.

I take it you are one of the corral members...why are you making them look bad?

You going to Carlsbad?

Bring it

(all your posts are belong to us)
Old 03-14-2001, 01:45 AM   #37
2MFF

Stoplightwarrior - I don't put my personal info on anything, I get enough junk mail & e-mail. Just as you used an @iwon.com address I used an @yahoo address when I signed up, big deal. What does my e-mail address have to do with anything? You want to send me a love note? Cause if you want to refute what I say you can do it right here on the board, that's what they're for.
So keep studying.

Old 03-14-2001, 03:06 AM   #38
46stang
Registered Member

please bring the Solara thing! I have a 96 gt that's craving rice. I'll be at carlsbad. the dispute is with your Toyota not your 400ci. lx. Lets see the FREAK car. It has to be on juice.

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 99 intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies, 373's, 70mm t/b, gutted maf, bassani x-pipe w/cats, ultraflow catback,iat mod, home depot ram air, k@n. fms spings, tri-ax shifter.
Old 03-14-2001, 03:28 AM   #39
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Ok, just curious, not trying to be a dick or anything, but what is your purpose here? If you want to talk stangs, like your 408 Stroker LX, then do so in a proper manner. It is just hard to believe you are here with good intentions, since you started off with the Solara beats Cobra story.
Its true that anything can happen on the streets, so maybe it happened...just please agree that equal drivers, no stock Solara will beat a Stock Cobra. Second, there is no chance you got that big of a "freak" from the factory. You are down like 130hp, and both cars are comparable in weight. Anyway, lets move on. If you like stangs, glad to have you here. Just carry yourself in a different manner, or every post will be a battle. Let's hear about your lx. Peace
Old 03-14-2001, 09:04 AM   #40
88GT5.013.02

This is total b.s., my friend has a Solara. NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Closed Thread