MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2001, 01:44 PM   #21
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

2MFF: If you really did beat the Cobra, then that's cool. If you really are going to be a friendly member of the Mustangworks community, then welcome. It just seemed like you were here only to start flames and so forth. Also, you must admit that you talked some trash about this site and its members. I can understand if you were mad cause no one believed your story. Basically, the way I feel about it is this: Maybe you did beat the Cobra, anything can happen on the street, I know, but there must have been extenuating circumstances because no high 13 sec car will just lose to a low 15 sec one without some sort of thing going wrong. Unfortunately, without some sort of proof of what your Toyota can do, i.e timeslip, video, etc, no one here is just going to believe that. I say, just let it drop, and If youd like to stay around, youre welcome to.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 07:34 PM   #22
Rev
Registered Member

Stoplight, do Solaras really run low 15's? That seems pretty quick to me for a Camry. I would have guessed mid 16's.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 10:23 PM   #23
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Rev, I might have pulled that figure out of my *** . Dont quote me on that one. I just thought I remembered someone in one of the other 2MFF threads saying that. I really dont know though.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
Old 03-17-2001, 12:30 AM   #24
rbatson

Someone qouted mid 15s in the other thread, I just read it. That was irratating. Reminds me of the flybys I occasionally get...

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 03-17-2001, 01:18 AM   #25
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Talking

GOOOD KILL man my neighbor used to have a duster with a slant 6 that ran about like that toyota is was stock as a rock but out of the hole he could never keep the front wheels on the ground Wait a minute that was the uncontrolible bouncing from the bad shocks

------------------
86 GT FOR SALE
project BLACK DEATH 88GT
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 12:19 PM   #26
46stang
Registered Member

you guys are too freaking funny. Stoplightwarrior I was actually believing your post at first, after all they put the 5.0 in the mazda miata's. Damb i'm gullable. 198 mph thats funny.
so 2MFF are you going to bring the freak to carlsbad?

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 99 intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies, 373's, 70mm t/b, gutted maf, bassani x-pipe w/cats, ultraflow catback,iat mod, home depot ram air, k@n. fms spings, tri-ax shifter.
46stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 06:00 PM   #27
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Cool

Hey 2fastLx, better watch that smack!, i have a 73 slant 6 Duster(no lie) and i put a bunch of stickers on it and swapped out the bench seat for some buckets out of a pontiac grand prix. Better watch out now,those GM seats added a substantial amount of power. I'd say enough to pick on the new streat bruisers from dodge. That's right! I spanked a NEON with a fart pipe and racing stripes last week. Not to mention the Viper. What a slow piece that thing was. Light Em Up!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2001, 08:51 PM   #28
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Hey I'm gonna bump the timing on my Yugo throw some blue ovals on it and run Pro 5.0! What do you guys think!

I'm thinking like 3.5 @ 370 mph maybe?
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 01:35 AM   #29
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

There I was, getting ready for the ultimate 3 way race.

In my corner I had a 386sx 33Mhz, I was running Windows 2k on it. It was a total freak! Most 386's would have collapsed just trying to load the program, but strangely my 160mb hard drive was also a freak! I had Windows 2k, and about 50 other programs on it, just crazy. I'm just pleased that I can download videos with my 2400baud modem faster than they can play!

Anyway, in the another corner it was a brand new AMD Athelon 1.2Ghz box, loaded. DMA/100 hard drive, DSL, Ethernet card, everything. It was pretty bad *** !

The final runner was a brand new 2001 PIV 1.5Ghz Dell box. It had the new 64mb Geforce graphics card, turtle beach santa cruz, DMA/100 hard drive, ethernet card, a T3 connection. Totally tweeked out!

Anyway, our race was to download Red Alert 2 off an internet site, install it, run it, and be the first one to actually have the game start!

Ready... set... GO! We boot up, my 386 being seasoned got the jump right there, I was already dialing up the web when the other two guys were still loading Windows! Ha sucka's!

Once they were up all they had to do was double click and they are on the net, good thing my modem is a freak, it connected in like 12sec! I was a little behind at that point , but my **** loads so fast, the site was up and I was downloading before the T-3! My lead just kept getting bigger and bigger while I was downloading. It was sick, those new boxes are just slow.

Anyway, I was done downloading like 30 sec faster than the PIV, the AMD box was still going, it was wayyyyyyyyy behind. Loser, doesn't he know his 60k/sec DSL is no match for my freak 2400baud?

Anyway, that's when I noticed, damn, I forgot to hit the "turbo" button and I was actually running in 8Mhz. That's why the PIV was running so close, this time when I rebooted I kept my eye's on the turbo and punched it as soon as the O/S loaded! Heh, the PIV was like 1 min behind me at that point.

Once the turbo kicked in and the full 33Mhz came on line, it was all over, cept for a quick scare with my serial mouse, my box was actually running so fast, it shot the mouse right off the port!!!

Long story shortened, I was up and playing 6 min before the PIV box. Heh, that'll teach those guys to spend all there money on so called "fast" computers!!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 05:38 PM   #30
5.0SN95GT

Talking

I HOPE YOU HAD A PARACHUTE TO SLOW THAT ROCKET DOWN!
Old 03-18-2001, 08:55 PM   #31
MiracleMax
Registered Member

I'm calling your BS on that Unit, I think all you got is a lousy 286, a tape drive with two cups and a string. Don't make me go real old school and pull the cover off my Atari and whip some pong *** here
Old 03-18-2001, 08:58 PM   #32
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Better yet all I think you really have is an abacus with a signal mirror and some tree bark and chalk!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:21 PM   #33
Unit 5302
Registered Member

You've called me Max, all I've really got is a charred stick and some limestone.

Damn! How'd you know??
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 09:25 PM   #34
84stang83zephyr

Hey stoplight, you're right, that does sound sick
Old 03-19-2001, 12:57 AM   #35
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

zephyr: Trust me, it does. The only times I have had my *** handed to me in the Avalon were by a Solara, but I knew Id lose that one, and by another Avalon, a white one. The guy was real cool. We stopped to talk at the gas station, and he told me that the dumbass's at Toyota had put a 429 Cobra Jet in, and then they rigged up a two stage 300 shot by accident. Other than that, the guy just had an aftermarket shifter for his auto, and I think he said he gutted his cats. But I dont remember. Anyway, I think I may trade my Mustang in this weekend for a Corolla. Im just hoping I get one of the Freak corollas' though, cause the regular ones arent too fast. Later.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Magnaflow Catback, K&N
Old 03-19-2001, 02:18 AM   #36
Power
Registered Member

With all the genius floating in this thread im surprised that none of you mentioned that if you put in a stereo, preferably 12"'s or bigger, they actually shave off about .5-1.0 sec because of the incredible air movement that increases the psi of the turbo. just make sure you are running an amp that is generated by a runner wheel that touches the ground in the rear. that way you actually increase your output enough that you can shut off the engine and run on electricity only.

------------------
1966 Baby blue Coupe, 289 w/ man. 3-speed, nothing special but the fact that it is my first mustang. I am a former import guru....no more.

I've never run it except on the street, it has new wheels & tires, new exaust, and that about covers it. Looking to change a lot in the future including engine. Any ideas are appreciated.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:35 PM   #37
StreetRacin89Stang
Registered Member

On a serious note,
With all the talk about racing jets it reminded me about a video i saw through a link on StreetRacing.Org. It was about a 20 second clip of an F1 car running down a runway against a F-16 going full boost. It was an interesting video and i bet i could dig up a link if anyones interested.

------------------
89 5.0 GT White w/Blue Racing Stripes
K&N, 73mm Mass Air, Ported and Polished Stock Heads, E303 Cam, MAC equal Length Headers, Off Road H-Pipe, Borla Mufflers, Sway Bars, Strut Tower, Subframe Connectors, Eibach, Koni Adjustables, Pony 5 Stars, 1000 Watt JL Audio System
StreetRacin89Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 06:30 PM   #38
stng87
Registered Member

IM GOING TO TRY TO ADD SOME JAPANESE CHARACTERS ALL OVER THE STANG IN HOPES IT'LL SHAVE OFF 2-3 TENTHS
stng87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 07:41 PM   #39
smooth
Registered Member

oh my god this story is the biggest lie i have ever read.

they didn't make a zo6 in '98!
smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 08:10 PM   #40
RedLilPony
It's been awhile, huh?

Talking

OK, I've got this pair of tennis shoes...

------------------
Jodi
AKA PonyGirl
Red 68 GT Fastback and Black 99 GT Coupe
"Not your average Mustangs..."
http://hometown.aol.com/redlilpony/Homepage.html

RedLilPony is offline   Reply With Quote