MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 11:06 AM   #21
fastang
Registered Member

About the "freak" LS1's. The last time I was at brothers dyno, every one hit above 300 RWHP with very basic mods. No cam or heads or intake, just the basics. Im jealous but I give credit where its due.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
Old 04-26-2001, 01:19 PM   #22
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Well the only experience I had was racing 1 LT1 on the street and one LS1 on the street.

I raced the LT1 about a year ago, basically my car was in the same shape it is now. We ran on street tires.

He said he had a cam, 3.73 gears, MAF, TB, intake. He said he had done everything but the headers and the heads. It was auto.

Anyways re raced, I was spinning like crazy out of the whole so was he, I finally hooked in third, and we were dead even. On the 4th gear powershift I beat him by a fender.

We went again and I launched worse this time with him winning by a half car.

The LS1 I raced wasnt even close, the guy couldnt even launch the car. He just sat and spun, I was gone literrally 5-6 cars before he hardly got moving, and he gave up.

At the track most LS1's run mid/low 13's. Ive yet to see one hit 12's, but its not because of power, its traction.

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Going for 11's on 87 octane with A/C and 20+MPG!!!
Old 04-26-2001, 01:39 PM   #23
Try Me
Registered Member

StreetRacin89Stang - don't worry about humiliating that guy, i'm sure his two girlfriends did what they good to restore his manlyness
Old 04-26-2001, 10:06 PM   #24
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Cool

Okay so it's the freak at 280. I don't care, there is just too much difference in the way they dyno. No all dyno's are not the same, but the difference is over 10%. As far as all hitting above 300hp with basic mods, great, basic mods on a fox 5.0 can net 20hp easy.

Oh yes, my stock fox is just bad to the bone. That's what I was saying. More like I was saying any car that's supposed to be bad to the bone should kick my *** . I raced the one LS1 to 70. He would have had to make up 3 cars and pass in my next 30mph. That's about 7 sec. Hell of a lot of distance to pull in 7 sec. I'm not gonna debate the LS1 traps higher than me, or that it'll spank me top end, if you read my post even the LT1 had the top end edge. Since my car has 2.73's I would have been well done with the quarter when I shifted into 4th. I would have had about a 3 car advantage on the LT1 at the end of the quarter. Yea, that's like 3 tenths. I guess me not building a drag 5.0 means I can't beat any LT1's or LS1's. Maybe they weren't racing? Maybe they were parked in the traffic lanes and I didn't notice? Or maybe the F-body lovers out there just can't stand to believe a stock 5.0 can run under a 15 flat in the quarter? Or that you can slap in the Vette's LT4 cam and pick up 1 or 1.5 sec in the quarter. Is it just me, or did that Vette run low/mid 13's? Honestly, I don't know what an "LT4 hotcam" is, sounds like a Grand Sport cam, did they have a hotter version? Damn, I can't even remember, what was the ZR1's engine designation? I thought that was the LT4? Oh well, don't remember, don't care too much. So long as I don't start getting beat.

You can sit there and not believe how my car runs all you want. Honestly I don't really care, cause I know it runs how it does. I can actually laugh at you cause I know, and you look dumb cause you don't. To me anyway. Bring yourself a stock LT1 up to my place, or get a hold of a guy in the area that has one. I'll be happy to beat him for you.

I'll give credit to the LS1 for stock power. From everything I've heard they run real low 13's to low 14's (depending on driver and style). Only a 1 sec difference, but they all trap somewhere in the 104+ category. Most of that difference could be driver. I've had other LS1 guys hop on the board and take a stance it's impossible for me to beat them. What it winds up coming down to is them later saying, "Oh, well it was a vert. Well, that's a totally different story now, they run real high 13's to real low 14's." What do I care? Maybe it was an auto vert? I beat it, and 2 others. Another vert (SS) which was damn close, almost dead even, and some punk kid in a Camaro Z28. Maybe they can't drive. Can't tell you, I just haven't seen any of the super powerful GM's yet. I've raced plenty, and that 96 Vette was the only one that's beat me. As far as the LT1's? Yep, they can run 13's from what I hear. If they can, they should beat me. Instead it's never been too hard to put the cars on 'em.

As far as me being a freak driver, maybe, I don't know, never had my friends try to run my car to find out how they do. I think I'm good, but then again, so do all the idiots.

I agree the Cobra should have made 320hp. Due to a last minute change to a different intake (which wound up being a mismatch) they didn't. The proto cars did. Inexcuseable, yep. Did Ford make it right? After some pushing and shoving. After the fix most were dynoing with 280hp at the wheels, about 340 at the crank.

Sorry, I just don't think GM builds a good car. Maybe if they did they could sell some?
Old 04-26-2001, 11:41 PM   #25
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

lol, yur one defensive mofo... bro they must have KILLER stuffs up north Cause yer imagining things.. lol

Just b/c i drive a fbody i think stangs cant run faster than 15's? lol All i ever did was say what that car SHOULD run. Does it anger you? Obviously does SOMETHIN if ya feel compelled to write a novel. Fiction.. not my fave

Yeah i sure feel like you made me look stupid. Youre a magnificent driver. No non-stang will ever beat you. Its a wonderful life.

Old 04-27-2001, 07:06 PM   #26
Unit 5302
Registered Member

For you Fbody guys, take a look into the Windsor Forum under "13's with a stocker, bull****!" There are a bunch of guys running 13's stock with their foxes.

Defensive, a little, course then again, the mightly LT1 which runs 13's only, and they mightly LS1, which runs high 12's low 13's only cannot be beaten. Don't even know why I try.

[This message has been edited by Unit 5302 (edited 04-27-2001).]
Old 04-27-2001, 08:00 PM   #27
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Again with the trying to put words in other peoples mouths.

You're consistent, i'll give you that.

EDIT: AAWWWW.. c'mon.. dont edit yur posts

[This message has been edited by SkarodoM (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-27-2001, 08:27 PM   #28
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I want to add something here.

The last couple of weeks I've read several times that "Ford has this recall and that recall". Or that "Ford has the most recalls of any car maker."

Somehow this is considered bad. Why?

When my wifes cavalier blew a head gasket I was real pissed to learn that if it was Ford, Ford would have helped with a cost (3.8 head gaskets were partial covered by ford). But Chevy didn't have any assistance. Even Chysler had a freaking assistance package for it's head gaskets!

Recalls don't always mean that a car is crap. It means that a car company is standing behind it's product and helping the customer. That's something that makes me feel more confident with my purchase.

All I know is that I'm not buying another chev product, there are too many problems and not enough recalls.

------------------
Driving: 1998 F-150
Far way in Edmonton==>
1995 Mustang GT
Old 04-27-2001, 10:02 PM   #29
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Hehehe... when car companies recall there product they are trying to do one thing save there @ss from lawsuits I dont think that caring factors into it. Oh and BTW I have not seen any of the new 4.6 GT's break a 14 flat, but I have seen a butt load of camaros run 13's or better. I cant figure out how these guys on this board are runnin mid 13's. There is a new 4.6 Cobra that runs out here he has gears, runs open headers, and has slicks and he is only managing to run a 13.40 at 104 mph. I dont know I am not saying that these guys are lying But I would like to personaly witness it. "I dont hate I appreciate"

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 180 degree thermostat 16 degrees of timing
Old 04-27-2001, 10:13 PM   #30
Rev
Registered Member

Noboby's going to want to hear this. It's true never-the-less. After 100,000 miles, my Toyota ForeRunner blew a head gasket. I took it to the local Toyota dealer for repair. I figured it would be $1000-1500 parts and labor. Guess what? There was an open ended recall due to defective head gaskets. OPEN ENDED, WTF? No charge at all. After 100,000 miles, who would expect it? Toyota? Now I would buy another one, that's for f'ing-a sure.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Old 04-28-2001, 06:17 AM   #31
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 HO:
Hehehe... when car companies recall there product they are trying to do one thing save there @ss from lawsuits I dont think that caring factors into it.
Having worked for/close to 2 of the worlds largest equipment manufacturers (Caterpillar and Ingersoll-Rand) I can tell you that while a safety program is given the highest priority, there are many other programs which have nothing to do with being sued.

If your product image goes for a sh*t and sales drop you'll lose more money than getting sued in many cases. Trust me, with bean counters running the companies today that kind of analysis has already been done.

Old 04-28-2001, 06:21 AM   #32
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Rev:
Noboby's going to want to hear this. It's true never-the-less. After 100,000 miles, my Toyota ForeRunner blew a head gasket. I took it to the local Toyota dealer for repair. I figured it would be $1000-1500 parts and labor. Guess what? There was an open ended recall due to defective head gaskets. OPEN ENDED, WTF? No charge at all. After 100,000 miles, who would expect it? Toyota? Now I would buy another one, that's for f'ing-a sure.

Rev

Among all the Ford vehicles my dad owned when I was growing up, we had a couple toyota's. Evey one was a great vehicle. I really like some Toyota's. Although some the work they did need did cost a small fortune.

I read somewhere that Ford and Toyota are forming an Alliance of some kind. Anyone have more info on that?
Old 04-28-2001, 04:46 PM   #33
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Red face

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 95mustanggt:
Having worked for/close to 2 of the worlds largest equipment manufacturers (Caterpillar and Ingersoll-Rand) I can tell you that while a safety program is given the highest priority, there are many other programs which have nothing to do with being sued.

If your product image goes for a sh*t and sales drop you'll lose more money than getting sued in many cases. Trust me, with bean counters running the companies today that kind of analysis has already been done.

[/Quote Thanks, for your insight into what I have said. Now I think your opinion of manufacturers being more worried about image than lawsuits is wrong. Ford just had alot of trouble with the tires on there vehicles being responsible for the death of over 80 people. Of course as you would expect they got sued and lost there @ss. BUT GUESS WHAT THEY STILL HAVE FIRESTONES ON THERE VEHICLES...."SO MUCH FOR CARING ABOUT IMAGE"

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 180 degree thermostat 16 degrees of timing
Old 04-28-2001, 08:11 PM   #34
withamc
Registered Member

As far as the Firestone thing goes, I'm not convinced that the couple hundred accidents that occurred out of the multi-millions of Firestone tires sold weren't due to underinflation, excessive speed, overloading, trying to drive an SUV like a Mustang or a combination of any of these. I'm actually more interested in the race than trying to figure out which manufacturer cares more about my well-being. So did you run him yet?
Old 04-29-2001, 12:31 AM   #35
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I am going to try and run him this week before he puts on his heads ill keep u posted

------------------
Old 04-29-2001, 12:37 AM   #36
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Race set tuesday.

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
Going for 11's on 87 octane with A/C and 20+MPG!!!
Old 04-30-2001, 01:27 PM   #37
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Er...Skar's car is NOT moderate LOL

------------------
Elisha (Mustangbelle)
1994 GT: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, and pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Old 04-30-2001, 03:03 PM   #38
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

shhhhh E
Old 05-01-2001, 11:05 AM   #39
5.0KILLER
Registered Member

All this talk about how slow the LT1's are when really the fact is stock vs. stock the LT1 is just plain faster. and I don't know where all you super fast stang guys are but I have yet to run into on that i didn't beat with my stock Z. long live the mighty 225hp 4.6 they are soooooo fast. hehe
Old 05-01-2001, 11:10 AM   #40
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

You registered a name, simply to make inane comments huh.

way to go fuqtard
Closed Thread