MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2001, 09:03 AM   #61
StangDan
Registered Member

Thumbs down

This is for you 5.0 killer, When you say a stock LT1 is faster than a 225 horse mustang you are correct, but there is one thing you are overlooking, A new Camaro or Firebird is FAR more expensive that a new mustang, A fully loaded GT can be had for 24,000 where as a fully loaded F-Body for 32,000+. If we take the money left over from buying the better Mustang and spend it on our cars we will see who will win. By the way where is the camaro going in 2004? Oh yeah that's right, there won't be a camaro BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP AND EXPENSIVE PIECES OF GARBAGE!!
Old 05-07-2001, 11:52 AM   #62
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

It's not even worth replying to an ignorant post like that.

I never did the resistor, some companies claim gains but there was a big debate on camaroz28.com about it and in the end, people agreed that it was a scam. This is one free mod not worth it.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:56 AM   #63
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Ha! Can't resist!

Mustang GT MSRP Base: $23,230
Camaro Z28 MSRP Base: $23,445

Sources: www.ford.com and www.chevrolet.com

You'll need a lot more than that $200 difference in mods to make up for the .6 to .8 second difference on the 1/4 mile.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:24 AM   #64
StangDan
Registered Member

A total of 45,417 Camaros were built for worldwide distribution in 2000 and let's see a total of 218,525 mustangs were produced, now if the camaro is so great why does it not even compare in sales or production to the mustang, clearly Ford must be doing something right to constantly eat the competition year after year.
Old 05-09-2001, 08:52 AM   #65
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

Stang Dan...

I like both, but c'mon.. ppl point out those numbers constantly, enough already. Ferrari doesnt make 200,000 rides /year total, i guess they arent as good as the new stangs eh
Old 05-09-2001, 09:51 AM   #66
StangDan
Registered Member

Skar I also like both i just hate the people that try to say that camaro's are a better value, Camaro's are faster but there sales are just not there, that is a fact. When you talk about Fine Italian SuperCars you are not comparing apples to apples. Let's not forget the Camaro and the Mustang have been rivals since the camaro's introduction. No one talks about Ferrari's and Lambo's because they are way out of the Mustang and Camaro league.
Old 05-09-2001, 10:10 AM   #67
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

I intentionally used an extreme example. B/c IMO its just as stupid to argue that one is better over sales numbers y'know. I like both.. i dont care how many they sell, that really isnt my problem =P Build a car with good performance that acts and feels like a sporty sedan, and you'll sell more than a slightly more focused machine... but again.. ppbbffffftt
Old 05-09-2001, 11:04 AM   #68
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Quote:
BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP AND EXPENSIVE PIECES OF GARBAGE!!
Whatever man, you start by arguing the price, then you realised you were wrong so now you quote sales numbers.

There is many reasons why the Mustang outsells the Camaro. If you are too stupid to figure it out for yourself it's not my problem. Nobody ever said the Z is better product than the Mustang. You just come on here and start saying stupid ignorant opinions, don't expect to be respected in return.

I'll tell you one thing, if the Z dies, everybody loses, including the Mustang Crowd. When a Chevy and a Ford line up, people get to their feet to watch it and root for their favorite side. May the competition between Ford and Chevy live forever!
Old 05-09-2001, 12:38 PM   #69
Kevin Price
Registered Member

OK, this one has strayed a bit off the original topic and is destined for destruction.

Both sides have raised relevant opinions and facts to the Chevy vs. Ford rivalry. I too would hate to see the f-body go, too much history behind it and frankly I enjoy the competition.

Forget the "Camaro's are better because...." and "Mustangs are better because....", everyone has there opinions which probably won't be changed, and, for good reason. There are simply no "right or wrong" answers on this one.

Who will fill this void? Dare I say the "I" word, this would be just flat "boring" in my opinion. We need a more well rounded base for competition and the f-bodies are it.

Let's all agree to disagree on this one and move on. In addition, let's hope for the return of the f-body. It would be good for all of us.

THREAD CLOSED

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Closed Thread