MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Question something BIT me..INPUT...???

Hey ya'll...for all you 'medics' out there! I know there are a few....

I noticed yesterday I had this annoying bite on my leg. No biggie...well, last night it woke me out of a dead sleep(that is NOT an easy task.) It was sore as hell and really tender.
Well throughout the day it is now swelled up about 3/4 to an inch diameter around the bite and like a little red line coming off the top right hand side and the bottom left hand side, sideways. Looks like a hurricane, when they track them on the chart.

Its really tender, and it hurts my bottom half of my leg when I walk...When I poke around on it, its kinda fluidy. Heres some pics...(YUK) dont ya hate when people do this?
The yellow pic actually shows the discoloration of the redness a little better than the clear pic. But its hard to get the right lighting that close up....any idea what it could've been, and do ya'll think its anything I should be concerned about??????????
THANKS FOR THE INPUT! TNT

ignore the fact that i need to shave.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bite 1.jpg (32.1 KB, 72 views)

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:30 PM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Question heres the other pic

heres another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bite 2.jpg (28.7 KB, 65 views)

Old 10-28-2002, 09:30 PM   #3
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

I give it 3 days before your leg falls off

nah, good luck with all that! Was it a spider bite?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

aren't those "lines" called toxic striations? when the poison injected into you moves through the tissue?? You might want to get that checked out, you don't want it to be a bad poisonous spider bite... Good luck!
Old 10-28-2002, 09:39 PM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Question dunno..

Maybe I'm just paranoid after that horrible story about the spider that Rebel posted...
I guess if I wake up w/ a hole in my leg, i'll know.
Someone just told me to lance a needle and then stick it in there and pour some alcohol or peroxide in it!!! Ive never liked doing that stuff....Gives me the heeby jeebies....... ya think I should do what he said, or just wait and see how it looks in the morning?
TNT

Old 10-28-2002, 09:56 PM   #6
Rev
Registered Member

Default Spider

I agree with everyone else, my bet is a spider bite. As long as it stays localized, I wouldn't do anything to it. Definitely don't lance it. If your leg starts to swell or anything or you run a fever, then seek medical attention ASAP. My bet is it will just gradually go away. You could put hot wet compresses on it. That may help some.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:10 PM   #7
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

spider, hun.

talkin from experiance, got bit by one in my sleep las year, got red and sore, but not deathly ill persay jus naseous and hot. if your alergic to bites or stings, go to the doctor, if your feelin ok an your limbs aren't fallng off in black stumps, you probly got bit by a lil non poisonous one, an it should go away in a day or so. pay attention to it and go to the ER if it starts spreading.

sucks don't it?

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:16 PM   #8
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Cut off the leg now before it gets the other leg!

...its a spider bite, you dont even seem allergi, nor does it seem poinsonous. Itll be gone in a week.

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 11:25 PM   #9
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking THANKS FOR THE INPUT...

I do have horrible allergies to everything which is why I had to quit doing haircolor at the shop 8 years ago...but I have NEVER been bitten by anything since I developed them...used to carry and Epi-Pen w/ me...my leg is still there...and REV..i put a hot compress on it and it was so damn hot, I burnt the HELL out of it...man, what pain!
I'll sleep on it and see what happens tomorrow...

I missed ya'll......... I've been so tied up since last Wed. w/ my 20 year Reunion...I have not been on line that much here to post....Had a BADAS$ time...It was VERY COOL!
They had a questionere about the classmates...one was
"This Classmate worked on Jim Porters Sprint Race Crew in Ventura California..." needless to say, I think they were TOTALLY shocked about my CAR stuff! It was multiple choice! Dont think that many guessed it! LOL!
On a side note....on the way to Eckerds to get some last minute things to get ready, I was in a rush Saturday night....
I jumped out of my car. (had on jeans and boots.) tripped over the Curb thingy that keeps you from driving" into " the store! BUSTED my arse!!!!!! BAD.....skinned both knees and bruised them (through my jeans w/out ripping them!) and fell on my left hand. I have NEVER BEEN SO EMBARRASED IN MY LIFE! (even worse than what I did at Sky's shop!)Now, my thumb keeps going numb....but............ gee, maybe that has something to do w/ why I never made it for Cheerleader!!!!!!!!! LOL......
TNT

Old 10-28-2002, 11:33 PM   #10
srv1
Get down.....

that bite was probably that cockroach infestation that you told me about when you bought your house. oops! sorry, i didnt mean to tell everyone!
Old 10-28-2002, 11:33 PM   #11
srv1
Get down.....

or.......or it could be that lil' mouse!hahaha!
Old 10-28-2002, 11:42 PM   #12
Rev
Registered Member

Default Chimney?

Or maybe that unknown thing in the chimney could have sneaked into the house and taken a little bite?

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 10-29-2002, 12:21 AM   #13
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally posted by joe4speed
aren't those "lines" called toxic striations? when the poison injected into you moves through the tissue?? You might want to get that checked out, you don't want it to be a bad poisonous spider bite... Good luck!
Not trying to scare you and i'm not a medical tech or paramedic or anything but i've always heard anytime you have something infected that has red lines running from it its the beginning of blood poisioning ... If it were me i'd get it checked
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:26 AM   #14
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Oh yeah and i really think we should have a before and after picture, so as soon as it heals send us another pic ... make the next one a long shot
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:42 AM   #15
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Default Backyard??

Or how about the snakes in the backyard???
Old 10-29-2002, 12:55 AM   #16
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Default dont do roaches!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
that bite was probably that cockroach infestation that you told me about when you bought your house. oops! sorry, i didnt mean to tell everyone!
ROACHES IS SOMETHING I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT TOLLERATE!
They are gross..and here in Texass they get about 3 inches long.......t'werent no roach....
Joe..I dont know what happened to that snake....think he sought friendlier grounds in my back neighbors pool! heheheh......It will prolly be better in the a.m. .....if not, I"m SURE ya'll will hear about it!

I havent whined on the boards for awhile...just felt the urge....
so.......have ya'll missed me??????
hehehe..TNT

Old 10-29-2002, 12:57 AM   #17
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Don't take this as medical advice but here is some information that might help you decide on a course of treatment. Is the bite getting better? Many times if the bite gets better or symptoms start to subside after a day or so it's a good sign. Most allergic reactions will occur or at least start to occur relatively early on after the bite. If and that's a big IF, it is a Brown Recluse bite and be forewarned, I've only seen two, the center of the bite will ulcerate and give the appearance of a popped blister. Both of the ones I witnessed began with a white center about the size and consistency of a cigarette burn. Both turned dark in the center, almost black after a couple of days, and BOTH required substantial tissue removal to stop the damage. The thing to remember is that Brown recluse bites will not get better on their own. Early intervention is the best choice. Black widows release a toxin into the bite and while they don't tend to ulcerate (unless infected) they are quit painful and can cause neural problems sometimes lsting for weeks. I've never seen one that bad and we have a few every year where I work. Scorpions also fall into the bedtime monsters, at least around here. They just plain hurt, I did one of these years ago and thought I had stepped on a lit ciger when it happened.
Best advice, if you think it's getting worse, go see a doctor. If it turns out to be nothing, all you've lost is some time and a little money.
Good luck
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 01:01 AM   #18
Rev
Registered Member

Default We sure as hell missed you

But while you were at the 20 th reunion, I was at my 40 th HS reunion and then my 35 th college reunion. No wonder I'm #2 on the O.B.C. list. Hee, hee.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 10-29-2002, 01:31 AM   #19
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking :)

Hey Medik....
I think I remember you posting on my emphysyma thing...
well, all I can say is that the center of the initial bite is black(about the size of a pinhead, or a little bigger), or dark. VERY red around the dark spot, And when I rub over it it feels like a Pea in my skin...its VERY sensitive, and hurts. When I poke around it if feels like theres more under my skin. When I was poking at it to, it left a tiny hole in my leg...but it hurts too much to poke at too much. BUT....at this point the swelling and the redness does not seem to be spreading. I feel like if i had the guts to squeeze it hard enough something will crawl out...but I'm NOT even going there!!
What do you mean about Neural Problems?????? I"m prolly making something out of nothing...but this is just too wierd, and it hurts like HELL! I tend to be a wimp when it comes to abnormalities like this....
I appreciate your input....now watch....I"ll wake up tomorrow, and it will be ALL BETTER!!!!!!!!! And I got freaked out over nothing! But, hey, that would be great!!!!!!!!!!
TNT
REV:.........lol!!!!!! ya....Guess thats why I'm #5!!!!!!!!! hahhahah

Old 10-30-2002, 12:20 AM   #20
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Arrow BITE UPDATE

Well,
I could hardly walk on my leg when I woke up this morning..
It loosened up some thru the day, but continued to hurt.. The redness did not spread, but my leg is swelled up about 3/4 - 1 inch more on that side tonight.. From the bite down to my ankle...
Picked the scab out of the middle, left a little hole and the edges around it are kinda "dried up and wrinkly looking".
Gonna wait and see how its feeling tomorrow....I"m beat, and believe it or not, I'm gonna go to bed now.....My bed is calling my name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll talk to ya'll tomorrow night!
TNT