MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-08-2005, 08:42 PM   #1
TRUUBLE
Registered Member

Thumbs up Went "Wheels Up" at the track last night . . caught on video!!!

I went out last night to practice my 60 foot times and launches, having to be careful to let off the gas before the end of the track so I didn't get sent home (roll bar goes in on Monday). Anyway, I was up against a turbo Mini . . lol . . . and I had my worst launch of the night . . . I bogged it. BUT . . . it turns out that I hooked well enough to get the both front wheels off the ground! This is on Nitto 555Rs with a totally stock suspension!!! I didn't even know I did it until I saw the video.

Here's a pic from the video my wife got

Anyone know how to do an animated GIF? I'd love to have the "Wheels Up" for my avatar!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wheels Up_0001.jpg (53.0 KB, 56 views)
95 GT Vert Vortech V2, 3.73s, FRP driveshaft, custom chip, Magnaflow cat-backs, Tri-Ax, AFR 165s and Comp Cams roller rockers, Snow Performance Water/Methanol injection running on 305/45/18 Nitto 555R Drag Radials
TRUUBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
XSRACING-GT
Registered Member

Arrow Re: Went "Wheels Up" at the track last night . . caught on video!!!

thats awesome man! how much air did you run in your nittos? how did you do your burnout? did you roast em', or just clean em off? Also, what rpm did you launch, and how easily did you come out of the hole on your clutch? did you slip it? or just dump it? I have 275/40/17's and just wanted to know how you launched. what times did you run btw?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
TRUUBLE
Registered Member

Default Re: Went "Wheels Up" at the track last night . . caught on video!!!

I was running about 13 pounds of air in the tires. I have found that I have to do a monster burnout to get the NITTOs hot enough to hook . . . enough of a burnout that I get teased about it . . lol. Funny thing is, it wasn't a very good launch . . . I launched at about 3,000 rpm and the car hook right away and bogged . . . once the rpms got back up, the front end came up. I didn't even know it happened until I saw the video the next day. As far as times go, the car will run in the 12s. But, I was waiting for my roll bar to go in (its in the shop gettin that now) so I was taking my foot out of it on every run. (can't go faster than 13.49 in a vert without a bar).
95 GT Vert Vortech V2, 3.73s, FRP driveshaft, custom chip, Magnaflow cat-backs, Tri-Ax, AFR 165s and Comp Cams roller rockers, Snow Performance Water/Methanol injection running on 305/45/18 Nitto 555R Drag Radials
TRUUBLE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: