MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 11:28 PM   #21
eddielugnutz
Registered Member

Default Re: What's the stupidest thing you've done in your car?

I had a piece of crap 87 camaro that I loved to do burnouts in, and I loved to go driving in fresh snow, well try to drive anyway, and just spin out and have fun, I didn't care too much about it and I had hit a few telephone poles at 5mph and put nice dents in fenders, I hit a station wagon on black ice, I crushed my front license plate, cracked the cheap crap plastic bumper, so I put one of the LeBra's over it. I hit a school bus real lightly while doing one of my spins, not even enough to dent the car, but the bus driver insisted on reporting it, bitch. But the funniest thing that ever happened in that car was when I was screwing around in the snow as usual, and I spun too quickly out of control, went down a whole block spinning, and as I straightened the car out I screamed as it went onto someone's lawn and hit a large landscaping boulder about one or two feet high. The car actually scaled the rock and both wheels were off the ground. I couldn't back the car off of it, it crushed my radiator support and cracked my nose even more. I didn't even think to take pictures being so embarassed and stupid. I had to have my buddies tow me off the rock, and it did more damage coming off the rock as it scraaaaaaaped the underside of the car and ripped the front fascia almost completely off. i got a new radiator, a new bra to hold the nose on, and I was good to go, I just hammered that radiator support flat as possible. I have never gone sledding since.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:51 PM   #22
FireFinder20
I See Stupid People

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2cars.com
Stopped at a red light.. Cop 2 cars back.. Light turns green.. Need I say more?
not to be unoriginal, but me too

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords
FireFinder20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:02 AM   #23
eddielugnutz
Registered Member

When I first got my 88lx I had some pretty bald rear tires, i practiced spinning out and controlling the skid so that if I was ever in a skid for real I could react quickly. Well I was making a very wide left turn in the rain, I had a brand new centerforce clutch, and i let out on it too quickly and applied too much gas as I was shifting into second, and the car spun like it was on ice and did a 180, I was facing a bus, thank God it was going so slow through the turn behind me. I got new tires the next day.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:07 PM   #24
horsepower21
Registered Member

oh, i remember! once i tried speeding up on 3 humps! my car went straight at my mothers garden! man, that was a disaster! my car had some scratch and had to polish the side! and fix my mothers garden!
horsepower21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 04:31 PM   #25
sedanman
Registered Member

I have ton to choose from but this is probably the dumbest:

I had my 91 coupe at the time putting down around 500rwhp it had full drag susp 90/10 50/50s the whole bit. I was on 255/50/16 BFG drag radials aired down. Its 2 or so in the morning on this flat straight stretch of road in the middle of nowhere and the need for speed hits me. So I slow down and grab second and nail it the car spins a little then hooks and I am off, I grab third and am sailing, I grab fourth and the car is moving keep in mind it has 3.55 gears! usually that settles my need for speed, but not tonight oh no, I start wondering just how fast this SOB will go so I do what any dumbass would do and cram 5th. I finally chickened out at 5500rpms (calculates to about 176mph) the car was still pulling but with aired down drag radials and drag susp. you can imagine how scary it was.

The thought of all the things that could have gone wrong....

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #26
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuBlu06GT
I owned a 64 and 1/2 in Hawaii in 1985 that was not in the best shape. It had a habit of stalling out at the most inopportune moments. It stalled on me at a stop sign. I needed to turn left onto a right turning hill that ended at a stop light. I had the bright idea to get out of my car, push it and then jump back in. I got the car rolling and turned onto the street, heading down the hill. I could not, however, get my self back into the car. I ended up riding on the outside of the car, having to reach in and steer it down this hill. All the while, wondering how in the hell I was going to get stopped at the bottom if, as it turned out it was, the light was red. Macgyver training came in handy when I slowly steered the car into the curb, which slowed the car to a stop eventually. That is, to this day, my life's most embarrassing moment. It was full daylight and several witnessed drove by and clapped.
We have a WINNER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootro
i plead the fif on this one. One, two, three, four, FIIIIIIIF!
I fixed it for ya, hope you don't mind. OH, and...Dave Chappelle'd.

My only bonehead move happened about a year into my ownership of my '65 coupe. Back then it was still rough around the edges, and still had the original 2-barrel carb which still bogged down with the best of 'em no matter what you did to it. I got my flowmasters installed and afterwards went to visit a friend of mine. He wanted to go for a ride to hear how they sound, since he wasn't sure if he wanted them for his chevelle. He asks me to floor it on a road that leads to a freeway on-ramp, and of course I'm like "sure, why not?" The damn light goes yellow and I'm not sure if I am gonna have time to stop (stupid drum brakes), so I don't even bother and stay at WOT. What I don't notice is that the road has a slight hump in it, but when going over it at about 80mph and climbing, slight doesn't mean crap. We go sailing a couple feet in the air and onto the on-ramp. My friend bangs his head on the ceiling while we're in the air (I still give him shit about that to this day ) The mustang veered slightly to the right upon landing so rough, which sends us uncomfortably close to the unprotected side of the on-ramp, but luckily this was easily corrected. Everything seemed fine with the car until we got it back to his mom's house (it's on the same street as mine). When I turn the car off, the coolant starts spurting out of the radiator and there's steam going everywhere. I lift the hood and there's coolant everywhere. Apparently, the fan cut into a few lines in the radiator when we landed. I also popped the rear passenger shock, which prompted me to but a new set of gas shocks since they were all very old to begin with. Luckily, that was the extent of the damage, nothing structural at all. Now, about 4 years later, I'm planning on upgrading the wobbly stock suspension. I'm probably going to replace every last little piece, just to be safe.

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #27
Opey1993mustang
Registered Member

I would have to say one of the stupidest things I have done is. One night me,my brother and our buddy were cruising around town in my 1977 Cadillac hearse that I just had true dual exhaust put on. I let them at a wide spot right before town and I went back to the grocery store turned around. Put my hearse in low gear and came screaming past them letting the pipes rumble. I got in trouble my the cops the next night at the gas station. He said he had alot of complaints about me and I had better slow it down because he didnt want to scrape me off the highway

The first time my uncle let me drive his mustang he said was going to show me how to burn rubber. We stop on a bridge that had a little slope to it. He told me to put it in first gear and let the car coast back a little and dump the clutch. A few months later he was putting a different tranny in his car because the input shaft bearing was shot. But it was fun
Opey1993mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:49 PM   #28
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

Probably the stupidist things I did was (1) when I was 16 2 weeks after getting my license and va didnt know I had been driving since about 13 or 14. Well there is this hill near my parents house that if you can get enough speed you can jump in either direction but one is easier than the other the hard side is going up the hill which I tried I got up to about 70 and didnt have enough speed to jump it so I tried to way down. Well I got about a 3 mile stretch to get speed (my POS needed all 3 miles to get the speed I was at) when I hit the crest of the hill last time I looked was 78mph I went sailing over this hill like dukes of hazzard in 80 zephyr wagon with 3 passengers in it when I landed I saw all 4 hubcaps come off and I saw where they went(still couldnt find them) so I went up to Trash(trak) auto got 4 new hubcaps and went home after that. My dad went to use my car the next day and he said he went 1 mile and came back to me to ask if it had been driving like that for awhile and of course I said yes(idiot me) so he took the car to get the tires balanced and tire shop said that all 4 rims were bent almost like ovals and 3 shocks were blown and stablizer links were broken. So my dad had them replace them. My dad was on vacation at the time.

About 2 weeks later what I didnt know was his co-worker lived on the same street as the hill and new what car I was driving and told my the morning he came back that he saw the wagon go flying through the air one night while the f---er was sitting on his porch having a cigarette. And also saw me and my friends looking for my hubcaps and he would had said something earler but he didnt know exactly how close they lived near each other.

So when I got home from school my dad was waiting there for me and it looked like the top of his was about to blow off(very,very,pissed,very pissed.) After that he took my license away and I got it after about 1 yr after the incident because it took me that long to pay him back $1700.00 he spent to fix the suspension among other things I had broken.

(2) The other one is when I wrecked my mustang (the one in stang stories)...

06 Saleen S281SC Convertible 6spd
04 Freestar(wife)
66 mustang w/orig. Carroll Shelby racing 7 spoke 14X7's aluminum
02 pontiac sunfire 2.2 ecotec(great gas mileage) still GM junk
stanger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:36 PM   #29
pdr
Registered Member

I didnt respect the power that these stangers have when i was younger . i was trying to show off ,did a dounut and ended up in the ditch on the othere side of the road!
pdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 PM   #30
stanger66
dreaming about mustangs

I forgot of one other stupid thing I did in 96' about 21 yrs old, and I had a 93' lowered sunbird v6 w/2in drop(cut springs)little bouncing at the time. Just moved to MD 2nd day in and I drove my friend home at about 2:30 am. I took off from a light onto a road I had never been on before and never let off the gas. It had a lot of hills on it and saw a cross street coming up and looked for a stop sign but didnt see it until I was right on it and it was too late because a branch was covering it. Well the road crossing mine had a crest on it and dropped down on the other side. Well I tried hitting my brakes but there was nothing I could do but hold on and when I went over the crest I went flying over it and when I landed the nose of the car went straight into the pavement and took a chunk out of the pavement and slide for about 50 ft on the nose and when the rear came down I was finally able to stop the car.

When my friend and I got out of the car there were pieces of the car all over the place but some guy was walking his dogs saw the whole thing and came running to see if we were all right. But he said he thought we got about 10 ft of the ground from what he thought. But we walked back to where the impact was with ground and paced it out it was about 42 ft from the intersection. But he let me use his flashlights and I went to look at my car basically I was missing the whole front clip headlights and all. Blew out 2 front tires,took out rad.,oil and trans pans. My buddies friend came and towed it back to the house. I dont know how fast I was going but it was at least 85 + mph.
The next morning I checked out my car I took out my suspension all front and some rear, broke the sub frame, snapped trans from engine and left holes in side of engine. I called my insurance co. to check out my car to get fixed and they totalled it.

My friend read my last post and told me to put this one in too.

06 Saleen S281SC Convertible 6spd
04 Freestar(wife)
66 mustang w/orig. Carroll Shelby racing 7 spoke 14X7's aluminum
02 pontiac sunfire 2.2 ecotec(great gas mileage) still GM junk
stanger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #31
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Funny that someone would mention the stupid stuff happening in the 17-19yr. old range... same here. I thought I could outrun a cop... and did! But, I would NEVER try that again, as I don't believe I would ever be so lucky. I used the story as a narrative paper my senior year in HS and got an A... it was called, 'The Chase'.

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:04 PM   #32
Stang_Gang
Stang_Gang_Performance

wow its hard to pick one......my wife says i need to learn to drive defenceivly not offenceivly 9and learn to spell lol) one thing that comes to mind is seeing a sheriff under the bridge a sleep, taking off the license plates, pulling up beside, him uncorking the headers, firing up the stang and about making him piss hisself. so i take off let him catch up, give him the one finger salute, hit 3rd and nail it. i found out my stang would do 167 mph with 3.73s. how did i find this out? i didnt realize the cop i messing with (since he was laying down) was my girlfriend at the times dad. needless to say i didnt get a ticket but i never got to drive his daughter anywhere after that.

one i have to mention also is this. back in highschool me and my bestfriend where back roading on this govt land know as the grasslands. we where in his 89 4x4 reg cab chevy with a 454. he has the speedometer comming back around the other way and i tell him there is a corner comming up over the next hill. smartass tells me i am full of shit, so low and behold we top the hill and there is a 90 degree turn and a big ditch and massive bolders. the turn is on a small hill so as we missed the corner and went straight we launched like 10 feet in the air flew over the ditch and bolders only to land in some poor guys camp site, ran through his camp fire bearly missed the guy cooking on the left of the fire and his tent to the right of the fire. we went right through the middle of this guys camp site. the corner was a big horse shoe that went around the ditch,bolders and the camp site, so we ended up back on the road we was originally on and my bud turns to me and says told ya the road didnt turn! we were lucky we didnt kill someone!!! now he listens when i tell him the road turns. i miss being young and stupid
98 "COBRA"
03 GT
07 GT
Stang_Gang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: