MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-11-2001, 01:37 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Red face First Race in Texas...uh oh

Well had my first race on the way home for lunch today. I didn't do so well.

With all the ricers around here I guess I just got surprised.

I was sitting at a light when I saw a grey mustang with a "SALEEN" sticker in the front window. Now with all the V6's and ricers around here I though, " Oh great another V6 Mustang trying to be something he's not"

I reved a little, and looked over with a "let's race" face (I haven't had a race here yet incase your wondering why I was going to go against a V6, getting kinda trigger happy I guess ).

However the blower sound put a lump in my through and I started to think I was dead. Then the grumbing exhaust sound came as he pulled up square.

In 25 years of living in Canada I have seen 1 Saleen mustang. I have now seen 2 .

The light went green and I pulled on him! I could hear his tires screaming. I heard him hit second. The tires caught, and about 1 second later he flew by me so fast I though I was standing still.

I followed the guy for a bit and it was a sweet car. Super wide tires, nice sounding exhaust, and all the Saleen body parts. I assume this was a Real saleen (99-01).

Never been so happy after getting my a$$ kicked. It was a nice car. Oh, and the guy was pretty cool too, no poor attitudes before or after the little contest (or schooling).

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 04:50 PM   #2
faststang90
Registered Member

wecome too TEXAS im sure this will not be the last time u get your but kicked there r fast street cars here
faststang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 04:52 PM   #3
red82gt
Sober voice of Reason

Thumbs up

It's fun picking on the big boys! My motto is to never be embarassed about a loss to someone who's spent more money than you! Besides it gives you something to shoot for.

------------------
GT-40 heads (ported, polished, + milled), B303 cam, 1.7rr's, JE pistons, Offy intake, Carter AFB 625cfm carb, Flowtech 1 5/8" shortys, Flowtech X-pipe, MAC Flowpath exhaust, MAC pulleys, 373's, subframes, Eibachs+Tokicos, B&M ripper, FMS Clutch, Zoom Quadrant+cable, 17" CSA Ultra rims, 235/45ZR17 Yokohama AVS S4's, MSD 6A ignition+coil, FMS 9mm wires, Carbed, Naturally Aspirated, and Nasty!
red82gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 08:36 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I know it was the worst *** kicking I've every had. But the car was so cool I didn't really care, I was happy to just see the car.

Hammer, it would have been cool to see you take this guy. I think the Yellowjacket would have won.

All in all it is pretty cool to be here in Texas.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 07-11-2001, 08:42 PM   #5
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Cool

I have seen about 7 SALEENs around and Have not been able to race them My car is in parts or I am not driving my car Seen 3 S351W Man Those are nice cars!!! I tried to test drive a S351 they just looked at me and stated to laugh.

[This message has been edited by Stang Runner (edited 07-11-2001).]
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 08:47 PM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Stang Runner:
I have seen about 7 SALEENs around and Have not been able to race them My car is in parts or I am not driving my car Seen 3 S351W Man Those are nice cars!!!

Ya Saleens are way cool. They may not be the fastest car for the money, but since I've never really seen all that many

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 07-11-2001, 11:59 PM   #7
Cobra 01
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt:

Ya Saleens are way cool. They may not be the fastest car for the money, but since I've never really seen all that many

Saleens are nice looking and in California they are all over the place. thats why im glad i waited for the 2001 Cobra.

Cobra 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 11:47 AM   #8
fastang
Registered Member

Whatsup Cam? Nice death I guess I post my losses too. If you always post kills it gets kinda boring.

Your going to have to get used to getting whooped on a regular basis now that youre in Texas. The fastest street cars in the world run over there. Your not in Canada anymore Dorothy

So what was wrong with your car before? You didnt email me to let me know. Is it running better now?

BTW, do you want a 65mmTB and a B303 cam? Maybe a set of roller rockers? Im REAL close to starting my stroker project now. I have the money for the shortblock, Im just saving for the heads and getting everything organized. Im pretty sure my tech has a set of FMS 1.6 roller rockers that he is going to give me for the new motor and Im changing my 65mmTB for a 75 and Im replacing the cam with a much larger unit. If you are interested let me know. My rockers are Crane Energizers and all the parts arent even a year old.
Im going back to the dyno this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out. BTW The last time I went to the track I hit a 14.1 with a spkr box in my trunk at over a hundred degrees. So I dropped over 3 tenths in horrible weather buy bumping my fuel pressure and replacing my MAF sensor.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 01:55 PM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fastang:
Whatsup Cam? Nice death I guess I post my losses too. If you always post kills it gets kinda boring.

Your going to have to get used to getting whooped on a regular basis now that youre in Texas. The fastest street cars in the world run over there. Your not in Canada anymore Dorothy

So what was wrong with your car before? You didnt email me to let me know. Is it running better now?

BTW, do you want a 65mmTB and a B303 cam? Maybe a set of roller rockers? Im REAL close to starting my stroker project now. I have the money for the shortblock, Im just saving for the heads and getting everything organized. Im pretty sure my tech has a set of FMS 1.6 roller rockers that he is going to give me for the new motor and Im changing my 65mmTB for a 75 and Im replacing the cam with a much larger unit. If you are interested let me know. My rockers are Crane Energizers and all the parts arent even a year old.
Im going back to the dyno this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out. BTW The last time I went to the track I hit a 14.1 with a spkr box in my trunk at over a hundred degrees. So I dropped over 3 tenths in horrible weather buy bumping my fuel pressure and replacing my MAF sensor.

Hey Jesse, yep, you've got to post losses here too. That is how we all learn, right?

Lots of kick a$$ cars here. But there are also a lot of ricers here. Sometimes it gets hard to tell which guy (or girl) has a car that goes for REAL.

I'll drop you an email about the TB and stuff

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 07-12-2001, 04:57 PM   #10
#1 Pony
Registered Member

I've seen about 2-3 Saleens. Once I was right next to one in the parking lot. Black with with stickers. NICE. Full Stang. He raced, but not street. He had the title trophies stickered on his side back window. I just kept stareing at it. I remember some side that it's a nice looking car. YEAH... it's nice and fast too.
I still want a GT or a Cobra, but since I want to do MODS I'll go for a GT.
And get a Saleen body kit!
#1 Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2001, 10:13 PM   #11
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Wink

Dang,
I would've LOVED to have taken this guy on...
Ya know, I have seen my share of Saleens around here, but they have never wanted to go, or its been in insane traffic.

The closest I came to racing one was actually at WORK!
There was this guy that bought a BRAND new Saleen S-281 (Supercharged) and parked it on the roof of the parking garage taking up 3 spaces.... I saw him outside showing his ride to some friends for 2 days...

So I decided to bring MY ride to work and parked my car nose to nose with his. (I don't know how to make an invitation plainer...) It drove the parking security guys NUTS! Well, he never parked it on the roof again and I never got to show him how much he overpaid for his car...

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 09:59 AM   #12
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
Dang,
I would've LOVED to have taken this guy on...
Ya know, I have seen my share of Saleens around here, but they have never wanted to go, or its been in insane traffic.

The closest I came to racing one was actually at WORK!
There was this guy that bought a BRAND new Saleen S-281 (Supercharged) and parked it on the roof of the parking garage taking up 3 spaces.... I saw him outside showing his ride to some friends for 2 days...

So I decided to bring MY ride to work and parked my car nose to nose with his. (I don't know how to make an invitation plainer...) It drove the parking security guys NUTS! Well, he never parked it on the roof again and I never got to show him how much he overpaid for his car...

LOL

I like that story. Saleens are way cool, but I've seen your car and it kicks *** too, plus it's probably faster

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
Old 07-13-2001, 10:45 AM   #13
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Thumbs up

The Saleen is back on the roof!!
Once again he's taking up multiple spaces...

My friend at work (who has a 98 Cobra) and I are gonna surround him with our rides....

We'll see if we can get a bite...
I'll try to get a pick and post it this afternoon...

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

Old 07-13-2001, 11:06 AM   #14
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Cool

Oh... I wish I could be there.
Anyone there have a camera/Poleriod(sp)?

A snap shot of a Corbra & Saleen & GT all lined up together would be nice.

I hope he gets the message of the race!!!
Old 07-13-2001, 11:48 AM   #15
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Get this. I know this girl that goes to Texas A and M Univ. Well she used to have a viper until she wrecked it. Then her parents go out and buy her a Mustang Saleen 2001. All she can say about it is that it is black. I have been trying to find out if it is a s281 or a 281 and she has no clue. This is like what the hell are u doing with it if u have no clue of what it is. Then I just tell her its ok my dad gave me a better mustang anyway. I think a 428 cj is way cooler than an s281 anyway. I do still beg her to let me dirve that car when i get back to the states though.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2001, 03:56 PM   #16
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Well,
He left before me and my friend could get a pic...

Who in the world would buy a Saleen and then run from a challenge...(even if its not in a spoken form)

I guess next time I'll leave a note on his windshield... Think I should stoke the fire?

"Dear Saleen Wannabe,
I've noticed that you can't seem to park within the confines of one space. Are you having trouble handling your 45 thousand dollar car?
If you'd like, I'd be happy to show you how to handle a Mustang. The offer is always good...

Your friend,
Hammer"

Think that will get a race?

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

Old 07-13-2001, 05:21 PM   #17
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
Well,
He left before me and my friend could get a pic...

Who in the world would buy a Saleen and then run from a challenge...(even if its not in a spoken form)

I guess next time I'll leave a note on his windshield... Think I should stoke the fire?

"Dear Saleen Wannabe,
I've noticed that you can't seem to park within the confines of one space. Are you having trouble handling your 45 thousand dollar car?
If you'd like, I'd be happy to show you how to handle a Mustang. The offer is always good...

Your friend,
Hammer"

Think that will get a race?

HA HA HA, NO No,
leave a message like this:

"
The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles

July 13, 2001

Dear Sir,

It has come to our attention that you are not driving your vehicle with in it's design specifications. If you can afford the car, you can afford the speeding violations.

We would also like to take this oppertunity to advise you of your inability to park in a legal fashion.

You have also be charged with failing to notice/accept a change.

Department Head"

Old 07-13-2001, 07:17 PM   #18
#1 Pony
Registered Member

Thumbs down

That's not fun, he left!!!

Did you guys surround him?

LOL... YES leave a note!! 95mustanggt: that's great!!

[This message has been edited by #1 Pony (edited 07-13-2001).]
Old 07-13-2001, 09:44 PM   #19
69fastback
IRAQ VET

It might be some dude that has no clue of what the hell he is driving like the girl I know. Then again he might just be scared. If u are scared say ur scared.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote