MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-16-2005, 06:34 PM   #1
tmoney
Registered Member

Default T5 tranny

Could someone please help i just had my 95 mustang's tranny rebuilt because i was having problems with reverse. i just got it back and now everytime i put it in reverse a very loud knocking noise comes from what seems like the transmission. i tried calling back the man that supposelly fixed the problem however im not getting an answer from him at all. if some one could just point me into the right direction as to what might be the problem wether it be the linkage or whatever that would be great. thanks
tmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:21 PM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Default Re: T5 tranny

is it a rhythmic knocking or an irregular knocking sound? if it's rhythmic chances are something got stuck in one of the gear teeth during the rebuild, or something loose got smashed into the gear, maybe one of the teeth chipped off. The reverse gear goes against an idler, so it's not constantly meshed like all the other gears. if it's intermittent something loose inside the trans i would guess.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
tmoney
Registered Member

thanks for the help. it is a rhythmic knocking. it seems to happen with every turn of the tires. the next question would be do u think that the knocking will just wear out after awhile or will it just break again cause the tires are always moving they never stop. its just like something knocks out of gear then knocks back into gear
tmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
Mustang Billy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney
thanks for the help. it is a rhythmic knocking. it seems to happen with every turn of the tires. the next question would be do u think that the knocking will just wear out after awhile or will it just break again cause the tires are always moving they never stop. its just like something knocks out of gear then knocks back into gear
It will only wear and get worse in my opinion...Thats not normal..

If it just grinds going in reverse then its probably non syncroed and you'll need too put it in 2nd gear before putting it in reverse....It really needs too be taken apart again and fixed right...

Untimat Converter Concepts
CamMotion
C&S Specialties

http://www.gofastfuels.com/cms/index.php?page=home

One of the Fastest Stock E7 Headed 302's around..
With a Power adder@3000lbs
6.19@110.4 1/8
$100 Invested in total LongBlocks
Mustang Billy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: