MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
Mustaang girly
Mustaang girly

Default Old man in minivan

The other day I was driving to the supermarket and came along this old man driving a minivan going about 5 miles an hour, so naturally I passed him. Later on when I was in the parking lot of the supermarket I found out the guy was stalking me and started yelling and screaming at me just because I passed him on the road. How could anybody be so angry just because I simply went around him to get by? I always said I hate people in minivans. They are such a square group of people. I drive a black Gt 05 and I'm constantly being hasseled from people like that. I have had people pass me and I don't chase after them. Anybody that does isn't playing with a full deck.
Mustaang girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Default Re: Old man in minivan

He probaly thought you where some punk kid with more money than brains.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
Mustaang girly
Mustaang girly

Thats funny. He said he did think I was a kid. I find people in minivans are way to nervous on the road. I 'm joining The NewHampshire Mustang Club this summer, so I can meet other nuts like myself.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #4
Rev
Registered Member

I agree it's funny how some folks take it personally if they get passed. However don't judge all of us old geezers by the actions of a few. If you see me on the street, it's more likely that I may want to race you than yell at you, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #5
84LX89GT
Mustangs

People are stupid period. I don't know what it is about minivans.....it's like they think it comes with a badge and should command respect like a police officer and they'll be damned if they're gonna let someone drive normally around them. I drive so slow now because of my record that i don't get much grief from people, but something about owning a mini van must make people crazy....either that or it just takes a "special" person to drive a minivan.

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 PM   #6
Rev
Registered Member

I think sometimes it's just "soccer moms" with all of those misbehaving brats in the back seats that are already at their wits end and can't handle the pressure. These are the same moms that used to have "baby on board" signs in the window that must have somehow thought that meant they were somehow "specially entitled".

Of course that doesn't account for irrational behavior of the old geezer in the mini van. I'm wondering about Alzeimer's?

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 05-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #7
Mustaang girly
Mustaang girly

Thank-you!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
mcook67
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaang girly
The other day I was driving to the supermarket and came along this old man driving a minivan going about 5 miles an hour, so naturally I passed him. Later on when I was in the parking lot of the supermarket I found out the guy was stalking me and started yelling and screaming at me just because I passed him on the road. How could anybody be so angry just because I simply went around him to get by? I always said I hate people in minivans. They are such a square group of people. I drive a black Gt 05 and I'm constantly being hasseled from people like that. I have had people pass me and I don't chase after them. Anybody that does isn't playing with a full deck.

i actually am offended by this post as my first vehicle was a 1996 dodge caravan that spanked more than one mustang in its day and its not the only toy of mine tats spanked mustangs so dont judge a book by its cover or i may have to bring the 200km/hr minivan out for a show thank you
mcook67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #9
LX5liter
dude5l

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcook67
i actually am offended by this post as my first vehicle was a 1996 dodge caravan that spanked more than one mustang in its day and its not the only toy of mine tats spanked mustangs so dont judge a book by its cover or i may have to bring the 200km/hr minivan out for a show thank you

MMMMyah...o.k.

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #10
bmxmon
Registered Member

Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjHr9XFzykQ I've also seen on ebay a dodge caravan that was set up to drop a 440 in, the seller had a pic of when it did have a 440 in it and it was doing one hell of a burnout...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #11
Rev
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcook67
Spanking maybe a 4 banger Mustang with that "HOT" Caravan (V-6)? You must be joking about being offended. Even a V-6 Caravan must still be "sucking hind tit" so to speak, LOL.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 09-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #12
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Actually, I have the exact opposite problem with minivan drivers where I live. Rather than go 20mph below the speed limit, they go 20 OVER. It's as if they're driven by the same caravan-touting assclown as the stalker mentioned here.

1. HELLO! WE'RE. NOT. TRYING. TO. RACE. YOU.

2. 200km/h =/= 200mph, btw.

3. I'd rather drive an old mustang with a straight 6 than a 440-packing minivan. They sure are compensating for something with that one...

Are you sure you're not cutting people off, mustang girl? If you have this experience often, it would honestly make me wonder. Although I've been known to cut people off on purpose that were simply driving like a complete moron...

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #13
808foxtang
#70 E Street Prepared

I agree that mini-van drivers are in a world of their own. I have been called out many a time by some dude with a mini-van, borrowed from his wife. However, I simply smile and go on my merry way. Most people give me a wide berth when they hear the sound of my flowmasters coming up from behind. It must be the roar. As for mini-vans with drivers on cell phones plus the fact that they are applying mascara in bumper to bumper traffic, God help us.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #14
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

I wonder if she's even reading these posts...

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/deltamustang65/

If Nissan Motorsports = NISMO, wouldn't Honda Motorsports = HOMO?
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #15
Harry
Registered Member

I am kinda offended by this post too. I often drive our minivan around. But I don't stalk or yell or get offended.

When I drive my mustang, it has two speeds: Full stop or full go! I do tend to get a little wild in it. When I drive our minivan I tend to be more conservative just because I normally have my three kids in it and I am concerned about their safety. If you want to blow by me in your mustang, go right ahead. I'll just wave as you go by. But just don't cut me off because you are endangering my kids.

I think people who sterotype are the real idiots.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: