MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-30-2001, 08:31 PM   #1
what_import
Registered Member

Post MR2 took off from the line...then came to a complete stop!

Just a few mins ago I am leaving the gym and complete an impressive burn out in front of these kids showing off dads Navigator. I pull out and get to the light behind this MR2 the light turns green and he takes off like a bat out of hell, I do not cause there is nowhere to go. So finally the car in front of him moves out of the way and I decide to engage. By this point he has to be atleast a good 10+ cars ahead, but I can hear that he is on it do to the awful sound coming out of his dual pipes! Well I am reeling him in in 3rd gear 110mph when I am just about to pass him and he, what appeared to be, locked his brakes up. My detector was on and was not indicating any officers. So I dropped it into 4th and continue to cruise. I have to come to a stop for my turn when he comes by me, not too fast, and revs his engine!!!??? What the hell does that mean? I am taking the win...win is a win right, but why the reving, does this mean he goes and tells his boys he took a stang? Geez..no integrity.
what_import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 08:56 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

That means he knew you were coming to blow his doors off, so if he ends the "race" before you do, he wins.

Since you were chasing him down, I wouldn't really consider it a race.

And yes, he'll now brag to all his buddies about beating 5.0's. LOL!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 10:23 PM   #3
Fostang
Registered Member

He must be the most dumbest mother f'er I have ever heard of. What a waste of gas.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:23 PM   #4
429mustang
Registered Member

Some kid in a new blue celica with "turbo" (yeah right) embblems did the same to me a little while back. I was leaving to go home and saw him getting into his tightness, so I burned out past him. A few minutes later he caught up to me on the highway, so I slowed down to get next to him. I couldn't see him through his window tint, but I revved it and took off and he didn't even try. I slowed down again and he still wouldn't race me. If his car is really "turbo" than he shouldn't too worried, but hey, whatever.
429mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 12:38 AM   #5
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Hmm... some people might like to end the race/slow down once they got up to 110.
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 03:30 PM   #6
inferno
The Instigator

Well, I would say the race is well over by 110, if you want to call that a race. I am sure his car doesn't go through the traps at 110(which would be 12's or 11's) so it is safe to assume that it was time to shut it down.

------------------
90 Honda CRX aka Project Mongoose
Estimated Completion: 7/1/01
453 horses with a stock head...built head and LSD on the way

84 Toyota Supra
High flow cat, two chamber flowmaster, custom 2.5" piping, msd 8.5mm wires. Will have boost before 2002.
Have HKS turbo manifold for it.....purchasing T88 on 5/19

inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 04:39 PM   #7
what_import
Registered Member

You all are all correct, what I am trying to say though is...the light turned green(he was infront, I was behind him) there was a car infront and to the side of both of us. SO he took off like a bat out of hell, was really no since for me to do the same(waste of gas) the only place to go would be his rear bumper. So when finally the cars cleared out, I could still here him on it. SO i proceeded to catch up and right when I was catching up, he slammed on the breaks! But oh well, some other time I am sure.
what_import is offline   Reply With Quote