MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-02-2001, 08:49 PM   #1
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Cool I Hate those Dodge Neon!!!!!

Why is it that every body that has a Doge Neon or Grand AM thinks it is all that? I was driving along at 60MPH then this guy in a Grand AM comes up and rides my tail so i go about 65 it is a 55 zone and he is like 10ft from me. Then he trys to pass me, well I had to do something so I leve it in 5th a hit the pedel [2.73gears no power]. I speed up to 85 and then he had to back off. So I slowed to 65 and he dropped way back. next he comes up fast this time at lest 100. So I drop it down to keep ahead of him. At about 110 I let him pass. For we were coming up to a 4way stop. And didn't want him to rear end me! At the stop sign he does a bunout [I think it was . I let the car lose and Holy cow, It is all down hill, [I have a taurus wagen and I can hit about 80 in under 11sec.]
it is like 9% grade hill about 1/4 mile. Well it look like he was at a stand still I passed him doing 130MPH Then I slowed down we were getting in to town. When he goes by me he almost ran a car off the road. He was yelling at me. What is up with that??
I Hate those Dodge Neon!!!!! that do that to!!!!!!!

------------------
1988 LX 5.0
Drivetrain: 2.73 Stock Gears, World Class T-5, Lakewood Bellhousing, Summit Adjustable Cluch Quadrant & Cable, Alumminum Driveshaft, Flaming River Manual Steering Rack
Suspension: MAC Control Arms,Maximum Motorsports Front Grip Package, H&R Sport Spings, Bilstein Shocks
Engine: Steal Mounts, Ram air, K&N, Under Drive Pulles
Exhaust: 1 5/8 Un-Equal Length Mac Headers, X-pipe W\cats, Edelbrock cat\back

Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 01:42 PM   #2
dashapht
Registered Member

This is a classic case of "let the tailgating idiot in a non-performance car pass and get the ticket or wreck and you go about your business"
dashapht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 08:07 AM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Yup, I know what you mean man. I went back to Edmonton for a visit last week and finally got to drive my stang again (ahhh, it was divine! ) and the only race that I had was a riced out Neon (fart pipe and tinted windows). These clowns did the same thing. Pull up real close at about 45-50 MPH and then after a few minutes of tailgating pull up square beside me and want to go.

I dropped down to 3rd (I also have 2.73's ) and toasted this guy. He then tried is stupid ricer flyby and I caught him, he only got to my rear tire before I left him again.

After that I ignored this guy in his stupid neon. Which like dashapht said is probably the best thing to do. Although when we came to a light, he made sure that he didn't look over my way and turned in the opposite direction .

------------------
Driving: 1998 F-150
Far way in Edmonton==>
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote