MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-27-2001, 05:50 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Thumbs down Nitrous "cheap way to win"

Ok so im at the track Friday night. I was putting the the usual @ss whoopin on all of the redneck trucks and grand ams and cars of this sort. I know nothing to brag about but a win is a win Anyways there was this guy that had a 94 mustang we were both parked with our hoods up waiting for our engines to cool in the staging area. I noticed the steel braid line that was tapped into his air inlet tube so I new he had NOS I asked the guy what kind of times he was running and he said a 14.9 was his best so far. So I assumed that either the guy is out of NOS or just doesnt use it. So we decide to race I was pumped about this race cause our ET ranges were so close I had been running 15.20's all night and his best was a 14.90 so in the burnout area I cook the hell out of my nitto's pulled up to the light and nailed it a .509 light with a .500 being perfect his light was a .836 and sure enough I ran a 15.21 and he ran a 14.93 so I just barely beat him at this point we were still getting along once again we are parked in the staging lanes and he says lets go again and naturaly I say lets go. so I kill him off the line by about a car length and all of the sudden he flies by me and beat me by ten car lengths I thought to myself what a cheap way to win. So next time around I tell him had to hit the juice huh and he says ok ill tell you what I wont hit the juice this time and I promise you you wont win. So we line up again and at the 1/8th mile he had me by half a car and I knew that my car wasnt gonna pull on him so I knew I was gonna lose and even with the lead the phucker hits the NOS just so he could make his point. Racing this guy was good for me though cause I improved my best times in every area Best 60ft 2.14 Best 1/8th 9.65 and best 1/4 15.20. All together he beat me 3 out of 5 times but every time he beat me he hit the juice and his car was faster than mine without it so what does that tell you I think that after my 3.73's get here I will dust this guys @ss cause all of his talent is in a bottle. Just my two cents.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 07:13 PM   #2
Wes89GT
Registered Member

call me a cheater then.... though i suppose i'd be p!ssed off too if i was running 15's.

------------------
89 GT, flowmasters, gutted cats, headers, k&n, 3.73s, Removed Air Silencer, 80hp shot of NOS
Wes89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 08:25 PM   #3
lx mike
Undescribable

I'm surprized he didn't suggest a little wager too.
The way he used it on you was cheap and anyone there that watched you run him would know he sprayed you cause all of a sudden he is putting 10 cars on you when the race before you was side by side.

------------------
93-LX: 5 Speed, Flow's with H-Pipe, 3.73's Sub's and K&N.
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 08:46 PM   #4
dinomite
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Wes89GT:
call me a cheater then.... though i suppose i'd be p!ssed off too if i was running 15's.
No reason to get angry and attack people....chill out
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:22 PM   #5
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Quote:

LOL!!!!!!

Man this topic of NOS is cheating is soooo played out. Not everyone can afford to go fast and have a unlimited budget...jeez

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows

'87 GT.
Stock
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 09:57 PM   #6
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Ok I'm not making a big deal out of this, but how is nitrous cheating? I can understand if the guy told you he wasn't going to use it and then he did. How is it any different from a supercharger or turbo? Ohhh man there are alot of people "cheating" out everwhere huh? Better watch out! Later.

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter,Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor
http://www.geocities.com/i8urvpr/JM.html?987369348700
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 10:00 PM   #7
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Angry

Quote:

You must not read to well so I will explain it to you. If the guy would have said I am running 13's on NOS do you wanna race I still would have raced him just for fun and would have expected to lose. It was understood that this was an all motor match up and he hit the bottle to make up for his pathetic driving.

I am not saying using NOS is cheating but like I said it was supposed to be an all motor race. So in this instance it was cheating.
Damn everytime I post some guy that cant read to well starts trying to start a war.

IF YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THAT HITTING NOS IN AN ALL MOTOR RACE IS CHEATING THEN YOU ARE AN IDIOT. THE GUY SAYS HE WONT USE THE JUICE AND THEN DOES WELL TO ME THAT IS CHEATING WHAT CAN I SAY.
Yeah I run a 15.2 and what of it that is all my car will do I wish it was faster but its not I am not at all pissd I run 15.20's I bought my stang just to have fun with the only time I drive it is at the track. I am trying to decide weather to buy a holley systemax kit or a turbo by the end of the summer I will be at least at a low 13 I knew the car wasnt that fast when I bought it I just go to the track for fun.
We all have to start somewhere 15.20 is not embarrassing to me 15.20 is a starting point.
Old 05-27-2001, 10:13 PM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Red face

Ok maybe I didnt explain well enough in my opening post. The only reason we were even racing each other is cause we thought it would be competitive. I am known for nailing the lights and his car is a few tenths faster than mine. If you dont think that hitting the juice in a circumstance such as this is a cheap way to win I dont know what to say.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires
Old 05-27-2001, 10:53 PM   #9
Fostang
Registered Member

I need to stand up for N.O.S. I've used it for a while and like it. It's just a matter of taste. Why not be able to retain your gas milage and at the same time be able to hand some people their asses. I recently took my system out but plan on putting it back in and to tell you the truth I feel vulnerable right now. It gives you a piece of mind to be able to flip the switch when you need it.

------------------
67'fastback-Edelbrock carb,intake,cam,valve springs.Rhode lifters, CompCam rocker arms, windage tray,cerama coated headers,dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4,tci stall converter,perma cool electric fan,aluminum water pump,griffen aluminum radiator,accel 8.8 cable,wide cap distriburator,magnetic pick up,v-matic hurst shifter,edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump,ignitor coil,solid motor mounts,magna racing suspension,poly urathane bushings,under rider traction bars, comp. eng. s
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2001, 11:05 PM   #10
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Damn I must not have read it right, I thought you said the guy was in a truck. And I actually just skimmed throuh it so....What kind of car do you have and what year? Remember have fun...15.2's I wouldsay you have an 86 Gt? Just a guess, see ya.

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter,Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor
Old 05-28-2001, 12:27 AM   #11
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

"JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!" Just nevermind say what you want how he used it was cheap to say the least. Ok forget about the NOS i will just settle with the guy was a LIAR!!! Damn it whats up with all of this "Im gonna have to stand up for NOS" and "Well just call me a cheater to dude" and my personal favorite "guess theres alot of cheaters out then dude."

I did not mean to say NOS is cheap I was saying how this guy used his NOS was cheap cause it made him a liar.

I dont even know how you can argue with that

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 01:09 AM   #12
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

calm down guys!

Sky

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, headers and 3chamber flows.
12.55@107mph
50-175 Nitrous Works WET Kit just added.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 10:29 AM   #13
exgmguy
Registered Member

Run whatcha brung!!!!!

(Exgmguy sprays like a skunk!!!!)

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
12.0 @ 122
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 03:05 PM   #14
86GT
Sniffed too much n20

When I first read the topic, I thought, yeah, and superchargers, turbos aren't cheap? They're all power adders.

After reading your post, I can see why you're pissed. He was supposed to race you naturally aspirated, and then juiced it. Right? I can understand that.

Myself, I've finally got my juice in and waiting for a chance to use it. (Damn rain). I've had a few people say I'm cheating, but when I raced them I was all motor (beat a bunch of 13.2 second cars and stuff and didn't have the bottle in). Had to show them that it wasn't in too... Some people just try to find excuses for anything, winning or losing.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 04:40 PM   #15
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 86GT:
When I first read the topic, I thought, yeah, and superchargers, turbos aren't cheap? They're all power adders.

After reading your post, I can see why you're pissed. He was supposed to race you naturally aspirated, and then juiced it. Right? I can understand that.

Myself, I've finally got my juice in and waiting for a chance to use it. (Damn rain). I've had a few people say I'm cheating, but when I raced them I was all motor (beat a bunch of 13.2 second cars and stuff and didn't have the bottle in). Had to show them that it wasn't in too... Some people just try to find excuses for anything, winning or losing.

Even this guys own friends were making fun of him. His car was faster than mine without NOS. And the guy still had to hit it.

I think I am gonna go with a 100 shot of NOS till I can afford to buy some heads. I am guessing that would put me around a 13.3 on the bottle. You cant expect everyone to be honest ill just have to fight NOS with NOS

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 05:52 PM   #16
Power
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 5.0 HO:
Ok so im at the track Friday night. I was putting the the usual @ss whoopin on all of the redneck trucks and grand ams and cars of this sort. I know nothing to brag about but a win is a win Anyways there was this guy that had a 94 mustang we were both parked with our hoods up waiting for our engines to cool in the staging area. I noticed the steel braid line that was tapped into his air inlet tube so I new he had NOS I asked the guy what kind of times he was running and he said a 14.9 was his best so far. So I assumed that either the guy is out of NOS or just doesnt use it. So we decide to race I was pumped about this race cause our ET ranges were so close I had been running 15.20's all night and his best was a 14.90 so in the burnout area I cook the hell out of my nitto's pulled up to the light and nailed it a .509 light with a .500 being perfect his light was a .836 and sure enough I ran a 15.21 and he ran a 14.93 so I just barely beat him at this point we were still getting along once again we are parked in the staging lanes and he says lets go again and naturaly I say lets go. so I kill him off the line by about a car length and all of the sudden he flies by me and beat me by ten car lengths I thought to myself what a cheap way to win. So next time around I tell him had to hit the juice huh and he says ok ill tell you what I wont hit the juice this time and I promise you you wont win. So we line up again and at the 1/8th mile he had me by half a car and I knew that my car wasnt gonna pull on him so I knew I was gonna lose and even with the lead the phucker hits the NOS just so he could make his point. Racing this guy was good for me though cause I improved my best times in every area Best 60ft 2.14 Best 1/8th 9.65 and best 1/4 15.20. All together he beat me 3 out of 5 times but every time he beat me he hit the juice and his car was faster than mine without it so what does that tell you I think that after my 3.73's get here I will dust this guys @ss cause all of his talent is in a bottle. Just my two cents.

Ok 5.0 HO,
I have analyzed your post above ( ) and know what your talking about. NOS isnt cheating its the fact that he said he wouldn't use it. Cheater, liar, whatever else you want to call it I understand what your saying.

Don't worry about these guys, most of 'em don't read the whole post. Too many of them saw the title and got their panties in a wad.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2001, 07:00 PM   #17
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Thumbs up

I think your afraid of the nitrous. My friend has an 86 GT and it's all stock and he'll smoke you too! I'm going to have to agree with EXGMGUY run whatcha brung.

------------------
Old 05-28-2001, 11:57 PM   #18
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89:
I think your afraid of the nitrous. My friend has an 86 GT and it's all stock and he'll smoke you too! I'm going to have to agree with EXGMGUY run whatcha brung.

You obviously didnt read the post did you

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires.
best 60 ft 2.14, best 1/8th 9.65, best 1/4 15.2 @89mph
Old 05-29-2001, 12:20 AM   #19
88gt150k
Registered Member

a good n/a combo can put a blower or nitrous car away, unless the guy already has heads/cam/intake + nitous. that might be tuff. but racing has alot to do with tuning/driver/ traction and money of course.
run what ya brung

------------------
88gt gt40 irons mill/port, ported up/low efi,mac longs,1.6 rrs, crane fpr,fms a/c elim,dynomax s.t.,190lph,weld rims, bfg drs,3.73s, parts in limbo 24# inj and compcam .533 lift, 73 c&l mass
82gt 351w in limbo
89 4 cyl notch in limbo
88gt150k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 09:39 AM   #20
stevstum
Registered Member

I know what your saying 5.0. Some peoples egos get in the way of personal integrity. Don't worry about the guys on this post who obliously don't have a real knowledge of what racing is all about. Keep being truthful and ignore anyone who's ego is to big for thier car.

------------------
Steve Stumbaugh

89 LX 5.0 5sp.
Removed air silencer
Motorcraft 8mm wires
Autolite platinum plugs
BBK O/R h-pipe

stevstum is offline   Reply With Quote