MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-06-2001, 12:51 AM   #21
StreetStang37
Registered Member

I wish some of you guys with 12's and under cars (I know, a whole lot of you) could come down here and wup up on some imports at the races. The car to beat here is a Type R running 12.5 all motor (some like 210hp at the wheels). He raped an LS1 Camaro off the line and the guy in the LS1 gave up before he even shifted to 2nd. He runs slicks out there so he gets everyone out of the hole. There are also other high 12 cars out there but this car seems to be the one to beat. They make it seem as if 12's are the **** , but then I read how so many run better than that. Also there are hundreds of cars here that come out to the street races so who ever can beat this guy (he has lost to a Skyline GT-R and a Supra TT and a SC Saleen but not by much but cars like that are too few) will be watched by an audience of 500+.

------------------
1993 Mustang GT - March Ram Air & Pullies, K&N, C&L 73mm MAF, 3.73 Gears, Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2 in. High Flow H-Pipe & Cat Back, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 16* Timing Advance, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, Pro-Shift Lite, LX lights
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:18 PM   #22
LT1 Z28
Registered Member

Mid 12's is very respectable but not unbeatable. I am surprised not more people win against him. He must be a good driver too to his credit.

I think a GT with gears, slicks, bolt ons and NOS should take him. The mods would take the GT in low 13's and the NOS in low 12's. What do you think?
LT1 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:38 PM   #23
gp001
Registered Member

There is a difference between "CARS" and "CONTRAPTIONS". Anyone can gut the "car" out of anything, put a lot of horsepower in it, and go fast. It used to be you argued "power to weight", now we argue "performance to dollar". Just remember, if we all drove the same damn car (ie Mustangs) life would be pretty boring. If Dodge didn't build the Viper, what would the bar be set at? The Viper (like the ZO6) is for brand recognition. They probably aren't too profitable. Factory cars get "reiewed" properly modified cars get "respect". I get sneered at everyday in my "OLD" Mustang (Yes, even by new Mustang owners), untill I blow by em on the straights & in the corners. Then they show a little respect - that's what its all about.
Just my $0.02

------------------
347 (Coast High short block), 279/284 .493/.510, TFS TW, Stealth, 750, Flowtech hdrs, Dr. Gas X, 2 Chmbr Flowmaster, MSD 6AL-Dist.& SS coil, March serpentine pulley system, Art Carr C-4, Currie 9" w/3.55, alum Drv Shft, susp mods, Total Control subframes & tower braces, Trans Am Racing power dual master, 4 wheel disc
In a 66 coupe
gp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 07:16 AM   #24
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by gp001:
There is a difference between "CARS" and "CONTRAPTIONS". Anyone can gut the "car" out of anything, put a lot of horsepower in it, and go fast. It used to be you argued "power to weight", now we argue "performance to dollar". Just remember, if we all drove the same damn car (ie Mustangs) life would be pretty boring. If Dodge didn't build the Viper, what would the bar be set at? The Viper (like the ZO6) is for brand recognition. They probably aren't too profitable. Factory cars get "reiewed" properly modified cars get "respect". I get sneered at everyday in my "OLD" Mustang (Yes, even by new Mustang owners), untill I blow by em on the straights & in the corners. Then they show a little respect - that's what its all about.
Just my $0.02

Well said my friend.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers mac cold air fender kit cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires.
best 60 ft 2.14, best 1/8th 9.65, best 1/4 15.2 @89mph
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 07:46 AM   #25
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gp001:
Just my $0.02

You don't even have to worry about running into me and getting attitude, I've been beat too many times by Fox Mustangs to be cocky

------------------
Driving: 1998 F-150
Far way in Edmonton==>
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote