MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-07-2001, 10:20 PM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Post 1. Got beat 2. Question

This happened last week:

1. Coming home, me and this other guy in a black 00 GT just like mine are messing around in some light traffic. His car had the trademark Flowmaster sound, and I hoped that was all he had. Finally, I hit an opening in traffic, and took the jump, and he played catch up. We ended up at a light, with me first in the right lane, and him right behind me. The slow lane was occupied. The light changes and I ease out enough to get ahead of the White Pontiac something old next to me, and I get in front at about 30mph. As I wait for the other GT to pull alongside, he just punches it, gets the jump, and so I follow suit, but he steadily walked me up to 115. I'd say maybe 4 cars. My F*cking low coolant light came on, so I starting slowing down, and I was flashing my brights at him, so that he'd slow down too, and let me get next to him to ask what mods he had. It was obvious he had more than flows! Unfortunately, the guy never slowed down, and just kept going like a bat out of hell, and I had to granny it home, hoping my intake didnt just blow like it did in my 97 GT.
Well, when I got home, the light went off, and my coolant was not that low, so I dont know what the **** . My car is drinking coolant like crazy lately, what could the problem be? It's been like that ever since the Steeda pullies went in, could that be the problem? The temp never goes up, just the damn light comes on, and when I check the level, it's low, so I just add more. WTF?

BTW, there is no leak, for sure, cause there is never coolant under the car, and there is no odor while driving either.
------------------
Black 2000 GT
Pulleys, mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates

[This message has been edited by StoplightWarrior (edited 06-07-2001).]
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 10:44 PM   #2
96SNAKE
Registered Member

Well, If it isn't the head gaskets failing then you may want to look at the water pump. On my 89 LX years ago, the pump went bad and I was going through coolant like crazy and I couldn't figure out why until I checked the pump and sure enough, the bearing went and the impeller stopped spinning.

Just an idea though.. Good luck..
96SNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:26 PM   #3
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Dude I had the same problem with my 2000 GT... went to the dealer, they said they filled up the coolant and the problem never happened again ... that is until I blew the rad hose... ??? ... out of no where... it just blew up when I was accelerating in second gear.

You do know about the recalls on the 2000 that have some issue with heating and cooling the windshield... I read up a bit about it and its all related to a coolant line being jammed or something.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:51 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Ok, I think I'll have the dealership take a look at it, but how can I avoid them seeing the pulleys?
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 03:22 AM   #5
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Check the thrmst housing, i know my dad's silverado leaked a little at the thrmst housing, and was hard to detect.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote