MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-08-2001, 09:27 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Wink Twisty back roads fun

Today going to work I passed a Black 94-95 GT as he was about to turn onto the same road I was on. As I passed him I gave a little wave, and he acknowledged me with the same. He made his turn, and got stuck behind a truck. No more than 500 yards after turning onto the road, the truck turned off, and here came the GT. Now, on this road are some of the best curves around here. You know, "Kiss your butt" curves. I waited for him to catch up, and then dropped into 3rd, and nailed it.
I entered the long right hand turn at about 70, and noticed him somewhat hanging. I was kinda impressed. The next few bends are increasingly tighter, so speed is, well....relative. I threw my little Cobra around the turns, downshifting for everyone of them, only to upshift on my way out.
On the last curve, I slowed a bit more than I usually do, dropped her in 2nd, and let the rear end come around like I was somebody special. Upshift into 3rd, and away he went. I lost him after that, well, until I slowed to wait for him.
Later, I stopped at a gas station, and talked to him, and told him that I was greatful that he had made me push her to her limit. He was all to thankful himself. He had just gotten the car and only has a few things done to it, K&N, and bumped timing, so it really wasn't a contest. We sat and chatted for a few minutes, then I remembered that I needed to go to work and make some money. I gave him my number, and we should be going out later this weekend to pick on the Camaro boys(as long as SkarodoM, aka Phil doesn't show up!!! J/K). Ok, sorry this so long, but how many guys have you raced that want to hang out later and go with you to find more? That's what I thought!

Later.

------------------
The Black Mamba 11.2@124
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 01:49 PM   #2
WHITECOBRAGIRL94
Registered Member

Having fun in the twisties
heh? You know I love them.
Told dad I don't mind driving
to his house everyday cause I
get to go down alexander.