MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 11:06 AM   #1
streetlegalgrl
Registered Member

Question I need your help

I hope that I get a response to this! My man has a Windsor 351 4 bolt main NASCAR block, JE Pistons, 90lx with a 10 point cage, Some silver faced gauges,and a big shot NOS system...the problem is the car is not together and a guy we know offered him a trade. The trade is all of that for a 4 wheeler! I am trying to tell him that this is not a good trade the only problem is he didnt spend but maybe 1,000 dollars on all of this and he thinks that this is a good deal considering the money he put into the car. ok..here is where I need your help..I dont know how much all of this cost (except for the block and guages) and I am trying to inform him that this is BAD BAD BAD if you all could give me maybe round about costs I would appreciate it! If not then thats cool too I will just have to do this on my own!

Thank you for your help!
Heather
Old 06-13-2001, 01:24 PM   #2
bada$$lx

Cool

That would probably be the dumbest trade I'd ever seen. But, I don't know what shape this car/engine of his is in. $1000 doesn't sound like this Stang's in good shape at all...unless he got it from a local mall parking lot w/ out a key or title . I wouldn't do it......but I'm me and he's not.

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)

Old 06-13-2001, 01:26 PM   #3
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Thumbs down

OK Heather, i'm going to give it my best shot with out all the info i need. I'll give the pistons about average price and say they would be about $40.00-$45.00 a piece, or about $400 for the set. The nitrous can range anywhwere from approx $350 to about a grand. I'd say for a motor like that he may have about a $450.00 set up(just a guess). The cage , depending on quality and make, is at least a couple of hundred bucks. I am not too fermiliar with the 351 NASCAR blocks. But i'd give that a nice chunk of $$ to, say ball park over $600.00 no prob. The accessories alone are worth way over a grand, not including the block and car. BAD IDEA TO TRADE FOR A 4 wheeler!!

Posting in the correct forum will get you more hits. Jonathan

Light Em Up!!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
Old 06-13-2001, 08:37 PM   #4
Kevin Price
Registered Member

I would say a NASCAR block would have to be an SVO. In short, it is worth more than a regular production block.

I would say don't do it.

This really belongs in the Blue Oval Lounge.

Moved to Blue Oval Lounge

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Closed Thread